Celebration Europe 2, 26.-28. July (2013), Essen-Germany - Who is going?

And on saterday 'Eigelstein' is part of the official Pub-route through town for everyone ... after the show ... the more the merrier, yes? Now if only I could get my hands on an RPF shirt ...

-Chaim

Hi guys. I'm here at the messe essen, having arrived in Germany from the U.S. Sunday.

I didn't know about this thread, but chaim just pointed me to it.

I'm here because me and my business partner Ben Stevens produce the autograph program for the celebrations (though we didn't for CE).

It's HOT, about 33-34c today. It has just rained this evening so it's much cooler, but will still be over 30 the rest of the week I'm told.

The halls had *some* air conditioning on today, and I expect they will make it cooler for the show. Most of the show gets set up tomorrow, as all of the freight clears customs then, or is pending the international customs clearing then the eu clearing of shipments.

As usual I'll be in the autograph hall behind the cashiers and very busy, but if anybody can stop by I'd love to meet you.

I'll be there with the Galactic Knights. Driving across from the UK on Thursday by Euro-tunnel. Going to be a loooooooong drive :p

Looking forward to see you guys ... take a deep breath when going through the tunnel ... chewing of bubble gum is to be advised as well against popping ears ... I know ... I went by eurostar-train back in 2007 to CE.

-Chaim

I am not sure if I can make it to the pub on Friday, but I´ll definitely be wearing an RPF shirt all three days and stay in Essen on saturday for a beer or two! Philip, Chaim, Simon and the rest, hope to meet you guys!
Michael

I am new to RPF, but I will be there on Staurday!!

You guys will recognize me with my company:
img_5715.jpg

;)

Hope to see you all!

Wolff

RPF shirt... check!

When will you guys enter CE2? Right from the start at 10, or do you think it's better to come past 11-12 to avoid to be queued?
Unfortunatly summer holidays already begun so there will be thousands of kiddies with their parents right from the start i assume!

I will attend right from the start
There will be queues at any time so I don't care. ;)

Don't know if I will wear my RPF shirt during the day... It is black and relatively warm. But I sport it for the bar :)

BTW: I just talked to the clerk at my hotel and he recommends PLAN B instead of Eigelstein ... Seems like they prepared something for us fans ;) both are just 100m apart from each other, so we can switch locations if wanted :)

Markus

Today´s line-up of people Markus and I met were

Ligonap
R2Dan
MohMoh
Trap Joe
Rocko

Markus is still in Essen, while I went home to take care of my little one, so I am sure that today´s list is not completely accurate anymore.

I add

Lonepigeon
Sym-Cha
Rebelscum
rocko
Boba die wix

...so far, hoping to see more after the ROTJ screening ;)

Markus

Did not find anybody with a RPF shirt at Eigelstein or at Plan B after ROTJ, but I was too tired anyway.
I spotted one guy with an old RPF shirt at the con, but I was standing in line and he was too far away.
I'll be wearing a "Bad Droid" T-shirt tomorrow. I'm sorry I have lost my name tag...

BTW. Tomorrow will be the big day for costumes. The 501st will have their group photo taken as will a few garrisons and the costuming contest is on.

I spotted one guy with an old RPF shirt at the con, but I was standing in line and he was too far away.

A not too tall, stout guy with longer hair? That would´ve been me :p
Tomorrow I´ll be wearing the newer, black and blue RPF shirt, as will Markus. If the weather makes it necessary I´ll change into another star wars shirt, either "jedi academy" or the classic ILM workshop x-wing shirt.

Have been to Eigelstein but didn't see anyone with a RPF shirt either. Will wear it today again :)

Markus

Hi, planning to check it out tomorrow. A 3 hour drive and I only want to get my vintage poster signed by Hamill and fisher.
Anybody here can tell me if the qeues were very long and if the actors are friendly?

Really have not decided to go or not.

Greetings from the netherlands,

BasD

Hi, planning to check it out tomorrow. A 3 hour drive and I only want to get my vintage poster signed by Hamill and fisher.
Anybody here can tell me if the qeues were very long and if the actors are friendly?

Really have not decided to go or not.

Greetings from the netherlands,

BasD

Hi BasD,

Since we're running the autograph program.....

The longest wait for each was 45 minutes today, but you can even catch it with less time, it just depends on the timing. I think middle of the day might be best.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back