Hasbro Marvel Legends Star-Lord Mask and Mjolnir

I have a slightly below average sized head and this helmet fits just barely. Can't imagine others with bigger heads wearing this comfortably, or eve at all
Regardless, this helmet looks amazing!
0f5e3527ec28bb3837c871f5d0d8b834.jpg
c9104c6de0edb80201693effa77fa502.jpg
332c77681e09c3a625202d97f4deea90.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I got my helmet. I have foggy lenses So will clean them later. Most importantly it actually fits. For $99 from Amazon I'm very happy with it. Perfect cosplay piece.

I think the Marvel Starlord helmet is relatively in scale with someone that wears a hat brim size 23-25. I wear a 24 inch Indy fedora and the helmet fits me just fine compared to pics of Chris Pratt and the hero version. They look relatively close in size. I'm 5'11" so for me the scale is perfect. It is also about the same size when I put it next to my resin cast version. Now if you put it on someone with a hat size of 21-inch that is 5'4" you will definitely have a scale difference. That is why it is difficult to mass produce a one size fits all bucket.

Just might bet a Starlord bucket considering I paid for a cast version $400 about four years ago. $100 is nothing. Repaint and be good!!!

Apart from the little side things not being silver, what else is wrong with it to need a repaint? It seems like everyone wants to give it a total overhaul.

I got my helmet. I have foggy lenses So will clean them later.

Any idea what you'll use to clean the lenses? After reading that some dye has come off for those using rubbing alcohol, I'd be worried about going this route myself. Has anyone tried Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish? I know many people have used it to get the grips on the Tomenosuke Blade Runner blasters nice and clear, and I was wondering if it might work in this instance as well.

Any idea what you'll use to clean the lenses? After reading that some dye has come off for those using rubbing alcohol, I'd be worried about going this route myself. Has anyone tried Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish? I know many people have used it to get the grips on the Tomenosuke Blade Runner blasters nice and clear, and I was wondering if it might work in this instance as well.

I was going to try alcohol or defogger. I'm not really worried with any red coming off. I got mine solely for cosplaying and visibility Is my only concern.

I hate wearing masks/helmets for halloween so I'll just be holding it. It's not a big deal on the size since it's a prop

I have a Star-Lord Helmet with the foggy lenses like everyone else. I tried all the normal things everyone else tried to no avail. Then I went through my Stormtrooper kit and pulled out the NOVUS #2 fine scratch remover.
IMG_1941.JPG
I tried it on one of the lenses and there was a huge improvement with just a little bit used. I might try a few more rounds, but for now I call that a success!

Before...IMG_1939.JPG After...IMG_1940.JPG

I have a Star-Lord Helmet with the foggy lenses like everyone else. I tried all the normal things everyone else tried to no avail. Then I went through my Stormtrooper kit and pulled out the NOVUS #2 fine scratch remover.
View attachment 752620
I tried it on one of the lenses and there was a huge improvement with just a little bit used. I might try a few more rounds, but for now I call that a success!

Before...View attachment 752618 After...View attachment 752619

Thanks for the tip!

signal-2017-08-18-000238.jpeg

I have been working on my helmet between some projects. I had ordered Risu lens for another mask I was working on but couldn't help myself from adding these. I also ran magnets along the side pieces cause i didn't like the hinge.

View attachment 752620

Before...View attachment 752618 After...View attachment 752619

I turn my head to the left to see my new helmet with fogged lenses. I turn my head right and see that exact bottle of fine scratch remover sitting on my desk. They are 3 feet apart... This is a good day.

Update on my return to Hasbro.com, total waste of time. They started by telling me the helmet is no longer in stock and that a replacement will be sent as soon as the backorders are filled. Wha? No mention of backorders when I brought the issue to their attention, but apparently now there is. I then asked what sort of time frame are we looking at; a week, month, etc., unknown but they'll send one IF they come back in stock. So I take a look at good 'ole eBay and guess what? Hasbro.com is selling them as in stock items for $99.99... Needless to say a new one is ordered and Hasbro is asked for a refund, which apparently takes 2-3 weeks to process a check.
Anyone considering a return, I would advise against it; keep what you have and try and fix the lenses or if you're buying, open the box before you get to the checkout.

Update on my return to Hasbro.com, total waste of time. They started by telling me the helmet is no longer in stock and that a replacement will be sent as soon as the backorders are filled. Wha? No mention of backorders when I brought the issue to their attention, but apparently now there is. I then asked what sort of time frame are we looking at; a week, month, etc., unknown but they'll send one IF they come back in stock. So I take a look at good 'ole eBay and guess what? Hasbro.com is selling them as in stock items for $99.99... Needless to say a new one is ordered and Hasbro is asked for a refund, which apparently takes 2-3 weeks to process a check.
Anyone considering a return, I would advise against it; keep what you have and try and fix the lenses or if you're buying, open the box before you get to the checkout.

Greeeeeeeat. I just sent mine to Hasbro on Friday. Haven't heard anything yet, though. How long did it take for them to get back to you after you sent it in? I guess I should just order a new one, too.

Literally the same email notifying me they received it, in the next sentence they told me they were out of stock and back-ordered.

If it is an off-gassing issue, say from super glue. I'm pretty sure goof off or one of those cirtus type products, normally used to remove sticker residue and such gets rid of that fog effect. might want to try that if alcohol isn't doing anything.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back