Graflex grips fitting?

That Graflex looks mighty good over there, Danny!

shes a fake, i bought it awhile back in the junkyard. the box had "LK" on it, actually last week ebay had the exact same replica. it had the extra red button and glass eye. the red buttons have crumbled up paper in them to act like a button and the ebay auction said the same. the end of flash with the stamping in it also has 2 holes drilled in it (ebay auction had the same) so i am limited to where i can mount the kobold. though it lines up with the clamp on the flash the right way i dont know if the kobold is covering the right words on the end.... cant really make out whats its cover in the wampa scene

graflex6.jpg
graflex4.jpg

@ halliwax Just align the Kobold clip correctly with the clamp ... disregard the position of the 3 cell bottom txt or words, which is unique on any vintage or even fake G R A F L E X ... so don't even bother to check any saber reference pics of Luke's ESB :wacko

Chaim

Has anyone tried a silicone adhesive like this?
Hard to tell because the manufacturers don't tell what kind of compound it is, not even on their own web site.

Adiseal reminds me of another adhesive that I have used. It was based on SMP, which .
I used it to glue a D-ring bracket to a lightsaber: both made of aluminium. The lightsaber hangs from the belt hook with only the adhesive.

Keith, you could wrap a paper all the way around the tube.
Make a line/mark where the paper first overlaps itself.
Next, measure the length from the end of the paper to the line/mark.
Then, for an ESB, divide that length by six. For an ANH, divide that length by seven.
Take that number and measure it across the length at the top edge of the paper and make a mark.
Continue measuring that divided length and make a mark each time.
Do this across the bottom edge of the paper as well.
Then connect the corresponding marks from the top edge of the paper to the marks at the bottom edge of the paper.

The template may not end up looking as pretty as the printed one, but unless your measuring, marking, or simple math skills have messed up somewhere along the way, it should work.

Andy I did this last night, I'm super ticked though because the expoy I bought was hard in one tube!!! so I couldn't attach one...

thanks for the advice
Sym-Cha thanks for that advice there was only that one picture in the wanna cave, PLUS I was limited to the angle because of the pervious 2 holes. I was lucky though for it to work out in my favor. I'll update my thread tomorrow morning rather then Isis this thread anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Keith, you could wrap a paper all the way around the tube.
Make a line/mark where the paper first overlaps itself.
Next, measure the length from the end of the paper to the line/mark.
Then, for an ESB, divide that length by six. For an ANH, divide that length by seven.
Take that number and measure it across the length at the top edge of the paper and make a mark.
Continue measuring that divided length and make a mark each time.
Do this across the bottom edge of the paper as well.
Then connect the corresponding marks from the top edge of the paper to the marks at the bottom edge of the paper.

The template may not end up looking as pretty as the printed one, but unless your measuring, marking, or simple math skills have messed up somewhere along the way, it should work.

Thanks for that, I will give it a try.

Keith.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back