New Star Wars Costumes: The Original Trilogy Book by the creator of the RPF!

Amazon.com just sent me an email to expect my book to be delivered at the end of November-early December. WTH? Didn't they know about this before? Why is shipping taking more now? Anyway cannot wait for it to come.

I was reading through my initial "dented/damaged" copy from Amazon and there was a erroneous printing error where the chapter prior to the ANH Vader and 2 pages into Vader are in German. The rest thankfully is correct English text. I went to Indigo in Toronto to physically purchase another "pristine" copy with the proper english text block. Regardless, hands down my favourite SW OT books outside of the Chronicles!

Hello everyone,

Thank you for all of the kind words on the book. It was a real labor of love for me, and I was thrilled to work with Lucasfilm on the project. Seeing the Archives, chatting with the three costume designers, and speaking with so many other wonderful talented people is something I will never forget.

I've noticed a few comments that people included more of one thing or another. Like all books, ours was limited by space and we had to make judgment calls on how to allocate that space. I would have loved to include more images of everything but it simply wasn't possible.

Some of the costumes or costume components in the Archives are quite fragile and for this reason they could not be dressed onto mannequins to shoot. The costumes are treated as artifacts and conservation concerns are top priority for the Archives team.

Regarding the book trailer on YouTube, that is just a trailer to promote the book, I'm afraid there is no documentary planned on SW costumes--at least not that I'm aware of!

I'm sorry to hear of the headaches with Amazon's packaging and with the random German-edition pages inserted into a few of the US books. Obviously this is beyond my control but I know Chronicle are looking into the matter.

If anyone has specific questions on the book feel free to post here and I'll try to address.

I would also be grateful if anyone who enjoys the book can post a review on Amazon. I understand the number of reviews plays into the algorithm of how and when Amazon presents the book to customers, which is important for performance.

All the best,
Brandon

Thanks for posting!

Now... about that enhanced version with high res pics for ibooks......????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Thank you Brandon for bringing this book to life and letting fans like us know a little more about the props we love so much.

Is there a chance to post more pics you took in the archives and which are not in the book? Not sure in what way: subscription to a site where the photos could be hosted, buying a separate CD/DVD with photos etc. For example right now people are looking for details regarding the elusive AT-AT Driver compad: http://www.therpf.com/f79/snow-commander-driver-glove-commpad-228136/

Hello everyone,

Thank you for all of the kind words on the book. It was a real labor of love for me, and I was thrilled to work with Lucasfilm on the project. Seeing the Archives, chatting with the three costume designers, and speaking with so many other wonderful talented people is something I will never forget.

I've noticed a few comments that people included more of one thing or another. Like all books, ours was limited by space and we had to make judgment calls on how to allocate that space. I would have loved to include more images of everything but it simply wasn't possible.

Some of the costumes or costume components in the Archives are quite fragile and for this reason they could not be dressed onto mannequins to shoot. The costumes are treated as artifacts and conservation concerns are top priority for the Archives team.

Regarding the book trailer on YouTube, that is just a trailer to promote the book, I'm afraid there is no documentary planned on SW costumes--at least not that I'm aware of!

I'm sorry to hear of the headaches with Amazon's packaging and with the random German-edition pages inserted into a few of the US books. Obviously this is beyond my control but I know Chronicle are looking into the matter.

If anyone has specific questions on the book feel free to post here and I'll try to address.

I would also be grateful if anyone who enjoys the book can post a review on Amazon. I understand the number of reviews plays into the algorithm of how and when Amazon presents the book to customers, which is important for performance.

All the best,
Brandon

Just gave it a five star review :) Thanks again for such a great book!

Just got my copy delivered today from Amazon with no damage(thankfully). Can't wait to start looking through it. :cool

Don't know why you'd need one what with the things you have to look at in person...:p

Seriously, kudos to you. I've not gotten one yet but I'll definitely be adding it to my list. :)

Don't know why you'd need one what with the things you have to look at in person...:p

Seriously, kudos to you. I've not gotten one yet but I'll definitely be adding it to my list. :)

Ha ha! Well, there are still a few pieces I'd like to add to the collection so I'll look at this as something of a "wish book". ;)

I think this and the Chronicles book are the definitive SW books in my collection. Fantastic work by Brandon and everyone else involved.

Any chance we ever get a video tour of the Archives like what was teased in that book trailer? :p

Ha ha! Well, there are still a few pieces I'd like to add to the collection so I'll look at this as something of a "wish book". ;)

I think this and the Chronicles book are the definitive SW books in my collection. Fantastic work by Brandon and everyone else involved.

Any chance we ever get a video tour of the Archives like what was teased in that book trailer? :p

Yep, I love Chronicles and my other fave is the Blueprints (granddaddy edition...). From what everyone has said, this one rocks too.

The Archives tour on the bluray set is pretty good, though we'll always find something to complain about I'm sure as everyone wants to see different things and never enough time to show it all. I was stoked with a view of the Emperor's original cane. Not the one from MR but the screen-used version. Anything Vader and Emperor to me would be my choice for an extended Archives tour...

I was reading through my initial "dented/damaged" copy from Amazon and there was a erroneous printing error where the chapter prior to the ANH Vader and 2 pages into Vader are in German. The rest thankfully is correct English text. I went to Indigo in Toronto to physically purchase another "pristine" copy with the proper english text block. Regardless, hands down my favourite SW OT books outside of the Chronicles!

Can you please be my secret santa? I mean, with those stupid pages in German in that book ...

:p

Thanks for your answers Brandon. You really have done an amazing thing with this book. I'm glad your around and made it happen. It makes sense what you said about some components being fragile and don't get me wrong it wasn't a complaint. Thanks for clearing it up. We really are spoilt with what you've given us. I will post a 5 star review on Amazon as soon as I can. I'm going to go as far as saying it's my favourite Star Wars book and I have all the high end books. :)

Ben

Can you please be my secret santa? I mean, with those stupid pages in German in that book ...

:p

Of course I didn't mean mean English being proper - just proper for me :) - in fact I love the language and wish I could read German :)
As far as I am concerned the german text on those pages make it a collectible :p

Thank you Brandon for bringing this book to life and letting fans like us know a little more about the props we love so much.

Is there a chance to post more pics you took in the archives and which are not in the book? Not sure in what way: subscription to a site where the photos could be hosted, buying a separate CD/DVD with photos etc. For example right now people are looking for details regarding the elusive AT-AT Driver compad: http://www.therpf.com/f79/snow-commander-driver-glove-commpad-228136/

I would totally buy a disc with the other pictures on it or subscribe to some gallery website, especially if it had more B-wing pilot pictures... I would love to see the right side of the helmets that were pictured in the book (one was shown in the preview video, but none of the others, and all of the B-wing pilot helmets seem to have a different set of greeblies).

Though I know that the pictures are copy-written so I'm sure there would be a lot of legal stuff to go through to get something like a gallery of "extra disc" released. If it would be possible at all...

I would totally buy a disc with the other pictures on it or subscribe to some gallery website, especially if it had more B-wing pilot pictures... I would love to see the right side of the helmets that were pictured in the book (one was shown in the preview video, but none of the others, and all of the B-wing pilot helmets seem to have a different set of greeblies). ....

And I already have a title for that second book covering all the stuff that wasn´t covered in this book!

"Single(scope)s and B-(wing) sides"

Hi guys,

I'm afraid I have no other photos that I can share and I'm not aware of any plans to release an e-Book or any other related content at this time.

I would have loved to show all sides of every piece, but we only had so much space in the book...!

Thanks to those of you who have posted reviews on Amazon.

All the best,
Brandon

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back