Aoshima '87 Robocop gun info?

Blade Walker

Jr Member
Ive been trying to find some info on the 87 Aoshima robocop gun and I was surprised I couldnt find much at all about it on the net.
No reviews, or pics from a collection, nothing!

Anyone who has owned one, your opinions would be very interesting to hear. I was wondering how it compares to the KSC airsoft gun or even the NECA prop as far as acuracy and quality. Is the Aoshima not worth hunting down?

Any help is much appreciated!

A Google search turned up a few old eBay listings. It appears to be a spring powered airsoft gun. Looks like it sells for around $110. I have and have had several KSC Auto 9's and I have to say the Aoshima looks much cheaper. First off is the magazine, it's not full size. It's shaped like a thin banana which is indicative of a cheap springer. It also appears to be molded in right and left side halfs with only a moveable slide to cock the pistol.
If your looking for a cheap Auto 9 this would probably fill the bill. If your wanting a high quality airsoft Auto 9 I would definately go after the KSC version. As far as the NECA, I can't comment on it has I have never seen one in perswon. However for a solid resin prop, that does nothing, the prices seem kinda high.

A Google search turned up a few old eBay listings. It appears to be a spring powered airsoft gun. Looks like it sells for around $110. I have and have had several KSC Auto 9's and I have to say the Aoshima looks much cheaper. First off is the magazine, it's not full size. It's shaped like a thin banana which is indicative of a cheap springer. It also appears to be molded in right and left side halfs with only a moveable slide to cock the pistol.
If your looking for a cheap Auto 9 this would probably fill the bill. If your wanting a high quality airsoft Auto 9 I would definately go after the KSC version. As far as the NECA, I can't comment on it has I have never seen one in perswon. However for a solid resin prop, that does nothing, the prices seem kinda high.

Cool, thanks for the info! Seems like the Aoshima doesnt have much going for it compared to the KSC so thats the one I'll go for.

Is there anything specific I should know about choosing a KSC? Have they done many versions with noticeable differences between them in build or quality?
Thanks in advance.

There have been a few different versions of the Auto 9 by KSC. These are of course based off the KSC M93r I and II. The first release Auto 9 was called just that, the Auto 9. It featured full and semi auto fire modes. That gun eneded production and was replaced with the Auto 9C in the early 2000's. The original Auto 9C featured semi, full auto, and added the 3 round burst feature. That gun then also went out of production. Last year KSC brought back the Auto 9C but it lacked the 3 round burst feature of the original Auto 9C. The box for both C versions are the same, blue and white. If you want the burst feature in an Auto 9, and who doesn't, grab the original release Auto 9C or the newest version and add the burst kit yourself. Most online airsoft stores should carry the burst kit for about $10-15. They do tend to sell out quick though. If you see one, grab it.

Now you do have a few other options for an Auto 9 (if money is no object). In the first movie they used a real steel Beretta M93r machine pistol. However due to legal and import issues for the second and third movies they used an MGC PFC Auto 9. A PFC (Plug Fire Cartridge) was basically a glorified cap gun. It used a multi piece brass cartridge that a special cap was placed into. This allowed the gun to fire with a bit of smoke, flash, and eject the cartridge just like a real gun. PFC guns were all the rage until airsoft took over the replica gun market in Japan. These replicas, and they made many many different PFC guns, command ridiculous collector premiums. I had quiet a few myself in the late 80's early 90's but sold them all.

There is also the Maruzen Auto 9. This is an airsoft gun as well but does not have any blowback action like the KSC. It has a fixed slide. But it is full size and may be cheaper, if you can find one.

Here are a few videos I grabbed for you.

KSC Auto 9c airsoft- newest version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EHGpUMyaQQ

Original KSC Auto 9c with burst feature
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jLeO52dw0o

Maruzen Auto 9 airsoft.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD2jn21r3QQ

MGC PFC Auto 9
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l79-2bxeGRw

There have been a few different versions of the Auto 9 by KSC. These are of course based off the KSC M93r I and II. The first release Auto 9 was called just that, the Auto 9. It featured full and semi auto fire modes. That gun eneded production and was replaced with the Auto 9C in the early 2000's. The original Auto 9C featured semi, full auto, and added the 3 round burst feature. That gun then also went out of production. Last year KSC brought back the Auto 9C but it lacked the 3 round burst feature of the original Auto 9C. The box for both C versions are the same, blue and white. If you want the burst feature in an Auto 9, and who doesn't, grab the original release Auto 9C or the newest version and add the burst kit yourself. Most online airsoft stores should carry the burst kit for about $10-15. They do tend to sell out quick though. If you see one, grab it.

Now you do have a few other options for an Auto 9 (if money is no object). In the first movie they used a real steel Beretta M93r machine pistol. However due to legal and import issues for the second and third movies they used an MGC PFC Auto 9. A PFC (Plug Fire Cartridge) was basically a glorified cap gun. It used a multi piece brass cartridge that a special cap was placed into. This allowed the gun to fire with a bit of smoke, flash, and eject the cartridge just like a real gun. PFC guns were all the rage until airsoft took over the replica gun market in Japan. These replicas, and they made many many different PFC guns, command ridiculous collector premiums. I had quiet a few myself in the late 80's early 90's but sold them all.

There is also the Maruzen Auto 9. This is an airsoft gun as well but does not have any blowback action like the KSC. It has a fixed slide. But it is full size and may be cheaper, if you can find one.

Here are a few videos I grabbed for you.

KSC Auto 9c airsoft- newest version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EHGpUMyaQQ

Original KSC Auto 9c with burst feature
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jLeO52dw0o

Maruzen Auto 9 airsoft.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD2jn21r3QQ

MGC PFC Auto 9
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l79-2bxeGRw

Very cool! Thanks for all the helpful info and videos. Hope you dont mind if i throw a few more Q's at you.
The new KSC auto 9 in the blue and white box that Ive seen in stock at a few sites is around 180 -200 plus shipping. Is that a fair price or is that overly high due to demand?

Is this gun hard to find these days and should I grab one if I can or do they pop up on ebay and online gun stores fairly often and I dont need to worry that much?

I found this page with a Maruzen for sale but it says coming soon and in stock at the same time. Do you know if this is already out? I blew most of my cash on a Tomenosuke blaster kit so its price is appealing even though its missing the blowback feature.
http://www.tokyohobby.net/maruzen-m93r-fs-auto-9-renewal-model.html

The new KSC Auto 9c in the blue and white box does sell for around $200. They sell out fast and restocks tend to take quite a while, if at all. In the airsoft world, just like resin model kits, if you see it and have the cash don't wait. It may be gone tomorrow!

As far as the Maruzen I saw that too. I have no info on a new version coming out.

The new KSC Auto 9c in the blue and white box does sell for around $200. They sell out fast and restocks tend to take quite a while, if at all. In the airsoft world, just like resin model kits, if you see it and have the cash don't wait. It may be gone tomorrow!

As far as the Maruzen I saw that too. I have no info on a new version coming out.

You're right that is the collectors motto, "Buy now or cry later" :lol

So with that in mind I just ordered one from MoaiHobby.com to save on headache later, but I didnt see anything on the site about the burst kit you mentioned. Would you happen to have a link to one so I can know what to look for?
Thanks!

UNCompany has it in stock, $15. I've ordered from them many, many times.

https://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=37753

$188 for the Auto 9c is a great price.

Other than the burst kit, the only thing I did to mine was add some weight to the front. The front extension is hollow plastic and fairly lightweight. I used lead fishing weights and clear silicone to fill up the front of the extension. The gun feels more balanced now. I'll some pictures when I get out of work for you.

Last edited:
UNCompany has it in stock, $15. I've ordered from them many, many times.

https://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=37753

$188 for the Auto 9c is a great price.

Other than the burst kit, the only thing I did to mine was add some weight to the front. The front extension is hollow plastic and fairly lightweight. I used lead fishing weights and clear silicone to fill up the front of the extension. The gun feels more balanced now. I'll some pictures when I get out of work for you.

Thanks for the link!
I just noticed something though, the kit says "3 round burst parts" but the one I bought already has the 3 round burst option. Does that mean I dont need the kit after all or am I missing something?

Heres a link to the one I bought:
http://www.moaihobby.com/shop/index.php/ksc-m93r-auto-9-c-robocop-gbb-pistol-black.html

If you read the description carefully it says it features-
"Gas Injected Pistol with Semi / Full Automatic Shooting Mode"
and
"Shooting Mode-Semi/Fully Auto"

The three round burst is only mentioned in the article talking about the movie itself.
"The Auto 9 is a highly advanced select-fire machine pistol with a 38-round magazine. It is holstered in a concealed alcove in RoboCop's thigh, together with at least one reload magazine in storage. The most commonly utilized fire setting is in a three-round burst mode; however, RoboCop has been seen firing a single round in multiple instances. "

Last edited by a moderator:
The big question is why the re-released this gun based on an old gas system (the M93R I & II). KSC has the newer, more powerful and more efficient System 7 gas system in their newer M93r that came out a few years ago. It would have been nice if they adapted the Auto 9 bits to fit the new M93r (which comes with 3 rnd. burst). Sadly, the Auto 9 parts do not fit the newer M93r. I have one and they do NOT fit. :(

If you read the description carefully it says it features-
"Gas Injected Pistol with Semi / Full Automatic Shooting Mode"
and
"Shooting Mode-Semi/Fully Auto"

The three round burst is only mentioned in the article talking about the movie itself.
"The Auto 9 is a highly advanced select-fire machine pistol with a 38-round magazine. It is holstered in a concealed alcove in RoboCop's thigh, together with at least one reload magazine in storage. The most commonly utilized fire setting is in a three-round burst mode; however, RoboCop has been seen firing a single round in multiple instances. "
Ah, I see, thats darn sneaky of them!

Last edited by a moderator:
The big question is why the re-released this gun based on an old gas system (the M93R I & II). KSC has the newer, more powerful and more efficient System 7 gas system in their newer M93r that came out a few years ago. It would have been nice if they adapted the Auto 9 bits to fit the new M93r (which comes with 3 rnd. burst). Sadly, the Auto 9 parts do not fit the newer M93r. I have one and they do NOT fit. :(

Yeah that does seem like a dumb thing to do. They drop the 3 round burst and no system 7. Why make a car but take out the engine and have it only able to be drawn by horses?

I just got a KSC Auto9C in yesterday. I'm looking to take the orange paint off the tip of the plastic barrel. I would rather not paint it black and I am concerned about damaging the finish with cleaners. Anyone have any advice on what to use? Also couldn't figure out a way to remove that end of the barrel. Tracking on how to disassemble the main parts of the gun, and the end of the barrel does rotate, anyone able to take it out without damaging anything?? Thanks.

Just use a pair of pliers. Be gentle, but you can get it off. Its just super glued on. The barrel tip it's glued to screws into the long compensator.

Just reread your post, it's painted orange? Can you post a picture?

Attachments

• 0723171519.jpg
    0723171519.jpg
    514.8 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
To remove the extended compensator, remove magazine and lock the slide back. Just in front of the trigger guard is a push pin. Push it out and remove. The compensator will now slide off.

Hello guys, just wanted to share without creat a new thread.

I was looking for an accurate Robocop Auto-9 for a while as i'm a huge fan of the movie. The KSC is preatty hard to find but my local retailer managed to grab a few Auto-9 C Heavy Weight version.
It's not the "weird" cap Model Gun ( that seems to provide as much sparks and noise as a vulgar firecracker toy gun and is a mess to load the cartidges) but still the GBB version in Heavy Weight finish.
It's about 150 grams heavier than the standard version and more surprising 250 grams more than the Cap version.

It's delivered in a nice, deep and elegant brown box.

200928012011995712.jpg

200928012012162772.jpg

200928012012414945.jpg

The main difference with the standard is the slide in a metallic material. Its seems that it is a heavy ABS mixed with metal powder than gives a real nice finish and metalic touch. And adds the accurate Beretta engraving on both sides.

200928012013995593.jpg

I won't teach anyone anything about the huge size in hands. Comapred to my Bruni Beretta M92 F 9mm blank which is a mid size gun, this last is a dwarf compared to the monster Auto-9.

200928012012669135.jpg

The KSC, although not completly in metal, is heavier than the 92F however full metal.

200928012012917689.jpg

200928012013175617.jpg

With a metal compensator it would have been perfection!
Anyway, very pleased this fantastic and so iconic weapon!

200928012013432251.jpg

200928012013683716.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back