T Track - 5 wrong versions

laszlo

Sr Member
I found these images on an old hard drive last week from around 2005 of five types of T track I had found over the years.
Thought I'd share them so you can see all the different variation etc.

The track on the right is Blastechs rubber grip for scale reference.

IMG_1059.JPGIMG_1060.JPG

The T-track on the far left looks a lot like my vintage T-track coming from UK cupboards :)

T-track-01_zpsgpuaewen.jpg

Any idea where the others came from?

Chaim

the second last one looks pretty close as well. it's crazy that there were multiple kinds and we still cant find any :lol

What ever happened to the idea that these were draft-excluders from an old auto? That seems more in line with the idea of stuff collected from a junkyard. What ruled that out if indeed it was ruled out? Or did it just end up another in the list of plausible s that could never be verified?

Last edited:
What ever happened tomthe idea that these were draft-excluders from an old auto? That seems more in line with the idea of stuff collected from a junkyard. What ruled that out if indeed it was ruled out? Or did it just end up another in the list of plausible s that could never be verified?

i still argue they were draft excluders from old windows. but the cupboard seems to be the right answer. many other member have found similar track in cabinet sliding doors.

Four came from cabinets I have plundered and one I bought from an ancient hardware shop.

Did you find them again in your stash of vintage parts? ... The T-track next to the Blast-Techs looks rather good from your picture ... curious to see it up close for inspection :)

Chaïm

I once had that profile next to the Blastech on my ANH Luke - it looked perfect in profile but was just too small. The parts are in my attic - next time I'm up there I'll look for them :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back