Plenty of reference pictures from Star wars exhibit in Florida

Re: Star wars exhibit in Florida

Looks like this exhibition will make its last stop in Detroit from May to September. I think I’m gonna try to go, I haven’t been to one of these since Magic of Myth...

Great stuff! I visited the exhibit on February 3 and took like over 1500 pictures that I've still got to upload. They understandably don't want anyone taking flash pictures inside the exhibit, so getting good reference material can be hard. I was going to go back there a second time with a better camera, but then I found out that it's moving to the the Detroit Institute of Arts next, which is a much closer and more convenient location for me. I'm hoping they'll bring back more of the props seen at previous locations (like New York City and Denver), because many were disappointingly absent from the St. Petersburg one.

BTW, did you see those trees outside of the museum? They were pretty cool.

Are there any guesses which items are most likely screen used and which were created for putting on display?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Are there any guesses which items are most likely screen used and which were created for putting on display?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
screen or real props were behind the glass. Most pieces were not behind glass so I'm guessing they are just costumes or replicas. The Droid parts, yodas bags and Leia dress were behind glass so I'm guessing they are real or spares for screen use.

- - - Updated - - -

Great stuff! I visited the exhibit on February 3 and took like over 1500 pictures that I've still got to upload. They understandably don't want anyone taking flash pictures inside the exhibit, so getting good reference material can be hard. I was going to go back there a second time with a better camera, but then I found out that it's moving to the the Detroit Institute of Arts next, which is a much closer and more convenient location for me. I'm hoping they'll bring back more of the props seen at previous locations (like New York City and Denver), because many were disappointingly absent from the St. Petersburg one.

BTW, did you see those trees outside of the museum? They were pretty cool.
try to get some good shots of boushh helmet. I couldn't get a good shot of the left side because of the glaring lights. Are you talking about the Bannon trees?

Has anyone been able to make out what the two patches on the Y-wing pilot flak vest say? I know that the bottom one says something like "stuck at ILM, please send help". Not sure what the rest of it says.

Kevin you the man !!!

Thanks a lot with those pics.

Unfortunatly, i saw 2 years ago an exhibit (Star wars power of force) but most of the lightsaber and blaster where hidden or bad resin copies for the exhibit ...

Kevin these are great! Did you happen to share the r2 pics with the droid builders? If not do you mind if I go show them the clear dome with r2 parts inside?

That ESB gripper arm, do you remember if that was a resin cast?

I wonder if it was fan made? It looks legit, but I remember the real metal gripper selling at auction a long time ago

try to get some good shots of boushh helmet. I couldn't get a good shot of the left side because of the glaring lights. Are you talking about the Bannon trees?

Yeah, looks like that's the type of tree I'm talking about. Good advice on the Boushh helmet; it doesn't look like I took any pictures of it from that side yet. I should probably ask what people want pictures of before I go next (especially since that will apparently be the last stop). I also would like to visit Star Wars Identities, but that was already in Canada (three times) years ago and just opened in Belgium, so I might have missed my chance. Although the website does mention that it's stopping in twelve cities (with more locations to be announced) and Belgium is the last stop in Europe, so maybe it'll stop by the United States next., but the website also mentions that it's on a six-year tour (which started in 2012), and I think it's already been to nine or ten locations already, and I don't think it can visit two more locations by the end of 2018, and only stopping in two American cities would be a little weird, so... I dunno.

Anyways, here's my album of pictures that I took there (warning: lots of blurry ones). I've still got to clean it up and put pictures of specific costumes and props in their own albums so you don't have to sift through the full thing every time. I didn't realize they're still be a big interest in pictures of stuff from this exhibition.

It seemed like most everything was probably either screen-used or at least production-made. I Can't remember anything that looked like a replica; maybe some of the more detailed mannequins, like the droids and Ewoks, and the light-up lightsabers were probably just made for display.

Has anyone been able to make out what the two patches on the Y-wing pilot flak vest say? I know that the bottom one says something like "stuck at ILM, please send help". Not sure what the rest of it says.

Someone on The Parts of Star Wars Facebook Page was looking for those a while ago (maybe it was you). There's actually a plaque pointing out that they have jokes on them:

40301235225_e59df057a6_o.jpg26323979887_e55fb6afea_o.jpg40301234355_28ba7a91df_o.jpg41197472081_53045d73b0_o.jpg41152281202_7bb7dc3ce7_o.jpg

Looks like it's mostly gibberish, but the upper patch says "ILM. SAN RAFAEL CALIFORNIA USA" (although that "U" looks more like an "H" or "N") and the lower one (I think) only says "WHEN CAN WE LEAVE?".

Last edited:
Kevin these are great! Did you happen to share the r2 pics with the droid builders? If not do you mind if I go show them the clear dome with r2 parts inside?

That ESB gripper arm, do you remember if that was a resin cast?

I wonder if it was fan made? It looks legit, but I remember the real metal gripper selling at auction a long time ago
feel free to show them to however finds them useful. As far as I know, the stuff in glass was legit. May have been spares and not screen used. It didn't look like resin to me. I studied them for a bit.

Also, if anyone has exhibition photos, please feel free to post them here. This isn't my personal limelight page. I posted these because I felt many members can find these useful as a reference for ongoing projects.

Yeah, looks like that's the type of tree I'm talking about. Good advice on the Boushh helmet; it doesn't look like I took any pictures of it from that side yet. I should probably ask what people want pictures of before I go next (especially since that will apparently be the last stop). I also would like to visit Star Wars Identities, but that was already in Canada (three times) years ago and just opened in Belgium, so I might have missed my chance. Although the website does mention that it's stopping in twelve cities (with more locations to be announced) and Belgium is the last stop in Europe, so maybe it'll stop by the United States next., but the website also mentions that it's on a six-year tour (which started in 2012), and I think it's already been to nine or ten locations already, and I don't think it can visit two more locations by the end of 2018, and only stopping in two American cities would be a little weird, so... I dunno.

Anyways, here's my album of pictures that I took there (warning: lots of blurry ones). I've still got to clean it up and put pictures of specific costumes and props in their own albums so you don't have to sift through the full thing every time. I didn't realize they're still be a big interest in pictures of stuff from this exhibition.

It seemed like most everything was probably either screen-used or at least production-made. I Can't remember anything that looked like a replica; maybe some of the more detailed mannequins, like the droids and Ewoks, and the light-up lightsabers were probably just made for display.

Someone on The Parts of Star Wars Facebook Page was looking for those a while ago (maybe it was you). There's actually a plaque pointing out that they have jokes on them:

View attachment 807158View attachment 807156View attachment 807157View attachment 807160View attachment 807159

Looks like it's mostly gibberish, but the upper patch says "ILM. SAN RAFAEL CALIFORNIA USA" (although that "U" looks more like an "H" or "N") and the lower one (I think) only says "WHEN CAN WE LEAVE?".
Ah, thanks for posting those!

1- THANKS!
It looks like a well lit exhibit, unlike some I've been to before.

2- what film is that Vader helmet from, the only w/ the dome off?

3- the resin stunt blaster in Solo's holster looks like the Muppet blaster, but we know that was sold at auction a few years ago. Could this be another stunt that was thrown at Vader in the Bespin dining room scene?

4- more examples of Trisha Biggar's work from TPM that was snubbed at the Oscars that year- what a shame.

1- THANKS!
It looks like a well lit exhibit, unlike some I've been to before.

2- what film is that Vader helmet from, the only w/ the dome off?

3- the resin stunt blaster in Solo's holster looks like the Muppet blaster, but we know that was sold at auction a few years ago. Could this be another stunt that was thrown at Vader in the Bespin dining room scene?

4- more examples of Trisha Biggar's work from TPM that was snubbed at the Oscars that year- what a shame.
the vader lid was from episode 3. For some strange reason, they had it facing backwards with the face only showing if you look in a mirror. " Artists "

the vader lid was from episode 3. For some strange reason, they had it facing backwards with the face only showing if you look in a mirror. " Artists "
Kevin. That Vader helmet is from empire strikes back. It was used during the fighting scenes and as you can see the chin and neck part is plexiglass so the stuntman could see through the helmet.

Kevin. That Vader helmet is from empire strikes back. It was used during the fighting scenes and as you can see the chin and neck part is plexiglass so the stuntman could see through the helmet.
cool, I thought it was episode 3 because the plague next to the full vader said it. I guess they just placed the esb one so close, I thought they were the same

Some real epic pictures kevin. Your very lucky to see this. I sure hope this ends up working its way up the east coast and hits Boston...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some real epic pictures kevin. Your very lucky to see this. I sure hope this ends up working its way up the east coast and hits Boston...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I took a bunch of pics from the Star wars exhibition at Hollywood studios. (About the same amount) however, those have been loaded on a disk. I need to upload them here as well.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back