Pepsi Maul restoration [Norway]

zombdweebie

Wanted to start this thread and try to document the whole project as best as I can. The older similar projects in here
are starting to lose it's pictures, and many are using mostly the clothes as the only original parts.

A bit of backstory
, the statue was used by our local cinema when the Phantom Menace released in 1999. It was stolen a few days later and
gone for 15 years. In 2014 some of our squadmembers found it at a student home, and they got it back. The cinema swore they'd restore it and
have it on display, but nope. Two years later and they've done nothing - only stored it after realising they can't do this kind of work. So here we are!

It's in a rough state, after being gone for 15 years. Arms are broken, head is tilted a bit forwards, one eye is pushed in, lightsaber is gone, we think we
have the belt. Stand is bruised and letters needs to be painted up in gold. But it's doable!

Have been looking through some old threads here, and have been inspired by this one and are in the prosess of ordering
those PVC spider joints. That is a very important upgrade of this piece.

13887121_10154343546040561_6503671470984094928_n.jpg13912884_10154343546080561_5318937716492540997_n.jpg13935041_10154343546085561_2371940367573560497_n.jpg13934643_10154343546190561_886421266314974489_n.jpg

A few pictures from the storage at the cinema. And last a picture from when we picked him up today!
14446084_10154501760300561_7705502222145428390_n.jpg

Our plans are
to restore it back to it's former glory. So no new head, clothers, gloves or boots (that would be insane to try finding these). We do need a new lightsaber within our budget - which is very limited. Clothes will be dry cleaned by pros for a cost. So much old dust here.

That's what we got so far!
Nidaros Imperial Squad (Nordic Garrison) out!

Last edited:
Four of these are ordered. Thought about doing six, but gloves are plastic, so wouldn't do anything.
Shoulders and elbows are covered here.

coupler3.jpg

Good luck guys! I'm glad my build inspired you.

If you end up building an entirely new mannequin let me know. I'm thinking about redoing mine again.

As I recall from my research, the Pepsi Maul costume is thought to be very accurate. If you have all the pieces of that you got a great start.

Good luck guys! I'm glad my build inspired you.

If you end up building an entirely new mannequin let me know. I'm thinking about redoing mine again.

As I recall from my research, the Pepsi Maul costume is thought to be very accurate. If you have all the pieces of that you got a great start.

We'll try to keep it as original as possible. Upgrading the arms is a must on this. But as you can see, the rest of the PVC skeleton is in good shape.

Great now I'm going to be spending the next hour looking for a Pepsi Maul to buy..... By the way this is really cool definetly hitting subscribe!

Great now I'm going to be spending the next hour looking for a Pepsi Maul to buy..... By the way this is really cool definetly hitting subscribe!

It's an interesting piece. But I love how others here have custom made it with new busts that looks AMAZING.

Fun fact. A girl in our garrison knows someone who can make the sunray pleated fabric on Mauls outer robe. I guess that's the one with the hood?
That would be something to add to this.

Anyways. Here's the head problems. One eye is popped in, and with the head filled with stryfoam - there's only one way to get it back in place.
IMG_8511.JPG

Eye is back in place, and teeths have been upgraded, That old paintscheme there made it look like he'd eaten lots of greens.

Clothes are off to the drycleaner,

14463080_10209268547283536_4760760781836807584_n.jpg
@alexmiller1: thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the best he could do he said. We'll see at the next workshop. Was really hard.
We think the eye is being held back by some of the foam in the back.

What's the eye made of? If it's glass or porcelain could you use a mini suction cup to hold onto it while you glue it in straight with super glue? Just thinking.

Alex

What's the eye made of? If it's glass or porcelain could you use a mini suction cup to hold onto it while you glue it in straight with super glue? Just thinking.

Alex

It's plastic or something acryllic from the feel of it. Person in charge have been using a nail and hot glue to get hold of it, and to do the adjusting. We have to put our heads together at a workshop for this one.

Friendly flyer takk takk!

- - - Updated - - -

We're getting hold of a MRFX dual lightsaber for him. We might want to remove the sound, since it will be standing in a public cinema most of the time.
Anyone with knowledge around this?

37_1061077167.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
knowledge of what exactly?

taking it apart to remove the soundboard?

I would think just removing the batteries would be good enough unless your trying ti gut it for another projects.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back