Avengers: Infinity War (Pre-release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Avengers: Infinity War

Have they announced the runtime for Infinity War? I really hope these are longer than the standard Marvel 2 to 2 1/2 hours.

I could go for longer. Especially if they're gonna do stuff like 30 Marvel characters in a scene.

The only way you'll get longer than 2:20, most likely, is a director's cut.

Some idiotic suit will say it has to be shorter so we can show it more times in a day to make more money. So they'll lop stuff here and there to meet the suits demands.

I'm a staunch believer of 'it should be as long as it needs to be'. A clueless ******* cuts stuff to fit under a predefined time limit. If it takes 3.5 hours to tell your story - that's what it takes. As far as i'm concerned, as long as it't needed, the longer the better. I'd love to re-introduction of the intermission :)

Lord of the Rings, 3hrs each for the theatrical release. Return of the king was 200 minutes!

I think a 2.5hr run time is possible.

I just want them to get Thanos right. Have some real danger and menace. I'm hoping it's all out balls to the wall, end of the world, armageddon stuff with the heroes realizing that in order to hold Thanos and his army off (not to defeat them), that some key players on the team die.

I want these films to be the ones that raise the bar for all other super hero films.

That's not asking for too much;)

Lord of the Rings, 3hrs each for the theatrical release. Return of the king was 200 minutes!

I think a 2.5hr run time is possible.

Titanic was 3hrs as well. Doesn't mean there aren't exceptions. Both guys had to fight for the length as well.

These could maybe hit 2.5, but longer would be tough IMO. From the sounds of it, i'm beginning to think it's going to go like the end of Legends of Tomorrow just did. Thanos gets the glove at the end of PT 1 and distorts reality. In PT2, the heroes have to figure out their in an altered reality and then go restore it to what it's supposed to be.

Thanos already has the Glove. You see him put it on at the end of Age of Ultron. No stones in it yet obviously but in order for that to happen Vision is obviously going to have to die.

Last edited by a moderator:

JoMamma_Smurf: that would go along with the rumored plot. Supposedly, the Avengers will be trying to prevent Thanos from assembling the Infinity Gauntlet. I pieced multiple rumored plot synopsis below, along with my own guesses.

Thanos will likely arrive on Earth to reclaim the Mind Stone from the Vision and the Time Stone from Doctor Strange, leading to a vicious battle

The Avengers will still be fractured as the movie begins and will have to learn how to work together to stop Thanos. The Vision will almost certainly be destroyed early on and the Time Stone will somehow be taken back from Dr. Strange.

The movie will end making it appear as if Thanos has been defeated, when he hasn't. He'll return with the full power of the Infinity Gauntled in the next part of the film, forcing all of Earth's heroes to join forces to stop him. I'm thinking the Guardians of the Galaxy will show up in the middle or end of the first film.

Loki will be probaly be the one who is responsible for Hulk being off world, and will act as Thanos' advisor, while secretly conspiring against him, and will likely ultimately die turning back to help Thor and the others against Thanos in some final battle.

I'm thinking besides The Vision, well see the Iron Patriot, Hawkeye, and possibly Iron Man killed by the end of the second film.

@JoMamma_Smurf: that would go along with the rumored plot. Supposedly, the Avengers will be trying to prevent Thanos from assembling the Infinity Gauntlet. I pieced multiple rumored plot synopsis below, along with my own guesses.

Thanos will likely arrive on Earth to reclaim the Mind Stone from the Vision and the Time Stone from Doctor Strange, leading to a vicious battle

The Avengers will still be fractured as the movie begins and will have to learn how to work together to stop Thanos. The Vision will almost certainly be destroyed early on and the Time Stone will somehow be taken back from Dr. Strange.

The movie will end making it appear as if Thanos has been defeated, when he hasn't. He'll return with the full power of the Infinity Gauntled in the next part of the film, forcing all of Earth's heroes to join forces to stop him. I'm thinking the Guardians of the Galaxy will show up in the middle or end of the first film.

Loki will be probaly be the one who is responsible for Hulk being off world, and will act as Thanos' advisor, while secretly conspiring against him, and will likely ultimately die turning back to help Thor and the others against Thanos in some final battle.

I'm thinking besides The Vision, well see the Iron Patriot, Hawkeye, and possibly Iron Man killed by the end of the second film.

I wonder if they kill off Iron Man (RDJ) if they will replace him with a young Anthony Stark like in Heroes Reborn of the 90's
300px-Iron_Man_328.jpg

Or maybe replace him with someone else to take up the mantel like Nathaniel Richards aka Iron Lad from Young Avengers.

1a5c8e9df879a9fd952705fda398ca58.jpg

I just don't see the studio eliminating a character completely from a financial stand point.

Sundowner, RDJ could be playing games, but seems like he does not want to commit to playing the role beyond the second part of this film. Things could change though. Look at Evans, at first he wanted to get out (which would have put Buckey into the role, similar to the comics), then he changed his mind.

If RDJ does go out, I'd like to see someone else take over the role as the next Iron Man...not the next Tony Stark.

It might seem impossible but... I'm gonna try to not watch any of the trailers. I'm already hyped enough for this movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back