Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049!

Exterior pockets are somewhat small. I’m getting mine altered with a windbreaker material that will be a little more durable.

I'm pretty much set for my order, just waiting on some responses about questions I had from Joachim. Very painless and pleasant experience so far. If anything, I might stick it out until they determine if they can do custom wax color options. I know other people have waxed their own jackets with varying degrees of success, so maybe ordering a custom cotton color and waxing it myself is the way to go? I'm not planning on the writing on the back anyways.

I am unwise to the process of making waxed cotton, as I assumed the wax was simply applied after the garment was complete. I'm using anecdotal evidence as I've had my Barbour jacket re-waxed - professionally, of course - successfully. It appears this isn't always the case, though.

Also, interesting note @benhs1898, I'll have to keep that in mind. Are they to small? As in, is it uncomfortable to have your hands in the pockets?

Uridium, or someone else with the Magnoli coat, can you take a photo with the jacket on with it open in a position like this? (This is from Zlurpo's listing.) I'm interested in the position of the interior pocket(s) on the Magnoli coat.

I would ask about having the hand-warming pockets made a bit larger. jarrettkong They are usable and not uncomfortable, but I wish they were bigger.

Interior pockets, see picture, the one on the left side (when worn) is a zippered pocket. The other is open at the top.
When wearing the coat they feel in the correct place, like a suit jacket.

P1020217.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I would ask about having the hand-warming pockets made a bit larger. @jarrettkong They are usable and not uncomfortable, but I wish they were bigger.

Interior pockets, see picture, the one on the left side (when worn) is a zippered pocket. The other is open at the top.
When wearing the coat they feel in the correct place, like a suit jacket.

Thanks!! That's immensely helpful. I think I will ask them to make the hand warming pockets a bit larger. I might also see if they can add a couple of interior pockets below the existing ones.

Uridium are they too short or too shallow, or both? I like the size of them but I could see them being deeper. Also, looks like you got an extra hook eh?

I saw Adam Savage had on as part of his costume for the 2048 short a coat with a sort of line graph/graphic EQ design down the spine in this same orange colour. Seeing it there too makes me think of the discolouration in the same faded orange on some of the letters in the photos people have provided of K's coat on display. It makes me wonder if the logic behind the text on K's is that it once looked that way and has been worn away down to just the adhesive under layer, leaving you with a sort of grubby faded afterimage. Interesting to note also that the smaller icon that looks like a 7 may have been a 2 or 5 originally like in that photo.

Not sure if I am explaining well, but maybe someone sees the same thing.

Ed: Here's the coat I was gibbering about.

TuYd9k6.jpg

Last edited:
jarrettkong they just feel like i need to close my fist somewhat when my hands are in the pocket. I may have a tailor replace them when I get back to the UK.

OK GUYS.... I hope you enjoyed my pictures and comments. I am now heading out on a 10 week trip from Hong Kong back to London. All by train.
China - Mongolia - Russia - The Baltics - Europe - and finally back home to the UK.

Oh, if you care to check out our trip, we will be documenting it - AndOurOtherAdventures

Good luck with your coats whatever you choose! I look forward to seeing everyone's pictures when I review this thread in late March.

Just caught this in the “making of” video. Looks like the same graphics from K’s coat were used on other costumes:
View attachment 787144

that's really interesting, because it actually means the graphic on K's jacket is cropped from the full thing

This one shows N2HOOIOS, but on K's the 2 (which is upside down) is cropped and looks like a subscript 7.

Feedback? How would this wok for K's sweater? I'm still trying to find some good pants and read through the log but now that its been a couple months, what has everyone gone with?
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/yUYAAOSwoBlaU~ii/s-l1600.jpg

I've been lurking this thread for quite some time but only recently decided to join the site. I think this sweater you have here is the closest thing we'll be able to find for K's sweater. I think this is colour is what he wears for the last 75% of the film, while he happens to wear a dark blue sweater for the first few scenes of the film, up to the Cells Interlinked scene.K1.jpgK3.jpg

I think there is some variety as two which two of the Merino Wool shirts you would like to use for the flick. I personally like the blue better over the dark green/grey version towards the end of the film. I took some of the advice and checked my local H&M and found the following two sweaters. The one on the left is Merino while the one on the right is Pure Wool. The left is a more accurate texture while the one on the right has a more accurate neck cut - wider. I went with the left - Merino. Picked it up for $25 CAD.
Sweater Merino.jpgSweater Pure Wool.jpg
Do you guys have any thoughts on the sweater colours or am I blind? I definitely think the two photos from the movie are two different colours.

Anyway, I ordered a dark grey jacket from WSL and while I have seen a lot mixed reviews about it here, I hope mine turns out decent. I will post photos.

Attachments

• K2.jpg
    K2.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 196
I'm with you on there being two different sweaters! I mentioned the same thing a bit ago but your post just reminded me that I can actually check

sdf.PNGhdhd.PNG

On top of the colour being different, the seams at the shoulders are also completely different, as well as the collar. What's kinda interesting is that on the black sweater, you can see a repair from the hole that was seemingly left from his fight with Sapper.

I don't really know what to do with this information so I'll let you awesome people decide what to do!

Attachments

• sdf.PNG
    sdf.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 144
  • hdhd.PNG
    hdhd.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 130
Yea I thought they were the same sweaters for awhile but I noticed the seams of the shoulders in the “baseline scene” the other day.

so, let the hunt begin? lol.

I'm with you on there being two different sweaters! I mentioned the same thing a bit ago but your post just reminded me that I can actually check

View attachment 787356View attachment 787357

On top of the colour being different, the seams at the shoulders are also completely different, as well as the collar. What's kinda interesting is that on the black sweater, you can see a repair from the hole that was seemingly left from his fight with Sapper.

I don't really know what to do with this information so I'll let you awesome people decide what to do!
I was thinking time ago that he wears diferent jumpers (one blue and one Black/charcoal). After the fight with Sapper he tells Joi that his shirt?! was broken, and she answers that she is going to stitch it.
The same thing with the trousers, he wears a couple (at least one green and another Brown,that's for sure).
C'mon guys, K is a clean guy!:D

View attachment 787356View attachment 787357

For the sweater in the picture with the holster, please compare the Belstaff "Hurtstone" jumper. It's not that exact one, but it may be a similar Belstaff sweater from a previous collection. A clue for this would be that Denis Villeneuve looks to be wearing a Belstaff sweater in the Wired Magazine promotional interview. At the bottom of the article, the stylists and some designers are cited. I believe Denis may be wearing a "K" sweater and I think it might be the Belstaff one mentioned.

Sadly, Belstaff's sweaters are costly. The Superdry textured, garment-dyed one is not exact, but pretty close. (They run fairly snug, BTW.)

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back