re release of the imperial shuttle snap kit from revell in the rogue1 line

AnLuMa

hy,

yesterday i have found on amazon that revell make a re release of their imperial shuttle....but this time the pakage says "tydirium"....

Revell easykit 06716 - Star Wars Imperial Shuttle Tydirium.jpg

and now the front says also "1/106"

now my problem^^:

a few days ago i grab 2 tie kits on ebay, i wanna make a diorama with the shuttle alongside two tie-fighters.

NEU-REVELL-06686-easykit-STAR-WARS-Tie-Fighter.jpg

the are many re releases with different boxarts of this tie, but on no box stands a scale .... now the ebay seller from my 2. tie written in his auktion that the tie is a 1/65 scale.

if this shuttle is a re release of the older imperial shuttle snap kit, it musst be "in scale" with the other previous snap kits the came out besides the tie, x-wing, y-wing......from the old series.

i have seen a youtube video that reviews the hole series (tie, shuttle, xwing, y-wing, slave1 and the falcon) and all are in scale to each other.
heres the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD-djEdaLtQ

so my question ist, is that ebay seller right and the scale of these models are 1/65.. that means that these shuttle with that new packaging is a new one, but all promo pics are the same as the old ones..

or have that ebay seller made a mistake to call these models 1/65....and the corect scale of these are 1/106.

i just want to make sure that i grab the right model to my tie-fighters!

ps. please excuse my bad writing, a have a little handycap with "online writing" and my english is not that good for writing (in speaking my englisch is way better^^)

The shuttle is around 1/106

Unfortunately Revell does not adhere to standard scales for any of their kit lines

However, they do happen to have a bunch of things that would scale closely enough with their "Tyderium" shuttle for display purposes

The pocket X-wing kit is 1/112

The pocket (aka level 2) Tie Interceptor and the pocket Darth Vader ties are the same size and come out to around 1/100 or so depending on what size you think a real world tie is. The regular pocket tie (the one listed as 1/65 in that auction) is just about the same size as the Bandai 1/72 tie so that is definitely too large to pair with the others

the U-wing is around 1/110

pocket Naboo Starfighter is 1/109

Republic Attack Shuttle is around 1/120, a bit smaller, but not too bad

the old AMT/MPC/ERTL B-wing is around 1/100 and so is the AT-AT

If you are looking for something closer to 1/72, the old AMT/MPC/ERTL shuttle is around 1/87 or so IIRC

Welcome to the world of "box scale" :facepalm

I really don't understand why in this day and age they can't just stick with a similar scale throughout the line. Even if they don;t want to compete in the 1/72 or 1/48 market against better quality stuff, they could at least be consistent with sticking to all 1/110 (which actually is an established scale called tt scale) for all the smaller offerings like the pocket line and maybe stick to around 1/64 (another established common scale) for the larger stuff

...I really don't understand why in this day and age they can't just stick with a similar scale throughout the line...
Revell is more concerned about how many boxes they can fit on the shelf at the hobby shop than they are about satisfying modelers who are interested in sci-fi kits that Revell considers to be a niche market sold primarily to "kids".

So, what's the difference between the Revell shuttle and the Revell Germany shuttle?

Is there one?

In gathering a 1/144 array of subjects, I'm willing to settle for CLOSE. Especially when, as in Star Wars, the visual scale of things can be... fluid.
The Imperial shuttle is on my list, but I have no intention to shell out the $$ for an exact 1/144 Anigrand kit. If this one's pretty good, and fairly cheap, I might have to pick one up.

So, what's the difference between the Revell shuttle and the Revell Germany shuttle?

Is there one?

In gathering a 1/144 array of subjects, I'm willing to settle for CLOSE. Especially when, as in Star Wars, the visual scale of things can be... fluid.
The Imperial shuttle is on my list, but I have no intention to shell out the $$ for an exact 1/144 Anigrand kit. If this one's pretty good, and fairly cheap, I might have to pick one up.

i don't know if there is a difference between the two releases....

i thougt that the shuttle (and i'm sure that the "new" one ist the same as the old....the pics are the same) an the tie are in the same scale.
blakeh1: ist there a better way in the pricerange to have a tie besides that shuttle....or are the model that much "out of scale"?

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't know if there is a difference between the two releases....

i thougt that the shuttle (and i'm sure that the "new" one ist the same as the old....the pics are the same) an the tie are in the same scale.
@blakeh1: ist there a better way in the pricerange to have a tie besides that shuttle....or are the model that much "out of scale"?

Revell only makes one shuttle that I am aware of. The only difference is packaging. Revell and Revell of Germany are pretty much interchangeable. Often it is just a packaging difference between them. However, sometimes Revell of Germany or Revell will produce a kit that doesn't get a release from the other. For example, Revell of Germany for the longest time was producing the pocket kits, but only a hand full of them saw a Revell USA release.

Also this is not the same tooling as the old MPC/AMT/ERTL release, however, they both share much of the same inaccuracies in shapes/proportions. They both seem to be based more on the full size set blueprints rather than the studio model. The most notable thing being the angle of the nose cone. It is much steeper than the studio model

As to what to pair with it? I would go with the pocket Tie Interceptor (rebranded as Level 2 kit recently without the pre-paint) and the pocket Darth Vader tie since they are just a bit smaller than the Fine Molds "1/72" ties. Unfortuntely the regular tie will be too big.

I think the best bet for what your are looking for in that size is to go with the Fine Molds 1/72 Ties. They noticeably smaller than the Bandai ties and Revell regular pocket Tie. They are out of scale, but not so much that most people would probably not even notice, or care. i.e. Close enough

After all, Revell even put in figures that are pretty much spot on for 1/72.
http://modelkitsreview.com/revell-snap-tite-shuttle-tydirium/

If you can find one on a place like E-bay for a decent price (it can be done, you just have to be patient), the AMT / MPC / ERTL Shuttle is a little bigger than the Revell shuttle and will be an even better
in scale" match with the Fine Molds 1/72 range of ties.

If I had to guess, I'd say this one is around 1/87 or compared to the 1/110 of the Revell

1/144 is the closest range where you will find in scale subjects. You have the F-Toys ties and the Bandai stuff. But you are stuck with finding an Anigrand shuttle

Next is the X-wing miniatures line. You'll find a Shuttle and pretty much any fighter in scale (1/257). Once you get to large ships though like the Blockade Runner and Rebel Transport though, they don't adhere to scale (ex. IIRC the Blockade runner for example is around 1/350 or so)

Last edited:
I guess all releases are the same. The cockpit of the shuttle fits directly inside the big Revell AT-AT which made me believe that both are the same scale. Do not trust the scale Revell puts on the boxes. :)

Actually I just stumbled on this page.

It looks like the Revell shuttle and the Hot Wheels tie fighters scale quite nicely (and won;t break the bank!). It looks like the shuttle is closer to 1/144 according to this guy
http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=9461.msg196586#msg196586
(probably more like 1/120 or so) than 1/72
The hot wheels ties apparently are close to 1/144. although maybe if Bandai puts out a 1/144 tie in the mecha collection that might be better
View attachment 671811

If I am fudging scale, I prefer a larger looking shuttle relative to the ties

So I'd say go with Revell shuttle and Hot Wheels ties (or Bandai scaled 1/144 ties vs F-Toys sized)
or go with AMT/MPC/ERTL shuttle and Fine Molds 1/72 ties

Hot wheels tie
https://www.diapers.com/p/hot-wheel...vosrc=cse.google.QJ-4804&cvo_crid=49549895857
- - - Updated - - -

I guess all releases are the same. The cockpit of the shuttle fits directly inside the big Revell AT-AT which made me believe that both are the same scale. Do not trust the scale Revell puts on the boxes. :)

There scales are more of a "guideline" :lol

ok, i think i will diplay the shuttle and one tie alone for itself.

my modeling skills are 0 or 1, just right for a snap kit....i have seem the mpc/amt/ertl tydirium on ebay, beautiful one....but at the moment out of my pricerange (so to a fine molds kit)^^

i'm collecting at the moment too much star wars stuff, i musst make compromises....i already need a few more 1/144 f-toys for my dio with the bandai falcon and now i'm gearing up for the new rogue1 stuff.

but thats why i love the rpf, especially here in germany when u have a specific question to such a "scifi nerd model" nearly noone can answer you....ich have write the question about the scale for the shuttle a week ago in a offical revell board, and nothing^^

on the last mcm con here in germany the rpf had a booth, that was fantastic to me.....many times i look the props over and over again^^

ps. i have a found few boxarts for the shuttle....

$_1.jpgrevell-monogram-85-1879-star-wars-imperial-shuttle-snap-tite-model-kit-53c5670a383a322e4d574ab73.jpg

s-l300.jpg

*edit* i have write to slow .... i think i take a look on the hot wheals ties.....and again, i love the rpf!!!

Last edited:
*edit* i have write to slow .... i think i take a look on the hot wheals ties.....and again, i love the rpf!!!

c72YvV7.png

yeah, I think that's the best route to go, especially if you want a quick and fairly inexpensive display without a lot of modeling required

http://i.imgur.com/c72YvV7.png

yeah, I think that's the best route to go, especially if you want a quick and fairly inexpensive display without a lot of modeling required

is that the revell tydirium in the back??

looks damm fine to me all together, now i see that the snap ties are to big......the two if mine are still in box so i only had the youtube video ive postet to see the sizes of the kids and the youtuber make a mistake to call these snaps al "in scale wit each other"

these hot wheals are only in one size, or are they in too sizes (because i see on ebay cheaper prizes, and high ones)

Yes, that is the Revell shuttle according to person who created that

it looks like Hot Wheels has two versions of the tie.

One is the stumpy wing cartoon version from Rebels,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Wheels-...916111?hash=item2372fb218f:g:6XUAAOSwLF1X5cNL

the other is the standard version from the movies ( you can tell since he wings look more in proportion, plus the color is more noticeably blue grey rather than white grey

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-T...594880840e8bceddd72e0f&pid=100505&rk=1&rkt=1&

this is the same as the above, just much cheaper
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tie-Fighter...543949?hash=item2a71c7c50d:g:5DAAAOSwTA9X7eMK

thank u so much for your help....from now on i just postet here wwhenn it comes to modeling uestion....not on a revell board nd not on fb^^

Especially since I've already selected the Hot Wheels TIEs for the 1/144 shelf.
Now, if only they made Interceptors...

ya, thats a little extra to me....i want to display my bandai falcon with ohter 1/144 ships an have already a-, b-, and y-wing from f-toys....and i need some few more (tie, tie interceptor, x-wing).

so for the x-wing i will get the new bandai x-wing 1/72-1/144 twopack. and now i don't grab a f-toys tie and can get one of the hot wheals tie insted (perfect!)

so for the x-wing i will get the new bandai x-wing 1/72-1/144 twopack. and now i don't grab a f-toys tie and can get one of the hot wheals tie insted (perfect!)

Same here on all fronts. The Hot Wheels TIE isn't perfect. Get too close, and it's obviously a toy. It's also missing part of the transition from cockpit to wing, making it a bit narrower than it should be. But honestly, I don't care...

The Hasbro shuttle is actually the most accurate, shape wise, of all the commercial kit offerings. The problem is it is insanely expensive since you will be paying "collectors" prices unless you stumble on a that rare reasonable deal

The Hasbro shuttle is actually the most accurate, shape wise, of all the commercial kit offerings. The problem is it is insanely expensive since you will be paying "collectors" prices unless you stumble on a that rare reasonable deal

Aye, I forget that I got one at Target quite a while ago...funny how Hasbro doesn't often seem to 're-release' their toys. Well, not much. Seems the latterly issue of the T.S. was a redo of the first one they put out, but with improvements.

Still, good deals *can* be had if one is patient. Look at the 'big' Slave 1 toy; I was able to pick up a couple for less than $65 total because I was looking for just the vehicle. Missing a few replaceable pieces and/or figures helps. So, avoiding a 'mint' copy goes a long way...

Regards, Robert

You could look for damaged or incomplete pieces. Missing stickers or panels can beeasily replaced or scratched and once the paint is on you will not see the difference.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back