Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Pre-release)

Its probably highly likely.
I'd expect the Han Solo movie to be shifted back until Xmas 2018, not only because of the production reshoot being so far behind the original schedule, but also because of the relatively poor summer performance of many blockbuster films this year.
Given that its the story that seems to be the main problem I'm guessing that the start of the shoot may be pushed back into the spring 2018 then a release for Xmas 2019 makes sense.

Didn't realize that was a rule-- but I wholeheartedly love that it exists and shall not break it again.

I'm a fan. I liked it.

PROVEN FALSE!

I get what you're saying though, but honestly, the small percentage of TFA haters seem to also coincidentally be PT and/or EU lovers... which tells me all I need to know. :)
I'm a fan of TFA, but I liked two thirds of the prequels a lot better. I doubt I'm the only one. Also was a big fan of old canon, at least up until NJO. What does that tell you?

It wasn't meant to be insulting. If people like the PT and EU they have every right in the worlds to enjoy it even if it makes no sense to me.

In my experience, people my age who grew up on the OT tend to dislike the PT. People who like the PT seem to be made up of people that were kids when the PT came out, or are just big enough fans that they love all things Star Wars. And as I said, people who dislike TFA seem to be very much into the PT and/or EU-- but by no means as any of this 100% or mutually exclusive.

Well, this is news - I enjoyed TFA, but I thought JJ made pretty clear that it was an exhausting shoot and he had no intention of doing an extended shoot outside the U.S. again.

So I guess Jack Thorne - who was just brought in to help write Ep. IX about 6 weeks ago - is also out. Sounds like they are starting almost completely fresh.

M

He wrote Argo, which won an Academy Award for best adapted screenplay.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yes, I know and I love that movie, but he hasn't done anything on that level since, so I'll remain hopefully optimistic, I guess.

Yes, I know and I love that movie, but he hasn't done anything on that level since, so I'll remain hopefully optimistic, I guess.

And, just to play devil's advocate - John Logan wrote Gladiator. He then went on to write Star Trek: Nemesis. Writing one Oscar-nominated film doesn't mean any of your other scripts won't be sub-par.

Still, I enjoyed TFA, so am okay with the directorial choice. Would have preferred that JJ team up with Kasdan again to write, however.

M

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back