Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

Comparing TFA with TLJ DVD sales.
TFA DVD sales : 7,434,520
TLJ DVD sales: 3,854,601

Those numbers probably don't factor in the digital purchases of those films? I for one bought all of mine on digital HD. And with DVD's bit by bit going the way of the Dodo bird.

oopps... forgot to quote!

- - - Updated - - -

Based on thousands of fans of the OT who are disgusted with what RJ and KK wanted and depicted in TLJ. It's not rocket science....
Actually, it is.

Because "thousands" (even if that's true) aren't enough when you consider that HUNDREDS of thousands of tickets will sell.

I`m pretty sure I`ve shown that the Disney Star Wars world isnt as peachy as you have been claiming in your posts this morning.

I'm pretty sure you haven't.

- - - Updated - - -

So ignore is just a shallow, pointless gesture on your behalf, got it.:thumbsup

Ignore him, then... and your problem is solved LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Well child I can tell you for a fact

Well.. that's a great tone to start out your comment with.

- - - Updated - - -

McDonald's is the best selling hamburger in the USA.
Does that make it the BEST hamburger in the USA?

If you believe the number on their signs , then yes :)

And in this instance let me say that even though I loved TLJ and I know that you did not...nevertheless I still like you very much :thumbsup

Last edited:

Those numbers probably don't factor in the digital purchases of those films? I for one bought all of mine on digital HD. And with DVD's bit by bit going the way of the Dodo bird.

Those numbers comprise 400,000 DVD`s and 1.2 Million Blu Rays so your right about DVD being a dying market.

Some members can disagree with each other while maintaining a spirit of fraternity and friendship. Others simply cannot. Which is sad.
Despite what Lucasfilm execs might believe, not all of us are toxic simply because we disagree or didn't care for TLJ.

Fortunately, the behaviour I mentioned is very, very limited yet a double standard is still a double standard.

I don't think I've ever called another member a name, or insulted their intelligence, no matter how I've disagreed with them. If anything, I try to be self deprecating. If I have insulted anyone in that way, I apologize.

Some members can disagree with each other while maintaining a spirit of fraternity and friendship. Others simply cannot. Which is sad.
Despite what Lucasfilm execs might believe, not all of us are toxic simply because we disagree or didn't care for TLJ.

There are some very toxic fans out there. I saw someone comment on a YouTube video, saying they hoped that every responsible for making TLJ would get killed! And another who said they would be very happy if they read about Kathleen, Rian and company dieing in a mysterious hot air balloon accident!

And those very same people probably post similar things there about everything they dislike. There`s no more damning evidence and reason to avoid the irrelevant and unregulated cesspit that are You Tube comment sections.

Of course there are toxic fans. I'm not saying there aren't. But I would say that most people aren't wishing death upon Kennedy and Johnson, et al.

But, according to a lot that I've read, Kennedy, Johnson, et al, are not distinguishing the different between the very vocal minority who spit vitriol, and the larger minority who simply didn't care for TLJ. To them, if you didn't care for it, you're a toxic, racist, sexist, misogynistic bigot who is just a butt hurt man baby dudebro, whether it's true or not. In most cases, it's not, but they don't care.

But, according to a lot that I've read, Kennedy, Johnson, et al, are not distinguishing the different between the very vocal minority who spit vitriol, and the larger minority who simply didn't care for TLJ.

Just for clarification: are you saying that you’ve read these things in quotes from Johnson, Kennedy and the others? Or that you’ve read that other people have said Kennedy, Johnson and the others are doing this?

I’ve seen plenty of the latter, in this forum and elsewhere, but I haven’t seen any of the former. In fact, I don’t really think that any of those people (Kennedy, Johnson, Abrams, etc) have really addressed the people with legitimate grievances about the last few films at all. That I think is its own issue: it seems like they’re wasting all their time responding to the people with “negative” reasons for disliking the films (sexist, racist, whatever), when in all likelihood those are the fans who are least likely to want to hear what they have to say.

In essence, I don’t think it’s that people with legitimate criticisms are being “lumped in” with the toxic people, I think they’ve just been left out of the conversation entirely. Which, again, isn’t helpful and isn’t how you go about making positive changes.

I find the time and energy put into this thread astounding. I keep coming back and reading in a fascinating disgust. You don't want to see the car wreck but somehow you can't look away.
When I go see a movie, most of the time I don't know who directed it much less who produces it nor do I care. I go to a movie to be entertained. I don't think I've after come home after a movie and said to my wife, "I just got back from that Ridley Scott film. I can't believe that SOB made such a bad movie! I hope he gets run over by a bus!" When I see a bad film I just say, "Well THAT sucked." And move on with my life. I don't look to place blame. I understand that all movies aren't great. Eventually your going to see some duds. I accept that. But to go out of my to find the people who made that film and wish death upon them?! Why do I care how much the movie made? It doesn't affect ME. I'll never see a penny of that nor will I go bankrupt. Why do I care who made the movie? They don't work for ME, nor am I likely to ever meet them. I've got more important things on my mind that DO effect me. Did I pay my property tax on time? Is it time for my son's flu shot? When is my wife's birthday? What that weird sound my car's making. Those things concern ME.

Nice holier than thou attitude @Funky :rolleyes but clearly people are passionate about these movies and they DO affect them. They just dont for you, and thats ok. Besides, now a days on the social media websites, people say things for shock value to get likes or the "lulz". And besides, their vitriol is ridiculous, and just talk. Now if people were actively trying to get someone killed obviously thats deplorable and they should be dealt with. People need to develop a thicker skin about stuff. The whole idea of "cyber bullying" is the most laughable thing I have ever heard. Some people get frustrated that are in the film industry, and that they could have done a better job. Some people think that if a bad movie is made, with hollywood, tha was it, there is no other chance to make it good. And yes, these are just movies, meant to entertain, but what if your son grows up to idolize some of these characters, ask for you to buy them toys, and he grows up passionate about something and he makes it known, are you going to chastize him for "overreacting"?

I rarely see a movie without knowing who at least directed it first. I'm sure there's plenty more here like me. Hell, if my life hadn't been hideously derailed, it may well have been what I pursued. Not that anything would have come of it.

Nice holier than thou attitude @Funky :rolleyes

Seriously? THAT was your takeaway from my post? That you feel that I think I'm better than everybody else because of what I posted??? Wow.
Perhaps you're right. I'm not suited for this thread. Buh-bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back