Show your custom Lightsabers!

Very nice collection @Kovnyn! I like the very right and left ones (the ones at the edges).

The one at the left (or top of the thumbnail) is my Mandalorian trophy saber. The one on the right/ bottom is just steel pipe fittings which I torch blued.

From top to bottom, or left to right (depending on picture orientation)

-Damaged trophy saber (electrical conduit and fittings)
-Aluminum bar stock, which I will finish once our lathe is hooked back up.
-PVC and scrap parts
-Second Heiland flash handle saber, with first attempt at a crystal reveal, still a WIP.
-First Heiland handle custom saber
-3D printed Graflex Anakin saber, EP III.
-Torch blued pipe fitting saber.

Not pictured are my full bladed combat saber nor any of the toy sabers I have collected.

Last edited:
Can't remember if I've posted all mine here - maybe they'll help inspire people like these to for me!

Attachments

• B6C123A4-8C40-4415-A0A4-13B0FB2B80FF.jpeg
    B6C123A4-8C40-4415-A0A4-13B0FB2B80FF.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 222
  • 936611CA-BA9E-4C8A-A4FE-91365CF927A0.jpeg
    936611CA-BA9E-4C8A-A4FE-91365CF927A0.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 208
  • 36EB0F69-9366-41F3-8220-4A02B75606A9.jpeg
    36EB0F69-9366-41F3-8220-4A02B75606A9.jpeg
    695.3 KB · Views: 198
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    354.1 KB · Views: 191
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 181
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    157.9 KB · Views: 175
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    220.3 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0328.JPG
    IMG_0328.JPG
    936.5 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_0326.JPG
    IMG_0326.JPG
    943.1 KB · Views: 194
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 200
  • DSCN3554.jpg
    DSCN3554.jpg
    427.4 KB · Views: 196
  • DSCN3550.jpg
    DSCN3550.jpg
    514.8 KB · Views: 186
  • DSCN3563.jpg
    DSCN3563.jpg
    493 KB · Views: 202
Can't remember if I've posted all mine here - maybe they'll help inspire people like these to for me!
Great work! I especially like the blade plug on the last pic.
For a moment I was like, who's this posting, then I saw the picture and your name, and then it clicked! Oh you just changed your profile! :lol

Great work! I especially like the blade plug on the last pic.
For a moment I was like, who's this posting, then I saw the picture and your name, and then it clicked! Oh you just changed your profile! :lol

thank you! (and yes its me)

that was a model car kit hubcap/wheel that came in a pile of military model kit parts I bought off the bay

I have a few questions after receiving my LDM saber. It will not stay charged for long. It will just stop after 20 mins if I charge it for a few hours. I want it to last all day at cons. Right now I'm using a radio shack charger. What charger do I need for the long run so it lasts longer before dying? Also what blade diameter does it take? My 1inch blade does not fit but LDMs site says 1 inch

Thanks.

I have a few questions after receiving my LDM saber. It will not stay charged for long. It will just stop after 20 mins if I charge it for a few hours. I want it to last all day at cons. Right now I'm using a radio shack charger. What charger do I need for the long run so it lasts longer before dying? Also what blade diameter does it take? My 1inch blade does not fit but LDMs site says 1 inch

Thanks.
What's the battery's voltage and amps (or miliamps)?

Depending on how accessible th battery, you could measure that with a multimeter. Or maybe it was stated in the listing on eBay (or wherever you got it from)?

I figured it out by opening the saber and the battery is labeled 7.4V 2000mah

So what charger do I need? The custom saber shop has a 7.4v charger but only has 500mah. There is one with a range of voltage and has 1000mah.

Im so lost LOL.

The mAh on the charger is just the rate at which it charges, so the 1000mah charger will charge your battery faster than the 500mah one.

The 2000mah on your battery is the battery's capacity.

Either charger will work for you, as long as they will charge 7.4v

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

The mAh on the charger is just the rate at which it charges, so the 1000mah charger will charge your battery faster than the 500mah one.

The 2000mah on your battery is the battery's capacity.

Either charger will work for you, as long as they will charge 7.4v

Thank you!

Right now I am using an AC adapter from walmart and Radio Shack(Voltage is adjustable) and the saber does not stay charged for very long, it will just quit. Would an actual Li-ion charger fix that? Im considering buying a charger from The Custom Saber shop and returning the others.

Edit: I dont think the AC adapters charge very well as the LED is no where as bright as the LED in my vader and they are both using Tri-Cree LEDS.

Last edited:
Ended up buying the 7.4v 500ma charger from the custom saber shop along with a photon blade tube and round tip.

I hope this charger gives the saber a better charge and run time will last longer.

Ended up buying the 7.4v 500ma charger from the custom saber shop along with a photon blade tube and round tip.

I hope this charger gives the saber a better charge and run time will last longer.
@Dann beat me to it. The higher the amps, the faster the battery will charge. The 7.4 volt charger from the custom saber shop is a good choice though. I also got my saber charger from there, and it has yet to let me down.

Wow, yeah I would NOT recommend using the charger you've been using! I hope it hasn't damaged your battery.

Good luck!

The saber was dead when I got it. I was so impatient with wanting to see it work I just went straight to Radio Shack and bought one! I already have a 3.7v charger for Vader and was hoping it would charge Luke but no. The saber works still. Now I know for future reference. This is my first non force fx custom. A whole new world for me.

UGH! What the heck, the battery might need replaced!

The charger came in and it only takes like 10 mins to charger the saber and the light to turn green. The saber has the same amount of run time as before and its not very bright(I think that may be due to the LED being in the base of the neck)

Here are a few pictures of it.20180914_132811[1].jpg20180914_132820_HDR[1].jpg20180914_132843[1].jpg

And this is with a photon blade.

UGH! What the heck, the battery might need replaced!

The charger came in and it only takes like 10 mins to charger the saber and the light to turn green. The saber has the same amount of run time as before and its not very bright(I think that may be due to the LED being in the base of the neck)

Here are a few pictures of it.View attachment 842909View attachment 842910View attachment 842911

And this is with a photon blade.
What type of blade is this?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back