Converting Tattooine OWK ANH saber to Chronicles version. Input/feedback/guidance gre

MCM

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've decided that I want to convert my RE Obi-Wan saber (that I have in a more-or-less Tattooine configuration) to something that more closely resembles the saber as it appears in the Chronicles photos. What I know I need to do would be:

- flip the pommel cubes around so that the steeper side of the cubes face the bottom of the saber
- toss the one transistor washer
- polish the portion of the neck above the windvane to a shinier brass color
- apply metallic tape to portions of the clamp

There are a couple of things I'm not quite sure about, though. There is some kind of cotter pin looking thing connecting the booster and the clamp. I tried searching the forum but couldn't find an answer. What is this piece? Also, does anyone know the size of the flathead screw on the right side of the clamp? It looks like its helping to secure the clamp to the grenade. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mance
86c912dab1ac916750d35dc02f3b2c8e.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Re: Converting Tattooine OWK ANH saber to Chronicles version. Input/feedback/guidance

A picture for clarification
59d870bff577a2df4814ff8f8c31b327.jpg

Re: Converting Tattooine OWK ANH saber to Chronicles version. Input/feedback/guidance

little brass screw in the clamp, trying to dig up a pic for ya

I've decided that I want to convert my RE Obi-Wan saber (that I have in a more-or-less Tattooine configuration) to something that more closely resembles the saber as it appears in the Chronicles photos. What I know I need to do would be:

- flip the pommel cubes around so that the steeper side of the cubes face the bottom of the saber
- toss the one transistor washer
- polish the portion of the neck above the windvane to a shinier brass color
- apply metallic tape to portions of the clamp

There are a couple of things I'm not quite sure about, though. There is some kind of cotter pin looking thing connecting the booster and the clamp. I tried searching the forum but couldn't find an answer. What is this piece? Also, does anyone know the size of the flathead screw on the right side of the clamp? It looks like its helping to secure the clamp to the grenade. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mancehttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170704/86c912dab1ac916750d35dc02f3b2c8e.jpg

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but can I ask what the colour of your emitter cone is? I am in the process of building the Tunisia version myself but cant find any photos showing the cone

Thanks for any help with this

Aaaahhh MCM -san, yew knot ah rook hard enuffa!

Here ya go for the screw....

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=275482&page=4&p=4227650&viewfull=1#post4227650

I'm pretty sure the figure 8 hole and cotter pin are discussed in one of the Ob-Wan lightsaber threads too, but with half of Chaim's pictures missing due to Photobucket becoming a Chamberpot, it's difficult to quick scan, so I'll let you find that one on your own. It is in here though, I know I've read it.

Some of the pics you need are sure to be found on Chaim's Chamberpot account, if they don't delete them within the account too that is...

http://s833.photobucket.com/user/Sym-Cha/library/?sort=3&page=1

I think I'm doing to have to go through all of my posts and upload the images directly here to TheRPF to prevent situations like this Chamberpot fiasco from happening again in the future!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Aaaahhh @MCM -san, yew knot ah rook hard enuffa!

Here ya go for the screw....

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=275482&page=4&p=4227650&viewfull=1#post4227650

I'm pretty sure the figure 8 hole and cotter pin are discussed in one of the Ob-Wan lightsaber threads too, but with half of Chaim's pictures missing due to Photobucket becoming a Chamberpot, it's difficult to quick scan, so I'll let you find that one on your own. It is in here though, I know I've read it.

Some of the pics you need are sure to be found on Chaim's Chamberpot account, if they don't delete them within the account too that is...

http://s833.photobucket.com/user/Sym-Cha/library/?sort=3&page=1

I think I'm doing to have to go through all of my posts and upload the images directly here to TheRPF to prevent situations like this Chamberpot fiasco from happening again in the future!!!
Thanks so much for the link. I've got some cotter pins on the way courtesy of Chaïm and I'll get the brass screw on order in the next day or so. I just can't seem to get the results I want from the search function, so I really appreciate the help!

I flipped the pommel cubes, polished up the brass on the upper portion of the windvane, applied tape to the clamp, and even tried to mimic the markings on the transistors somewhat.

Now to summon the courage to blow out the balance pipe...
994b8cd448f74a29fe0eeddebe982501.jpg
e02a37dde03563f7dcb08c2b8d41bbef.jpg
746868c1a5fa6f0930622df0ecdad4d3.jpg
452723f44ee20f1d03ddebe70d460bde.jpg

Attachments

• 994b8cd448f74a29fe0eeddebe982501.jpg
    994b8cd448f74a29fe0eeddebe982501.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 53
  • e02a37dde03563f7dcb08c2b8d41bbef.jpg
    e02a37dde03563f7dcb08c2b8d41bbef.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 59
  • 746868c1a5fa6f0930622df0ecdad4d3.jpg
    746868c1a5fa6f0930622df0ecdad4d3.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 452723f44ee20f1d03ddebe70d460bde.jpg
    452723f44ee20f1d03ddebe70d460bde.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks so much for the link. I really appreciate the help!

You're very welcome buddy, anytime!

Now to summon the courage to blow out the balance pipe...

I'd wait a bit to start smacking it around. I think if we see any clearer images of the Tom Jung / Chronicles photos, that we're going to discover it's just paint and epoxy smears as opposed to dents and dings. With any luck we'll get to see high resolution copies of the original photos (or better yet, new close-up photos of the original prop) that will show us just how much goop they used to secure the balance pipe with onto the grenade stem.

I really like how yours looks right now, and once your Vintage British Cotter Pin is in place, I think you'll have a wonderful Chronicles Replica!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back