The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Anyone have one of these from cosplayshow on ebay? Thoughts? Seems pretty darn good for $80.

Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 2.06.47 PM.png

Got a reply from hleather today, and it was the same person was from usaleather. I asked them to send a pic of how the pu leather jacket looks like and it was the version 1 that was on usaleather. It's not on there anymore and I don't know how to add the photo on here. So it seems that usaleather, black leather and hleather are all the same company.

Last edited:
Everyone is going on and on about the Marvel Legends helmets, but has anyone mentioned the quality of the Chinese versions surfacing on Ebay now too?

While they're nowhere near as detailed as the official Hasbro one, they are still a pretty good mold with light up eyes for an unbelievable price of 35-40. They did get the coloring wrong on the back, but then again, the Legends one got the coloring on the side pieces wrong too.

Anyone bought them? You can't find any other thing on Ebay BUT them.
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600222.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Wow that actually looks pretty good! Has anyone bought this one??

Really? I think that one is pretty mediocre overall. I'm not really a fan of the vol 2 jacket, but I know I've seen better ones.

Everyone is going on and on about the Marvel Legends helmets, but has anyone mentioned the quality of the Chinese versions surfacing on Ebay now too?

While they're nowhere near as detailed as the official Hasbro one, they are still a pretty good mold with light up eyes for an unbelievable price of 35-40. They did get the coloring wrong on the back, but then again, the Legends one got the coloring on the side pieces wrong too.

Anyone bought them? You can't find any other thing on Ebay BUT them.
View attachment 751290
View attachment 751291

- - - Updated - - -

Really? I think that one is pretty mediocre overall. I'm not really a fan of the vol 2 jacket, but I know I've seen better ones.

I'm betting that it is super thin and will probably arrive warped.

I'm betting that it is super thin and will probably arrive warped.

Well yeah. Never said I was going to buy it, but I do think it should be brought up for others who might be thinking of it. For that price, if you just need something for a quick costume, rather than a collector's piece, I still don't think that's a bad deal, personally.

Well yeah. Never said I was going to buy it, but I do think it should be brought up for others who might be thinking of it. For that price, if you just need something for a quick costume, rather than a collector's piece, I still don't think that's a bad deal, personally.
I ordered this and posted pictures of it like 2 months ago on here. Eyes DO NOT light up (idk about anyone elses) and it did arrive warped, thin and had a tiny crack in it. I used a heat gun and fixed the warping, glued the crack, and added correct light up lenses with padding inside. In process of painting right now

Yes the china mask are made of latex. When I started this cosplay I was going to try to go as cheap as possible but even that mask was too cheap. I cut out the eyes and gave it to my kids to play with around the house.

I ordered this and posted pictures of it like 2 months ago on here. Eyes DO NOT light up (idk about anyone elses) and it did arrive warped, thin and had a tiny crack in it. I used a heat gun and fixed the warping, glued the crack, and added correct light up lenses with padding inside. In process of painting right now

Bingo. Looks can be deceiving.

This is very concerning, but I'm glad you posted your review to help anyone who might be thinking of it.

But I am pretty sure they offer both a light up and non light version, are you sure you didn't buy the latter? I messaged a guy asking if they light up and he even sent me another picture of them on his eyes with lights. If they still don't after advertising, you should definitely report them to Ebay for a refund, and the listing in general.

There is just no point to buying anything but the Hasbro now. No matter what you spend, you could have just saved a bit more and gotten the Hasbro.

From experience with a similar model, I can tell you that mask will be skin tight, hot, and uncomfortable. The Hasbro is far more pleasant to wear.

@danceswithkevin
I actually kind of like that, except that extra wide panel in front and the shoulder patches are too small. But I don't think I would pay $129 for fabric and what still looks like fake leather panels.

Anyone else get a look at this?
https://www.azcostume.com/marvel-co...en-make-up-costume-xmas-birthday-gift-unisex/

Peter-Quill-costume024__70664.1501470008.jpg
Fix the dimensional problems, get the price down sub-$100, and it might be a good budget option.

Last edited:
This is very concerning, but I'm glad you posted your review to help anyone who might be thinking of it.

But I am pretty sure they offer both a light up and non light version, are you sure you didn't buy the latter? I messaged a guy asking if they light up and he even sent me another picture of them on his eyes with lights. If they still don't after advertising, you should definitely report them to Ebay for a refund, and the listing in general.
the even sketchier thing is after i got it (a month late) they said they "accidentally refunded my money" and wanted me to pay again. I got no refund and I reported them to ebay right away. Yes I am sure I bought the light up one, it said LED light up mask, and the picture showed it too.

the even sketchier thing is after i got it (a month late) they said they "accidentally refunded my money" and wanted me to pay again. I got no refund and I reported them to ebay right away. Yes I am sure I bought the light up one, it said LED light up mask, and the picture showed it too.

Good thing you bought on Ebay, rather than some sketchy Asian site. Just report them with as much proof as possible. You'll get refunded (and probably get to keep the stupid thing too). Ebay is pretty reliable. Thanks for the warning. I had no idea it was that sketchy.

You should name drop the seller right here, though. Just in case someone is okay with the cheaper model, to not buy it from them. That kind of behavior goes beyond product quality; that's a textbook scammer.

Last edited:
On another note, do you think they changed the zippers from the first film on the jacket for reasons other than those of story? IE, that they were quite troublesome to use, despite looking cool?

In the first film, I recall every zipper being that weird gold variant, and now they look like standard YKK zippers of Earth. If it is for a story reason, I can't begin to fathom it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back