eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

The ones built by RS have that silly cut out. Mine does too, however not to that extent. But I have a couple of kits to do up as I please.

Would take the RS gap over the efx anyday. The efx just looks completely wrong, especially the face. The helmet section looks off to me too. Happy I cancelled my limited 2 or 3 years ago... althogh I still have this crap to look forward to regarding the legend.

Who trimmed the RS visor with that silly shape in it ??? At least with extra material being there (rather than material thats missing) it can still be trimmed like it should be. It looks horrible trimmed like that though.
I spent ages building my RS helmets so i have a small gap, but no catching when i open the face. You can't beat building helmets yourself in my opinion. Not only are you in control of how it will look when its finished, you can also choose a specific original helmet to replicate 100%.

Agreed, though not all of us have your level of skills. I certainly couldnt match something you'd be able to do!

Cheers

Jez

The ones built by RS have that silly cut out. Mine does too, however not to that extent. But I have a couple of kits to do up as I please.

Would take the RS gap over the efx anyday. The efx just looks completely wrong, especially the face. The helmet section looks off to me too. Happy I cancelled my limited 2 or 3 years ago... althogh I still have this crap to look forward to regarding the legend.

Also 100% agreed Chris, the RS cutout is a bit odd but infinitely better than the EFX.

The main reason I’m ranting on about the EFX Limited is that like you I’ve got the full >$900 sunk into the "Legend" edition. Given the lousy level of effort and care that’s clearly gone into this one - it suggests to me the Legend is going to be equally poor.

Cheers

Jez

Also 100% agreed Chris, the RS cutout is a bit odd but infinitely better than the EFX.

The main reason I’m ranting on about the EFX Limited is that like you I’ve got the full >$900 sunk into the "Legend" edition. Given the lousy level of effort and care that’s clearly gone into this one - it suggests to me the Legend is going to be equally poor.

Cheers

Jez

Actually looking at the overhead shot of the screen used helmets, if you look, there's actually a similar shape going on with the trimming. It is, however very subtle, and would say the RS style is an exaggeration of it.

Agreed, though not all of us have your level of skills. I certainly couldnt match something you'd be able to do!

Cheers

Jez

I suppose the Scout helmet could be a bit too tricky to build for a lot of people, but i think all thats needed to build them is patience and an eye for detail.
My only criticism for most of the Scout helmet builds i see is that people let the visor taper inwards at the front so they end up looking like Kenny out of south park. Its the cheeks on the face plate that make this happen. While you don't want a gap between the cheeks and the inside of the visor, you shouldn't let the cheeks take full control of the visors shape.
The visors should have a more open look when looking at the helmet from the front and be more square like when looking at it from the top.

Keith

Is the visor of the eFX at all detachable without damaging the helmet?

I think it would be difficult. You’d have to pull away the black inner padding/lining and then on both sides cut away at the inside of the grey pivot pins (as it feels like they’re partially flattened so won’t come out).

So it’s not impossible, but imo risky on a $700 lid

Cheers

Jez

So what about Altman’s BS helmet? What do we think about that?

Sent from my Starfleet-issue communicator

I was thinking the same so got my old Altman's out the loft yesterday. It’s fine when looked at in isolation - and is great for trooping. However everything about it is slightly off, all the dimensions, detailing etc (like the snout detailing). Yeah pretty much everything.

Go RS, you won’t be disappointed

cheers

Jez

The angle of camera between efx and the screen used helmet is completely off and definitely throws any possible comparisons of both helmets.

On the efx it’s slightly more in the back and the screen used is slightly in the front. Check the back tubes visibility. Because of that, the gap on the efx looks a lot worst since we’re looking straight under the cut.

Coming from efx’s representative, I’m surprised this even got posted!?!?

In any case, that gap is horrible and I’m glad I hesitated and finally skipped on those helmets. I sure thought I was missing out on a great piece of history. If this was mine, I would only be remember the fiasco everyime I’d look into it’s amazing jaw line! :wacko

Oh and I have had the MLC V3 for years and I still find it beautiful and sharp. Paid a lot less than any other kit too!

a408246447452bdedad088bdb30ca608.jpg
8f7aaa76eed05fcf37471d28aab39ace.jpg
8c9403c26baf6c899f03204cf12b25d1.jpg

The angle of camera between efx and the screen used helmet is completely off and definitely throws any possible comparisons of both helmets.

On the efx it’s slightly more in the back and the screen used is slightly in the front. Check the back tubes visibility. Because of that, the gap on the efx looks a lot worst since we’re looking straight under the cut.

At first I thought the same, but went back and looked at the pics in these posts:
https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=157451&page=81&p=4438804&viewfull=1#post4438804
https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=157451&page=83&p=4443052&viewfull=1#post4443052

Side question, what is EFX selling now? When I go to the site, I only see the death star panels and the stealth shield as available, there's a couple of items with remainder payment due, but everything else is listed as unavailable. Is that the only two things they have available?

EFX Scout helmet arrived. Like I said before I wasn't expecting too much difference from what I've seen from collector's pics already.
The helmet is quite heavy, shiny and looks solid, coming with a nice COA, but is not as accurate as it could have been. The jaw flair and the big visor gap are the most prominent issues with this replica. My visor closes quite ok looking from sides, but looking from top it the gap is wider on one side than the other.

The visor itself has some accuracy problems as well. The snout is not that sharp, but was expecting to be softer so it is ok. The stand looks cheap, but seems reasonably steady and solid, still is definitely inferior to other EFX stands. Price is quite high for what you get in the end, especially for international collectors who weren't bribed by EFX with a free Vader helmet.

The overall appearance is ok, less accurate than RS Prop Masters and maybe even LoneWolf, and looks better than Altmanns, the other licensed high end Scout helmet. An ok replica, but inferior to previous EFX LE helmet replicas. It is not the worst Scout helmet out there, but definitely not the best.

EFX_Scout_Trooper_Helmet_22.jpg

EFX_Scout_Trooper_Helmet_24.jpg

EFX_Scout_Trooper_Helmet_27.jpg

Comparison EFX vs LoneWolf (LW) vs RS Prop Masters Scout Trooper Helmets:

Comparison_EFX_LW_RS_Scout_Trooper_Helmet_02.jpg

Comparison_EFX_LW_RS_Scout_Trooper_Helmet_06.jpg

Comparison_EFX_LW_RS_Scout_Trooper_Helmet_10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back