Denix Blaster or alternative

Socksollager

Hi I was wondering if Denix was still doing DL44 blasters, Their website looks a little old and it made me leery about purchasing. If they are no longer available, is there another resource for this prop? Thank you in advance, New member here.

Welcome to the RPF. I'm not sure what is going on with Denix and their DL-44, but there are a few other alternatives. There are plenty of other good replicas on eBay. They are indeed usually denix based, but some are more accurate than the actual denix DL-44. 3D printing is another good alternative. Shapeways has plenty of DL-44 kits. Todd's costumes makes a great kit in metal, as does Dark Energy Creations on the runs page. I got a TFA DL-44 kit from him and it's just beautiful. I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to be clear, Denix does not make a DL44 replica. They only make a replica of the Mauser C96 pistol, which is the real world base gun for the DL44. That said, most people do use the Denix as a base for their DL44. You'll still need to get a conversion kit to fully dress up your Denix as a blaster.

i dont think there is a denix drought. Boba Debt is doing another run, he just did ESB and now doing RoTJ he hasn't had problems obtaining them?

The Denix Mauser Broomhandle (the base gun) is readily available but I think you mau be talking about the prototype DL44 they built and were allegedly going to release. Its not very accurate (especially the grill) and no other information was given other than the one picture they posted. Most people would recommend just getting the base gun and buying a kit to finish it yourself.

Here is the one pic they released

denix dl 44.jpg

There are a number of options - the Denix being one.

If you decide to use one you can modify it fairly easily by sharpening the edges, smoothing the surfaces and refining the trigger shape. It carries a great heft and if done carefully, the result can be pretty good.

DL-44_01.jpg

Regards
MARK

Whoa. Never knew about this one. Thanks for sharing this one, Tom.

The Denix Mauser Broomhandle (the base gun) is readily available but I think you mau be talking about the prototype DL44 they built and were allegedly going to release.

Also, if you're into more TFA style, I think Armorer Works might be still selling their airsoft version. It's not that accurate, but close enough for most.

86555d042f1c6ff75a1cad489c96198f.jpg

http://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/m317/...s-Han-Solo-DL-44-GBB-Pistol/product_info.html

Chris

Blast-Tech is no longer around, but there are plenty of people picking up where they left of. Just need to decide which movie version you want in order to further help you. But as explained earlier in this thread, Boba Debt just completed a run for ESB DL-44s, and had to machine dozens of them for accuracy. So they're readily available.

Also, thanks for that link cjchiu. That's a good alternative for people who just want a close enough blaster to complete their costume without breaking the bank.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow, yuck! I'm glad they backed off that one.

The Denix Mauser Broomhandle (the base gun) is readily available but I think you mau be talking about the prototype DL44 they built and were allegedly going to release. Its not very accurate (especially the grill) and no other information was given other than the one picture they posted. Most people would recommend just getting the base gun and buying a kit to finish it yourself.

Here is the one pic they released

View attachment 671686

Blast-Tech is no longer around, but there are plenty of people picking up where they left of. Just need to decide which movie version you want in order to further help you. But as explained earlier in this thread, Boba Debt just completed a run for ESB DL-44s, and had to machine dozens of them for accuracy. So they're readily available.

Also, thanks for that link @cjchiu. That's a good alternative for people who just want a close enough blaster to complete their costume without breaking the bank.

I am currently looking for the Empire strikes back hero version. I would also like to get the New Hope hero version at some point. But i need the ESB version to complete my current cosplay.

Unfortunately, you just missed out on a Hoth Blaster from the Junkyard, and I believe someone sold their spot for a Bespin blaster earlier. Another Boba Debt run won't be done for a while, so you'll have to keep an eye out on the Junkyard for someone needing to sell theirs. Alternatively, you could try checking out any of the 3D printed kits from Shapeways for an ESB conversion. I don't think I've ever seen a toy ESB blaster on the current market, which a repaint could have been a low cost alternative.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back