The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Here’s what I think: That Luke saber is aluminum. I think the prop maker did various washes on it and then clear-coated it. I did the same thing with one of my DL44 suppressors and it looked pretty much the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here’s what I think: That Luke saber is aluminum. I think the prop maker did various washes on it and then clear-coated it. I did the same thing with one of my DL44 suppressors and it looked pretty much the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you talking acrylic washes? And could we bother you for a picture?

I used to think the holes showed the white resin underneath but then Ridire Firean pointed out that it was just the flash reflecting off the silvery finish. I can't upload pics but just scroll back to Fusion's posts without the flash and you'll see what I mean.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems odd to cast a saber out of aluminum. With today's CNC machines I think it would be faster and easier to have had machined. That's why I think it's resin.

@Fusion, please, share KR's saber here.

I will post my picks of the KR saber here later.

For what it’s worth regarding the Luke: The small holes around the perimeter of the emitter seemed to have lots of irregular-shaped light splotches inside. While they were only visible with the flash, they gave the impression of being real.

There were also traces of what appeared to be a seam along the entire length that I could not fully capture in all the pictures. At the emitter end, it was practically invisible even to the naked eye. It was more easily discernible at the pommel end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So besides the control box, are there any differences between this con saber and the film version? Also are we fairly certain this con saber is the white glove saber?

So besides the control box, are there any differences between this con saber and the film version? Also are we fairly certain this con saber is the white glove saber?

pommel.jpg

The only difference between it a film version is the box and overall sheen. And yes, I think it's the same as the white glove. It has the misaligned pommel, and there is the faint seam that can be seen above the red line in the picture.

View attachment 807172

The weathering looks very similar in these spots.

Wow, you're right. And the scratch pointed out by knullzero looks an awful lot like damaged paint to me.

New hypothesis: the Awesomecon/WG saber is the onscreen Creepy Uncle, but the metallic paintjob seen on the emitter was dulled by handling, resulting in the dull pommel/clamp and the even duller grenade section.

I was hoping there was going to be a picture from the con that showed the pommel cube with this scratch:

View attachment 807168

But no dice.

I cropped this from one of my shots. It's the best I have, I'm afraid. (Presuming it will upload from my phone.) This was looking past the Graflex, so if more of it come out we might get something better.

IMG_20180401_103652164~2.jpg
Edit: adding an edited version. I think I see a curved blemish that's consistent.
IMG_20180401_103652164~3.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back