Obi ANH Sabers: What do you have?

Tan Djarka

Sr Member
Over the years we've seen two (soon to be three) companies issue licensed versions, a few from cottage industry vendors, a multitude of parts runs, and even a select few constructed with genuine parts. It seems like just about everyone who wants one must have, or at least had, one by now. My question is: What do you have?

I don't think we need to flood the thread with pics, as a description would probably suffice. Overall, I think it'd be interesting to find out exactly what's out there.

A heavily modified Parks with a Custom Saber Shop Graflex clamp and Blast Tech bubble strip.....

Obi.jpg

Regards

MARK

I have the worst Obi Saber ever made....Icons! I know I know, I am lplanning on weathering it.

I've got 2. A chronicles version made with all original parts, and a Tunisia version made with a Russ emitter and Serafino Booster, the rest of the parts are original.

Dan

I've got a Russrep w/ original clamp and bubble strip... Chronicles version w/ media blasted emitter... waiting on Russ's hand wheel and it will be complete...

Here is mine its a Parks MKIII, slightly weathered with Blastech bubble strip,and Master Replica soundboard (vader). Im looking for a decent pair of transistors to put on OH and a thread is useless without pics come on pics everybody i'd like to see.
DSC02758.jpg

I have the worst Obi Saber ever made....Icons!
At least yours is not loose parts in a box, like mine...

It was a complete saber from the start, but I have upgraded parts so that I now have something that does not even fit together completely even for display.
I guess that I could have a few parts custom-altered, but I never got around to. I have also been using the excuse that I'm waiting for parts to come available, but I also have a too short attention span not to jump to doing other projects instead.

The parts I keep are:
* Russrep steel emitter
* Heavily altered Parks' steel grenade
* Roman's clamp, without the "GRAFLEX" text.
* Rebelscum bubbles
* Real transistors with modified ob1kenny aluminum washers.
* Serafino steel "gear". I have the impression that Russrep's run was identical to Serafino's.
* Roman's older type of chromed pommel

But on the other hand... looking at the thing is not the hobby. I also have:
* Real grenade base plug
* A couple of quartz crystals
* A couple of Luxeon LEDs
* Various TI calculator parts. Exactra and others
* A few unfinished tiny sculpts that I intend to cast
* and lots of various tiny tiny greeblies that I have collected
.. to put on the inside, but parts on the inside is still not an excuse for not having anything to put on display

Last edited:
I have two Russrep Sabers one in Ali and one in Steel, one original clamp, one replica and real exactra bubbles and some transistors. I am looking for some more accurate transistors and waiting on two of Russ' handwheels....

Here are two Obi-Wan ANH of mine. I'm not certain who made them ... perhaps you guys here can tell me. One day I hope to own a real-parts screen accurate Obi-Wan ANH in the meantime I'm enjoying these very much!

My first ANH lightsaber :

Obi-Wan01.jpg~original

My second ANH lightsaber :

Obi-Wan02.jpg~original

-Chaim

Last edited:
I guess since I started this I should show my hand, as it were. I had an all hardware version that I gave away, am nearing completion of one featuring a machined pommel and emitter by Hez and hardware for everything in between, and have started rebuilding a formerly stripped down hardware version buillt around a resin grenade. Maybe someday I'll get an all metal version, but I seriously doubt it.

I have two Russrep Sabers one in Ali and one in Steel, one original clamp, one replica and real exactra bubbles and some transistors. I am looking for some more accurate transistors and waiting on two of Russ' handwheels....

How about ... these transistors :

Transistors01.jpg~original

:lol

-Chaim

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back