Yowza!

Jedisushi

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Half a mil. Not bad!

https://apnews.com/48a8c59a2b6c434d839a6ce66f02a311

At first I was surprised this sold for so much more than than Deckard’s blaster. The ROTJ variant never seemed as iconic to me as ANH. But either way I suppose Star Wars is the bigger franchise in the end.

I’d rather have the PKD myself, but beggars can’t be choosers (unless of course you have $550,000)!

Always crazy to see, how poorly the real OT props where made, when compared to the high end fan builds. :rolleyes

I guess that's okay, but... It sold for more than Superman's suit or Marilyn Monroe's dress? That doesn't seem right.

Those things, especially the dress, are outdated.

If they were still relevant, in today's market, I'd think they would go for more than a prop gun.

But who knows.

I'm just surprised to learn that this is legit. Any OT Star Wars prop that shows up for auction these days I assume up front is a fake.

Original ROTJ DL-44 SOLD in NY

Can't see anyone else has commented on this. Thoughts? Hider looks different!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44592215

_102179517_mediaitem102179516.jpg

Best J

Since it went to a museum (Ripley's Believe It Or Not) I think the price is ok, especially since people will be able to see it. Wish the Scout blaster went to a fan that wouldn't mind making casts of it though, the screen used Scout blaster is one of the very few we didn't have access to make good replicas.

I missed the scout blaster auction , how much did it go for ? All I know is that unfortunately RS Propmasters didn't get it , which as Jkno says, is a huge pity because they would have cast and released it to the hobby .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back