Millennium Falcon parts for 3d Printing

So, was every part in the kit used on some model, or are there parts that don't appear at all?

About half the parts are used on something somewhere, but the Sea Lab kit is one of the more used kits from this era. So I figured I'd model all the needed bits.

The source kit I was measuring from was missing part 39, so I'll have to model that later, when I get the part - it was used on the X-wing hero. Also, I know little about the Battlestar Galactica model, so I skipped it's parts as well.

I won't be doing this for every kit, but the Sea Lab is becoming very very scarce.

Not laser cutters, but there are little CNC sheet material cutters used by scrapbookers that can take an SVG vector file and cutout the silhouette.

Silhouette CAMEO Electronic Cutting Tool is about $270.

I've never used one, so I can't vouch for its reliability or accuracy, but it seems like it would do the trick.

Plus it uses a knife, not a laser, so the melting would be less of an issue...

Cheers,
Josh

Little late in replying, but MicroMark just started carrying a laser cutter. It's made to their specifications in China, and it's only sold through MicroMark. Pretty neat little desktop model looks like it would be perfect making parts. It's 220v but you can get a transformer for it. The whole thing goes for 2k plus shipping. Ugh another expensive toy that I must have. :)
Hope this helps!

http://www.micromark.com/microlux-laserknife-2525-laser-cutter-engraving-machine,11921.html

Little late in replying, but MicroMark just started carrying a laser cutter. It's made to their specifications in China, and it's only sold through MicroMark. Pretty neat little desktop model looks like it would be perfect making parts. It's 220v but you can get a transformer for it. The whole thing goes for 2k plus shipping. Ugh another expensive toy that I must have. :)
Hope this helps!

http://www.micromark.com/microlux-laserknife-2525-laser-cutter-engraving-machine,11921.html

Cool! Thanks for the tip!

Do you own any other MicroMark equipment? How is it for quality?

J.

I own some hand tools for bending wire which I like very much. The quality is very good for the hand tools that I have, but I can't speak to any of there power tools. Ive always like Micro Mark. They have a lot of stuff that you just can't get anywhere else. The laser cutter looks pretty neat, but right now I'm putting money aside in my PayPal account to buy a Form1+. Almost bought a makerbot 5th gen printer but I've been hearing about all the problems with their print head. I really want that laser cutter. I make my living as a Cad designer (Solidworks) primarily medical device. Not doing any cad work in my curant contract. I'm strictly a quality engineer in stead of a Mechanical Engineer.

Yeah. I'll post this one eventually. I got about 90% done with the left side and hit a dead end as far as the CAD model was concerned, so I need to go back and redo a bunch of stuff...
I am interested in this part only, the costs I am getting for shapeways parts to ireland are crazy , so I could never afford full printed sides, maybe castings alright. But I would go for this part as it's rare and scaled correctly, as I am building a new hope version of the hasbro falcon this is one of those key identifying features .

I am interested in this part only, the costs I am getting for shapeways parts to ireland are crazy , so I could never afford full printed sides, maybe castings alright. But I would go for this part as it's rare and scaled correctly, as I am building a new hope version of the hasbro falcon this is one of those key identifying features .
Shapeways shouldn't be too expensive for Ireland,....there's a factory for Europe in Netherlands

J

MF_ANH_SeaLab_Parts_02c.233.jpg

All 47 useful SeaLab III files are up. GrabCAD link available on my site.

Cheers,
J

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back