Build Rey's new saber contest now closed for entries

Re: Build Rey's new saber contest now underway

Not in the contest but I’ve been coming back to this thread here and there just to read up.

I'm very excited to see what everyone comes up with. There’s some great makers on this forum.

Things are going to get interesting ;)

I'd like to take part. How many builds per member, one or multiple?

Last edited by a moderator:

Actually, 3CELL PO asks an interesting question. I've actually designed and built two, but I assumed I would just enter the one I liked better. I mean you can never have too many custom lightsabers, but I would be open to entering both.

Looks like I'll have at least two as well. If one is clearly better then it's no prob but what if they are all equal'ish.
What's the consensus peoples

If its not too late id love to be a part of this, 4 weeks should be long enough and ive got a pretty good idea of what im going to do...

Many parts gathered but no design !!!!
My first attempt just got pulled apart it was looking very (STEAM PUNK) !!!! I was over thinking it, second design is looking pretty ok, some added bits of interest !!! If you know what your looking at.
He he he

I'm done for real this time, I just need to shoot pictures that don't totally reveal it's my build. My backyard and tattoos give me away at this point.
+
make a box backdrop. Wear long sleeves :lol

2 sabers are ambitious but if you have 2, post em. Maybe the same photos and tag them A and B to save upload time with Drew.

What does everyone think about allowing 2 sabers. I'm totally fine with it.

Hey Gang! If someone doesn't post up a photo soon, I'm gonna go nuts! 9 pages y'all! Get to snappin'! ;)

Seriously though, for those that need an impromptu backdrop, you simply need a large piece of posterboard, two pieces of tape, a wall and a floor, and a light source.

Take the posterboard and tape it on the wall so that the bottom of the sheet curves down and out onto the floor. Push the bottom edge in towards the wall a bit to give yourself a bit of a flat spot to set your lightsaber on and tape that edge to the floor. VIOLA! You have a photographer's backdrop.

Posterboard is available at Michael's, Jo-Ann Fabrics, Hobby-Lobby, OfficeDepot/OfficeMax, some grocery stores and pharmacies. And tape is too! Simple, easy, and costs very little.

Looking forward to seeing somebody's Rey Saber soon! I hope.

Hey Gang! If someone doesn't post up a photo soon, I'm gonna go nuts! 9 pages y'all! Get to snappin'! ;)

Seriously though, for those that need an impromptu backdrop, you simply need a large piece of posterboard, two pieces of tape, a wall and a floor, and a light source.

Take the posterboard and tape it on the wall so that the bottom of the sheet curves down and out onto the floor. Push the bottom edge in towards the wall a bit to give yourself a bit of a flat spot to set your lightsaber on and tape that edge to the floor. VIOLA! You have a photographer's backdrop.

Posterboard is available at Michael's, Jo-Ann Fabrics, Hobby-Lobby, OfficeDepot/OfficeMax, some grocery stores and pharmacies. And tape is too! Simple, easy, and costs very little.

Looking forward to seeing somebody's Rey Saber soon! I hope.
photos won't be up till March 1st

2 sabers are ambitious but if you have 2, post em. Maybe the same photos and tag them A and B to save upload time with Drew.

What does everyone think about allowing 2 sabers. I'm totally fine with it.
Im fine with 2 being submitted, it’s just for fun at the end of the day, I might be ambitious and try 2

im visiting London this weekend to see my son so we might go junk shop shopping for saber number 2 parts

Oh, and by the way, I had a breakthru on what Rey's new lightsaber should ABSOLUTELY look like. Once I post this we can just end the contest cause this is awesome

This is a new compact design hilt with a built in belt clip. It has the new super jedi YELLOW blade that has an extension feature to go beyond regular saber blade length to attack those at least 25 feet away.

May I present the "winner"

IMG_1621.JPGIMG_1622.JPG

One unfortunate drawback is that while the blade can go out 25 feet, it seems to collapse after 7 feet.

Oh, and by the way, I had a breakthru on what Rey's new lightsaber should ABSOLUTELY look like. Once I post this we can just end the contest cause this is awesome

This is a new compact design hilt with a built in belt clip. It has the new super jedi YELLOW blade that has an extension feature to go beyond regular saber blade length to attack those at least 25 feet away.

May I present the "winner"

View attachment 792248View attachment 792247

One unfortunate drawback is that while the blade can go out 25 feet, it seems to collapse after 7 feet.
you can upgrade to a fat max. Those go out 10 feet:lol

Just submitted my entry after sitting on it for 3 or 4 days. Anyone else? I didn't want to be first (silly superstition thing), but the sabers have been done for a couple weeks and I wanted to officially check it off my project list. I'd love to know if anyone else has submitted... no pressure (there's still lots of time) just curious.

Just submitted my entry after sitting on it for 3 or 4 days. Anyone else? I didn't want to be first (silly superstition thing), but the sabers have been done for a couple weeks and I wanted to officially check it off my project list. I'd love to know if anyone else has submitted... no pressure (there's still lots of time) just curious.

Im going to be last minute.com (ish). Congrats on completing your build and good luck my friend

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back