New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis

If I might make some suggestions:

1. The emitter face should be flat.... not a beveled surface.

2. If the internal cutaway is accurate, those walls may be too thin. If anyone makes a blade insert, those thin spots make not last if that scale is correct.

Does anyone know what that black shape just under the emitter is? It looks like a thin sheet of metal wrapped around the neck. Or is it just a damaged part of the neck?
b1eee14d029b9c5607319ccfb8f42d4b.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

that there is gaffer tape :)

I also would like to see a flat emitter surface, I always thought it was dented from fencing. Since the radius beneath the emitter lip is the same width as the non-dented part of the emitter.

Dang it! Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!

Should I just put your name on my "pay to the order of "on my payroll checks:facepalm

Looks like I am going to have to buy in, AGAIN!,,,,

Atleast I had the practice from your unibody build.

Actually, this sounds like it is going to be the most accurate V2 period. Can't pass this up. Keep us posted.

Just do us a favor and not begin collecting funds until after the new year. Daddys broke for Christmas

You don't sound too convincing :lol

Well, to be quite frank, I am a bit bummed that it's going to be multi-piece construction for FX reasons. I'm not interested in FX pieces but I am very pleased with how accurate the new model looks. I was really hoping for something much closer to the original prop: it being a 4 piece construction (so far as we know). I mean, if we're going to have multiple pieces, I'd be much more keen on an almost solid emitter with a separate nipple piece, a single body construction down to the pommel, and a separate pommel piece. I don't think it's all that much crazier.

Considering the model presented, the thinness is being addressed, so I don't have much more to add beyond that. If it's possible, I'd like to see a 360 view of the Mystery Chunk that this model has. I'm 90% positive it's a leather craft stamp I have in mind and wonder if the shapes and scale line up.

Last edited:
Well, to be quite frank, I am a bit bummed that it's going to be multi-piece construction for FX reasons. I'm not interested in FX pieces but I am very pleased with how accurate the new model looks. I was really hoping for something much closer to the original prop: it being a 4 piece construction (so far as we know). I mean, if we're going to have multiple pieces, I'd be much more keen on an almost solid emitter with a separate nipple piece, a single body construction down to the pommel, and a separate pommel piece. I don't think it's all that much crazier.

Considering the model presented, the thinness is being addressed, so I don't have much more to add beyond that. If it's possible, I'd like to see a 360 view of the Mystery Chunk that this model has. I'm 90% positive it's a leather craft stamp I have in mind and wonder if the shapes and scale line up.

Good points. I'm wondering if he can offer the FX version, but also offer the none FX with less pieces.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back