Imperial insignia disks- anyone else catch this?

..well the grill mesh for Vaders belt boxes in ANH came from a Telefunken record player/reel to reel type thing....maybe the discs came from that?

I think we're looking for a stubbier version of this-

301pulley.jpg

Something that does the same job in a lower profile turntable maybe?

Garrard 301 Spares: Original 50 HZ Pulleys: 2nd hand £20, each

-Sarge

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I read they came from a Mitchell turntable? Vintage of course. Last I saw Elvistrooper had a site where he makes and sells them

I thought I read they came from a Mitchell turntable? Vintage of course. Last I saw Elvistrooper had a site where he makes and sells them

The link i posted does not show a fan made disc. It shows a real turntable part. ;-)

Hi Chris. 60hz is smaller as it spins faster.

The Etsy sale is listed as "replacement". These are modern parts machined to similar specs - although side by side with my vintage ones I can tell them apart.

Anyone know the difference between the 60z pulley and the 50z pulley?
They have separate listings for each, but use the same photo.

Hi Chris. 60hz is smaller as it spins faster.

The Etsy sale is listed as "replacement". These are modern parts machined to similar specs - although side by side with my vintage ones I can tell them apart.

Which size is correct then?
I have a vintage one and some from Kenny. How do these newly made Transcriptor parts compare?
I was thinking of getting a couple.

The new ones are good if you're not fussy about vintage. Very minor differences in step height, more shiny finish, and a slight taper to the hole.

As for what size is correct, I believe both are used. I see 50hz on everything other than the Merr Sonn where it needs to match the size of the rear disc.

The Merr-Sonn was the first thing that popped to mind when I saw there was a smaller size than the "standard" I've gotten used to. That eases a lingering boggle for me. I quickly discovered the movie-accurate 1" pulley was too big for the blaster. Since the other resin castings they made had no/minimal shrinkage, it struck me as unlikely they'd made a cast of the pulley out of a different material that would shrink so much. Never occurred to me there might be different size pulleys. Very definitely yoinked. :)

--Jonah

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back