Show off your Borderlands props!

Here are some photos from my girlfriend's and my Gaige the Mechromancer build from PAX Prime 2013:

1175185_10151894819606948_254950631_n.jpg (Girlfriend Cata out in front of the Gearbox Panel's theater)
buckle_finish.jpg
tumblr_mpnggp43Yt1snhsngo1_1280.jpg
IMAG0326.jpg
tumblr_muc7fwVbNo1snhsngo1_1280.jpg
IMG_9663.JPG(Randy Pitchford holding the shotgun I built, we ended up giving it to Gearbox for a charity auction.)

It was our first full cosplay project and it was a lot of fun. Both to create the outfit and to experience PAX. We're hoping to get to PAX Prime again someday.

-Edited in a couple more photos.

I'm always glad to show off our Borderlands group! These were from DragonCon last year and our friends were Maya and Axton at DragonCon this year.
I'm the DeathTrap and I made the props for my wife,Gaige.

Why didn't you guys come to the shoot? It would have been more awesome!

@batmatrix Thanks for showing off your group! Looks like you guys are having good fun and that's what cosplaying is all about. Love the Deathtrap aswell, I bet that was a lot of fun to make!

@Queadlunn I'm lovin' the props you made for the Gaige cosplay! I'm also quite jealous you got to meet Randy Pitchford in person. Someday, I'll get to meet him... Someday...

Why didn't you guys come to the shoot? It would have been more awesome!

Last year we didn't know about the shoot until after it already happened. It's a shame. As for this year, I don't think they knew there was a shoot, and they didn't have their full costumes. :/ You're right though, it would have been awesome.

@batmatrix Thanks for showing off your group! Looks like you guys are having good fun and that's what cosplaying is all about. Love the Deathtrap aswell, I bet that was a lot of fun to make!

Thanks! It was a lot of fun. Deathtrap wasn't the most fun to wear, but he was a lot of fun to build. I think one of my favorite parts was seeing all the other people with their borderlands costumes too! At the beginning of the day we picked up a Kreig who we had never met, but wanted to tag along. Such a great community.

Woah, how'd I miss this thread?
circuitBurn Only seen a handful of shield builds out there and yours is by far one of the better ones! Digistruct holster and dagger look like they were pasted in from screenshots, simplicity and outlining are perfect.
RobotSpider Wondering when someone would make one of those... definitely going to check out your thread for it.

Got a few props and builds, some unfinished. Bodged together a Thre Dog in a few days to go with a last-minute shotgun midget marauder cosplay for the last day of an anime convention a friend invited me to. Missed a bunch of Borderlands groups that were there on the first two days, but ran into a Salvador so that was cool. Unfortunately blurry photo. Made a step by step of making Thre Dog. Not an enemy weapon, but a favorite unique weapon design.
salvador_marauder.jpgthredog_howto_edited.jpg

Psycho mask started last fall. Sculpted in plasticine, many revisions... Close to finished version seen here with some quick paint. Still missing a lot of details. Want to finish once some other projects are out of the way.
psycho2_testpaint.jpg

Designed a printed shield prism but got hung up on the actual shield... started a bandit grenade (forgot about that one)... Got to pick these back up after the mask is done maybe.
bl2_prism_blue.jpgbl2_banditmirv_test.jpg

Sculpted some belt buckles:
bl2_krieg_buckle3.jpgbl2_sal_buckle1.jpgbl2_sal_buckle_worn.jpg

And then there's this made for my friend:
bl2_bunny_felicia_sexopants.jpg
Don't know how to sew but it kind of looks like that anyway. When you clip the hands together her eye lights up and you can charge low-power usb devices by plugging into her badonkadonk. She's got a booty like POW.

Anyone planning Pre-Sequel cosplays? Thinking of doing a Scav next chance to go to a convention. They released the hi-res turnaround recently and the design looks really cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Gombabomb: Thanks! I spent far too long on that shield haha. I actually got the idea of printing the cores from seeing your posts! I'm super jealous of how your core turned out...I struggled getting good textures inside and didn't even bother to add any outlining.

Are you using modelling clay for the belt buckles? They look really good.

Shameless plug: Here's everything in 360 degrees!

http://www.shelflife.net/cosplay?ph...=Cosplay&utm_medium=share&utm_source=Facebook

@circuitBurn This is no shameless plug... This is awesome! Seriously though, anything Borderlands related is welcome so if you've got any more Borderlands goodies, share em'! The more, the merrier!

@Gombabomb Damn! That's a lot of Borderlands stuff there! As always, thanks for sharing! And BTW, I have some ideas for Pre-Sequel stuff...

@BRDencklau I think I know what's coming...

Here is my favorite shot from the Borderlands Photoshoot at OtaKon this year. I'm the Psycho.

IMG_0872.JPG

Bought the mask as a blank from NetherWolfeDesigns. Did the paint, lenses and straps myself. You can see the shinguards but those are my first attempt at foam armor and weathering.

BRDencklau It's... so pretty, I can't take my eyes off it... This is seriously making me reconsider firing up my old Maliwan project back to life.

Great thread. I love seeing all these badass Borderlands items.

I'll add a couple of mine that I made for our Boom and Bewm costumes (this past DragonCon.)

Torgue rocket ammo packs
rockets.jpg

Bandit throwin' gurnades (WIP and finished)
IMG_20140731_130028.jpgIMG_20140807_105127 posterized.jpg

Nerf mod shotgun for Bewm
IMG_20140513_152944.jpg

So here is something for all you guys making Maliwan SMGs. Looks like Gearbox is putting out a limited Run of their own Full scale replica of Moxxi's Bad Touch

etc-gun-moxxiebadtouch-2.jpg etc-gun-moxxiebadtouch-1.jpg

Just though you guys would want to know.

circuitBurn Thanks! Krieg's buckle was carved from a piece of scrap plaster and Salvador's was sculpted in plasticine. I like subtractive sculpting more, but want to get practice with clay.
smoothrat Is everything EVA and PVC for the most part? Do the grenades have lights or is that just paint? Are you going to post any photos of your costumes too? Those rockets are great.

Just saw the SMG listed in the store today. Looks good, but I don't personally like the design of Maliwan smgs... more partial to the look of Bandit and Torgue.
But just watching some of you building your own and the amazing attention to detail being put in, that got me excited and appreciating the design. Seeing an official replica registers as "meh" to me... just so much more interesting when you see someone lovingly recreating something and posting photos as they go.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back