Battle starship

Hi Katsu-san
The weather is turning cold here in the UK,
frosty mornings and a touch of snow, the snow didn’t stay long but the temperature has been very low all week.

Very nice work on the fine details round your gun turrets, drinking beer for your supply of 0.1mm is a totally ingenious way of enjoying your hobby and getting tipsy at the same time,
you also save money on stock materials, ( win win all round )
I don’t usually condone drinking to much but you need to drink more and build more !!!!

Many thanks to you for your kind words and thoughts in such an honourable place of worship, I’m humbled by your kind words and thoughts.
My wife and I send our love and best wishes to you and your family, we also wish you all a long, healthy and happy life together.

Enjoy your comic con with your daughter, please take plenty of pictures as we both now enjoy pictures of your trips, it’s the next best thing to visiting your beautiful country.
My wife ( and me !!) sends kisses to you all XXX

Hi Katsu-san,

You were supposed to stick to boring details! Aaaaack! Gasp! But, I'm still... alive... barely. What can I say more than has not already been said? Wow! Wait, I already said that before. :p All those details look very cool! :cool:cool:cool (Why does that emoji remind me of Men in Black?) :lol Really like the design pattern around the gun and on the forward section. Really nice use of the beer cans. :thumbsup Nice idea. Mine use of the idea will be with Lemonade cans. Anything special to take off the coloring on the can?

What a wonderful looking trip and time with your family. Thank you so much for your kind words and thoughts. I'm honored to be considered one among your friends in such a way. May the wishes and blessings you have sent our way be returned seven fold upon you and your wonderful family. My wish for you to also have a long, healthy, and happy life is a little self serving only because I wish to continue to enjoy the process of more of your creations. But the wish is no less sincere even with that hint of ulterior motive. May they never end! :D

As for Comic-Con, go and enjoy! Can't wait to see the pictures. I just attended the big one here as a vendor of 3D printers (I design, build, and sell them) so I didn't get around to see much but a lot of interesting and fine people came to my booth so it was good.

I am honored that you would pray for me, Katsu-san. Thank-you. It has been my privilege to be your friend. You are an extraordinary man. I also pray for your happiness and safety, and for your family. One of my great joys in life would be to travel to Japan and meet you some day. Thank-you for being my friend.

Hi Katsu-san
The weather is turning cold here in the UK,
frosty mornings and a touch of snow, the snow didn’t stay long but the temperature has been very low all week.

Very nice work on the fine details round your gun turrets, drinking beer for your supply of 0.1mm is a totally ingenious way of enjoying your hobby and getting tipsy at the same time,
you also save money on stock materials, ( win win all round )
I don’t usually condone drinking to much but you need to drink more and build more !!!!

Many thanks to you for your kind words and thoughts in such an honourable place of worship, I’m humbled by your kind words and thoughts.
My wife and I send our love and best wishes to you and your family, we also wish you all a long, healthy and happy life together.

Enjoy your comic con with your daughter, please take plenty of pictures as we both now enjoy pictures of your trips, it’s the next best thing to visiting your beautiful country.
My wife ( and me !!) sends kisses to you all XXX

Thank you very much for the kine words to my work.
And please send my best regards to your partner.

Hi Katsu-san,

You were supposed to stick to boring details! Aaaaack! Gasp! But, I'm still... alive... barely. What can I say more than has not already been said? Wow! Wait, I already said that before. :p All those details look very cool! :cool:cool:cool (Why does that emoji remind me of Men in Black?) :lol Really like the design pattern around the gun and on the forward section. Really nice use of the beer cans. :thumbsup Nice idea. Mine use of the idea will be with Lemonade cans. Anything special to take off the coloring on the can?

What a wonderful looking trip and time with your family. Thank you so much for your kind words and thoughts. I'm honored to be considered one among your friends in such a way. May the wishes and blessings you have sent our way be returned seven fold upon you and your wonderful family. My wish for you to also have a long, healthy, and happy life is a little self serving only because I wish to continue to enjoy the process of more of your creations. But the wish is no less sincere even with that hint of ulterior motive. May they never end! :D

As for Comic-Con, go and enjoy! Can't wait to see the pictures. I just attended the big one here as a vendor of 3D printers (I design, build, and sell them) so I didn't get around to see much but a lot of interesting and fine people came to my booth so it was good.

Thank you very much for the pleasant comment for my 'Boring' works.:lol
It's so good for you that you don't need any alcoholic beverages to survive. If I have been able to do that, I could have made a fortune.:facepalm
By the way, a thin aluminum sheet of can is always very useful for those small pieces works. Please don't be bothered with the printing on its surface. The back side is always blank.;)You can cut with scissors. The thin can sheet is curled. So, you may have to reverse curl with something like a pipe or roller so that it wont be bother you.

Thanks for the kind words for our trip. I have just been thinking that the cause that I could have been enjoying my modeling work is all due to your kind usual supports. So, I pray for your health and happiness so that I can have more of your good support and joy to see more your modelling. (ulterior motive?) :D

I am honored that you would pray for me, Katsu-san. Thank-you. It has been my privilege to be your friend. You are an extraordinary man. I also pray for your happiness and safety, and for your family. One of my great joys in life would be to travel to Japan and meet you some day. Thank-you for being my friend.

Thank YOU for being my friend and many supports for me. It is my honor to have such fine person. My hoping is some day I may see you and your family in person and helping you knowing and seeing many things in Japan.

Ise Jingu

G3jkatd.jpg

Before entering, wash hands here at this river side.

9aoiHbg.jpg

vYQcfDa.jpg

KWZuh3e.jpg

I01NxsK.jpg

Entering the Jingu.
Each time before we through this Torii gate, we take a bow. Again when you left.

SvuZRp6.jpg

8EqpcaX.jpg

At the front yard. Passes.

G9ETDu2.jpg

jufVXVo.jpg

5cwOytd.jpg

You can obtain amulet here. Shrine maiden inside.

CTzw0gx.jpg

Ise Jingu is the multiple complex of worship building.
It has been established about 2010 years ago.
To express the respect for the ancesteors spirits of emperors and maintain the skill of expart carpenters, each and every building has been disassembled and recbuilt in every 20 years from the first place. Disassembled parts are distributed to all the shrines in this country to reuse by them. The cost for the latest turn was 55 billion yen. The open space beside this building is for the next turn.

https://i.imgur.com/5PnXJsk.mp4

5PnXJsk.mp4

There are several building to worship. We visited all of them and made a wish for us and for all of my friends.

dKgX8Bn.jpg

This is the heart of Jingu.
Beyond this Torii gate, No photo shooting is allowed.

I made a wish for The Emperor.

X6fApVF.jpg

After a couple of hours, we've done and leaving Jingu.

b1sESHS.jpg

abLHS0S.jpg

WGYcgzr.jpg

This is the complex streets near by the Jingu. It is called Okage-Yokocho, which means 'Streets of Thanks to Jingu. A lot of benefit by Jingu. This was before noon of Monday but was very crowded. At the streets of old Edo era, we had a real amusement here.

Hs4L8ll.jpg

We started with some skewer steak of Matsuzaka beef and fresh brewed local beer.

f4uD6Ru.jpg

And then a few shots of Japanese sake at the stand bar.

Rw0Jsn8.jpg

And then, Abalone skewers steak and fresh oyster cutlet and fresh draft beer.

yjLwL3V.jpg

emSR0Vp.jpg

x8vPrKw.jpg

And... Freshly made cream puff and freshly ground coffee.

HuPhyTq.jpg

Seeing us enjoying on this streets, all the spirits of The Emperors might be pleased for sure.

Back to inn.

xYHgz1B.jpg

Oyww9nr.jpg

RQdkUtg.jpg

They had gained another few pounds today.

Thank you very much for looking.

Last edited:
What a wonderful culture! What wonderful pictures! That food looks amazing. Thank you for sharing my friend.
I have started introducing the idea of a trip to Japan to my wife. :angel We will see if it sprouts and bears fruit.

Oh yeah, that tree with the pinkish leaves is close to something I have painted on the wall of my fiances and I's room. It does look like a really awesome place to visit.
Now if you ever happen to come to Disney World here in Orlando Florida, surely let me know.

So beautiful! What an amazing culture to explore... such buildings and structures that existed more than 1,800 years before the birth of America! I could move to Japan tomorrow and be happy the rest of my life.

Comic Convention Tokyo 2017 (Vol.1)

Well, thank you very much for long waiting, ladies and gentlemen..(No ladies as usual?)

I am pleased to report my first visit of Tokyo Comic Convention 2017.!!

We-me and my beloved wife (MBW) and my daughter #1 Yuki, #2 Miki was on her duty- rode our Batmobile to get to the site in Tokyo bay area. Half an hour ride.
On 10:00 am, we moving in!

HIMGuNC.jpg

Yuki : Papa! cummon, hurry up.

2fzkIhZ.jpg

Me :  Ok, hold on.

Me : Ok, I think I'm gonna shoot this anyway.

8wfN0f4.jpg

Wow.....

2mgzNWl.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/L8A3VyO.mp4

PROPS

MBW : Oh I know this robot, Terminator! Di din din di din!
Me : Sure. I want you to call it Cyberdyne T-800.
MBW: A what?
Me : Stan Winston's master piece.
MBW: Who?
Me: Never mind.
7fgU8KK.jpg

2HvlQf9.jpg

MBW: I know this,too. Alien! Gheee.
Me: Ahh, Actually, it's a Predetalien.
MBW: Any difference?
Me: I thought you saw the AVP2 on DVD with me, right?
MBW: Maybe I slept.
Me: Ahh, it says this is the original and actual prop used in a movie.
MBW: Ah ha.

RxhpAjU.jpg

pAB14pW.jpg

Me : Woow, this is Alien mother.
MBW: It's huge!
Me : Sure. It was the movie Alien2. That was 1987. We saw that together in a theater in Tokyo.
MBW: 2 years before marriage. Are you sure?
Me : Su, sure thing! Don't you remember?
MBW: OK, who was the woman? That shorty?
Me : No, no, it was you!! I always love a tall woman.
MBW: Huum. It's OK.

6gqNtPo.jpg

MBW: Yeah, Batman! I love Michael Keaton!
Me : I think this is for Christian Bale.
MBW: Cool, I love that handsome guy, too.
Me : Yeah, he is good. I saw him in the airport when I'm working. it was 2005.
MBW: I think you'll fit with the costume of Joker. Right?
Me : Do I look like Heath Ledger?
MBW: Are you kidding? You are 60 now, Jack Nicholson of course.
Me : Sure..
Yuki : I'll make your costume for next year!

REVGt5w.jpg

MBW: Look, Knight Rider!! Kitt!
Me : Oh, I always love the Trans Am. If I could have this...
MBW: You had a '91 Camaro, that was a nice car.
Me : Sure it was. David Hasselhoff. Bay watch!! I saw him in the recent movie Piranha2. That was awful.
MBW: A lot of bikini girls. Both of them.
Yuki: What is this car. It is for new Netflix show?
Me. No,no, we loved this TV show. That was 1982.
Yuki: 1982! Automobile had been invented at that time? Cool.
MBW: Shut up.

W1WDw4A.jpg

YuLbnSA.jpg

je7wZGI.jpg

oFhe6br.jpg

ggvGAYL.jpg

6WVBSgF.jpg

Me : Wow, Millennium Falcon. Hot Toys. It's huge.
MBW: Huge, still looks like a piece of junk for me. Don't you want to build it from scratch?
Me : Number of guys in RPF making this kit at this moment.
MBW : I think you bought this kit before. Aren't you gonna build it?
Me : I can't build a kit model anymore. I am hardly follow the instruction.

gYoCzwS.jpg

qZhL3r1.jpg

qZhL3r1.jpg

am7ZORw.jpg

RwIxQbz.jpg

rFyszHC.jpg

Vol.1 end

To be contunued

Last edited:
Comic Convention Tokyo 2017 (Vol.2)

Me : Darling, I got see this 'Bandai' booth.
MBW: Go ahead. Is this LEGO or something?
Me : Naaa, it's the panels of The Death Star.
MBW: Hum. Do you really like these.
Me : I guess someone in RPF will be interested.
MBW: Oh, I see.

rAJiOOP.jpg

e0cc4h2.jpg

R3MORxy.jpg

oJ4AeaM.jpg

nuhJ6Ks.jpg

bbNH8lE.jpg

FMP0PGH.jpg

u0ukid0.jpg

1ZFTLHQ.jpg

jIKA8EV.jpg

Me : Those boys of nowadays are lucky. When I saw this movie, That was 1977 nothing like this thing on the retailers shelf. You never know that how much I wanted these things.
MBW : Do you want one of these?
Me : Ahhhh, no actually. But maybe one or two...
MBW: Oh, hey! check it out, they look charming. Common! Cool! I am beginning to love this place.
Me: O, oh, OK...

VSYOlvM.jpg

F44wexs.jpg

x1sEbNU.jpg

fvSIa5L.jpg

IVyGber.jpg

yWP8Z4e.jpg

ClR6EG1.jpg

RdIUyut.jpg

BOOTH BABY

MBW: What are you looking at?
Me : Oh, I just thought, I thought they might get cold.
MBW: None of your business, right?
Me: Of course. Would you mind if I take a quick picture with them?
MBW: You gotta go, you gotta go.

70IdOn8.jpg

DrFtIvE.jpg

UGEPUVR.jpg

9eTKK7k.jpg

NM96b3b.jpg

MBW : Hey, that's enough!
Me : That's it?
MBW : That's it! We go check those dalls?
Me: Dalls? We call it figures.
MBW : Excuse me?
Me : Yes, dalls.

Vol.2 end

To be continued.

Stop having so much fun and work on the model!!!.............haha

:lol You're right!

What a wonderful culture! What wonderful pictures! That food looks amazing. Thank you for sharing my friend.
I have started introducing the idea of a trip to Japan to my wife. :angel We will see if it sprouts and bears fruit.

Thank you very much!
You will be welcome anytime!!

Oh yeah, that tree with the pinkish leaves is close to something I have painted on the wall of my fiances and I's room. It does look like a really awesome place to visit.
Now if you ever happen to come to Disney World here in Orlando Florida, surely let me know.

Thanks for the offer!
Your paintings must be great! Send my best regards to your fiances!!

Excellent pictures. And I'm glad Your Beautiful Wife (YBW) got to attend as well. I hope she had a good time.

And I can totally understand your reluctance to buy model kits at this point. It would be like an artist using a paint-by-numbers kit. (Do they have those in Japan?)

As I'm sure you found out, it would be easy to spend any amount of money at conventions like that. Very dangerous places...

Next year you should all go in costume!

Love the photos, looks like everyone enjoyed themselves! Comic-con looks fun but also a bit overwhelming. Ise Jingu is amazing — that's more my speed, especially with all that food and drink!

Thanks for sharing those photos Katsu - san , the ones from Ise Jingu are Beautiful , and your 1st Comic Con ( interesting dialogue ) between your BW and yourself , very enlightening ! :thumbsup . How did you find the Comic Con experience , was it ‘ your cup of tea ‘ ? Didn’t see too many cosplayers around !? ;)

Excellent pictures. And I'm glad Your Beautiful Wife (YBW) got to attend as well. I hope she had a good time.

And I can totally understand your reluctance to buy model kits at this point. It would be like an artist using a paint-by-numbers kit. (Do they have those in Japan?)

As I'm sure you found out, it would be easy to spend any amount of money at conventions like that. Very dangerous places...

Next year you should all go in costume!

Thanks!
Honestly, there were a few things that I wanted to buy out there.
Next time I will bring some money to buy items. I may have to save for the day.:rolleyes

Love the photos, looks like everyone enjoyed themselves! Comic-con looks fun but also a bit overwhelming. Ise Jingu is amazing — that's more my speed, especially with all that food and drink!

Thanks! Ise-Jingu and Comic-con were quite experiences. I have it both in a week.
Frankly, I guess the Comi-con Japan might be a smaller version to compare with yours.
Yours must be a vast scale. In fact, I could see the site all over in 3 or 4 hours.
Yours must be a big one. I'm not surprised if I find a Batmobile or a Bike speeder out side at the parking lot.

Thanks for sharing those photos Katsu - san , the ones from Ise Jingu are Beautiful , and your 1st Comic Con ( interesting dialogue ) between your BW and yourself , very enlightening ! :thumbsup . How did you find the Comic Con experience , was it ‘ your cup of tea ‘ ? Didn’t see too many cosplayers around !? ;)

Ha ha, thanks!
I guess you might think that the conversation between me and MBW is something I made up, no, most of them were for real.:D:facepalm

Figures and people in costume.

zmbuL6H.jpg

BLscPwq.jpg

SCdZggo.jpg

HJ8ix35.jpg

hgem30q.jpg

wG7X0FX.jpg

sIsuHUD.jpg

Wow, Japanese mother of Captain America.

V9mIg8d.jpg

nYelEm3.jpg

azoZpuL.jpg

ZPj4OsW.jpg

RZBvkzL.jpg

veyDkiA.jpg

XZ3iFiL.jpg

ZNNsM1o.jpg

Oh, I wanted to buy one. $230... no way.

iIBusI7.jpg

s47XTSv.jpg

bPfEoFl.jpg

Cpt. Malcom-Mal

AwwaHjx.jpg

And this....

My wife and my daughter are the big fun of him. 'Castle'
They said they:facepalm:lol never gonna take a shower today!

QOgteyf.jpg

That's it. Thanks for looking!!

katsu

That’s your daughter Yuki right ? Almost didn’t recognise her ( no glasses LOL ! ) with picture of Capt ‘n Mal , your BW ( looks pretty happy too ! ) , and your good self of course !

What were the items that interested you - for next year ? ;)

:cheersGed

Last edited:
Yes, the U.S. Comic-con seems to be enormous and a serious strain on the wallet, as SmilingOtter mentioned. I get a little claustrophobic in large crowds so I could never attend but it's fun to see other people's recollections of these events.

Your daughter looks like she had no intention of letting Castle go! Has she seen the show Firefly? She would probably love it.

That photo of your wife with Leatherface really made me laugh. She seems to be thinking, "please don't let this guy follow us around for the rest of the day!"

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back