Dark Universe (Justice League Dark)

Re: Dark Universe

begone, begone oh form of man,
arise, the demon Atrigan!

im concerned about this:
They are now feeling they have two pillars. Batman and Superman... There's a foundation that now they can build on."

either he knows something we dont about batman, or otherwise he just said that.if he does know, that would mean the nolan batman will continue into JL

"Dark Universe aka Heaven Sent aka Justice League Dark will feature a team up of such DC characters as Swamp Thing, Etrigan the Demon and John Constantine"

Guillermo del Toro said
He’s finished the bible for the film and hopes to start in on the screenplay soon with an unnamed writer he also hopes to announce soon.

A blond John Constantine will be the lead character who tries to recruit the other heroes.

The story will include elements of the Demon Knights and Merlin.
The team’s origin will be revealed over time instead of presented up front:

Swamp Thing is already at peace with his lot in life and Deadman is still in search of the man who shot him.

Del Toro said that his favorite characters growing up were Etrigan the Demon and Swamp Thing so he’s loving the experience on this film.

Dark Universe is a cool idea, but I really think DC is doing their movies all wrong. If they'd follow the plan that marvel laid out and bring out a few characters and link them together, they'd make a ton of money. I mean, who wouldn't want to see a freaking Martian Man Hunter movie? How about a Wonder Woman movie. The Demon is good enough to have his own movie as well. Lots of good character, but DC doesn't know how to capitalize on them.

Dark Universe is a cool idea, but I really think DC is doing their movies all wrong. If they'd follow the plan that marvel laid out and bring out a few characters and link them together, they'd make a ton of money. I mean, who wouldn't want to see a freaking Martian Man Hunter movie? How about a Wonder Woman movie. The Demon is good enough to have his own movie as well. Lots of good character, but DC doesn't know how to capitalize on them.

I'm not that big on DC, so I could be wrong, but it sounds again like they're trying to copy Marvel. Marvel has the main hero's and have been hitting HR after HR and then launched the avengers to the tune of a billion and DC had to copy it PDQ to cash in. Guardians comes out of left field so to speak and takes the world by storm, DC thinks they've gotta do the same thing, so voila, Dark Universe.

I'd like them to try and do their own thing...Succeed of your own accord, don't ride someone else's coattails.

I'm not that big on DC, so I could be wrong, but it sounds again like they're trying to copy Marvel. Marvel has the main hero's and have been hitting HR after HR and then launched the avengers to the tune of a billion and DC had to copy it PDQ to cash in. Guardians comes out of left field so to speak and takes the world by storm, DC thinks they've gotta do the same thing, so voila, Dark Universe.

I'd like them to try and do their own thing...Succeed of your own accord, don't ride someone else's coattails.

You do realize most marvel characters are copies of Dc characters

I just hope Swamp Thing isn't bad CGI. As bad as they were the makeup in the 2 Swamp movies weren't that bad for him at least.

DC's problem is that they're making almost all bad movies. They want to get where Marvel is right this second, they don't want to take the time and the effort to achieve what Marvel achieved. And they are making all of their movies far, far, far too dark. You can have a dark movie without it being downright depressing which most of their movies are. They have completely thrown out the fun factor. That's why their movies continue to suck.

- - - Updated - - -

You do realize most marvel characters are copies of Dc characters

Done far better and more successfully in most cases.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back