Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

Right, that's what I thought. But I'm not gonna go out and buy a large toy and hope I get lucky lol

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Why do you actually need them? It is not like you have to ship them.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

Minor OCD, I don't like there being four holes in the stand with no use

I found something I think that would work. Search for "clear elastic bands"

I saw some that are are almost 6 inches in diameter. You could cut those and feed it through the holes, tie it and put that underneath the acrylic?

I found something I think that would work. Search for "clear elastic bands"

I saw some that are are almost 6 inches in diameter. You could cut those and feed it through the holes, tie it and put that underneath the acrylic?
Would you mind posting an Amazon link? All I can find are hair bands

Hey Mag fans,

I'm running into something for the second time that's really baffling me. So has anyone come across the V3 or V3.1 having auto shut-off on the lights? I was experiencing this with one of my shoes, so I got a replacement. Now it seems the same thing is happening with not only the new replacement shoe but also the other shoe. Perhaps is just a universal thing? Maybe a battery issue? Seems quite coincidental that the replacement shoe is experiencing the same fault as the previous (and I'm positive they didn't just send me the same shoe back). Maybe it's a particular part from that factory?

Any info I can gather on this would be awesome.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey Mag fans,

I'm running into something for the second time that's really baffling me. So has anyone come across the V3 or V3.1 having auto shut-off on the lights? I was experiencing this with one of my shoes, so I got a replacement. Now it seems the same thing is happening with not only the new replacement shoe but also the other shoe. Perhaps is just a universal thing? Maybe a battery issue? Seems quite coincidental that the replacement shoe is experiencing the same fault as the previous (and I'm positive they didn't just send me the same shoe back). Maybe it's a particular part from that factory?

Any info I can gather on this would be awesome.

Thanks!

I just had a thought. Maybe it was never a faulty shoe issue, but a faulty charger? wizard BTTF, do you sell replacement chargers?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the multiple posts. I read back on some similar issues, but did anyone come up with a definitive fix on this? Battery replacement? Also, is anyone selling the battery with the correct port or do they still need to be soldered?

Again, many thanks!

Sorry for the multiple posts. I read back on some similar issues, but did anyone come up with a definitive fix on this? Battery replacement? Also, is anyone selling the battery with the correct port or do they still need to be soldered?

Again, many thanks!

I can get you a charger if needed. I have batteries in stock that are a direct replacement, they plug directly in. The charger has 2 plugs on it, I would mark one of them with tape so you can see if maybe one of the actual charging leads is bad. Maybe one of the leads is bad and the other isn't. Or if you have a multi meter I'd check the voltage from the charger.

I can get you a charger if needed. I have batteries in stock that are a direct replacement, they plug directly in. The charger has 2 plugs on it, I would mark one of them with tape so you can see if maybe one of the actual charging leads is bad. Maybe one of the leads is bad and the other isn't. Or if you have a multi meter I'd check the voltage from the charger.

Well, I had them both plugged in for a couple hours last night and a couple hours this morning. This morning they both went out after under 10 minutes. So either both leads are bad, or both batteries are bad. Seems unlikely that both batteries are bad. These are quite new. The odd thing is, like I've seen from at least one other person in this thread, I can turn them back on after they go out. So I know the batteries aren't COMPLETELY dead. I think I'll pick up a multi meter and check the charger first. Then I'll see if I need any of those items from you.

It's infuriating how many difficulties we are having with these shoes. Seems like they could be made a bit better without much more expense.

leiter22 Are you wearing or just displaying? The wires are way too fragile for my liking, especially in a shoe that has to bend and twist with walking/running.

Last edited by a moderator:
@leiter22 Are you wearing or just displaying? The wires are way too fragile for my liking, especially in a shoe that has to bend and twist with walking/running.

Only displaying. There is absolutely no reason these should be falling apart already. I've already cut into the sole and swapped an EL out for a brighter one from @WizardBTTF. I just ordered some batteries from him so I'm hoping that's the issue. These literally sit in my office. I turn them on occasionally while I'm working. To turn around and have the lights already going out is driving me bonkers. Won't buy from that guy ever again. IF I ever decide to replace these I'll go another route.

Only displaying. There is absolutely no reason these should be falling apart already. I've already cut into the sole and swapped an EL out for a brighter one from @WizardBTTF. I just ordered some batteries from him so I'm hoping that's the issue. These literally sit in my office. I turn them on occasionally while I'm working. To turn around and have the lights already going out is driving me bonkers. Won't buy from that guy ever again. IF I ever decide to replace these I'll go another route.

Yeah wow, I feel your pain.

My first pair were like that. One shoe was crapping out all the time. Now they don't even have lights, just a fake EL via 3M reflective material.

The replacement pair (when that was actually an offer) are still going. Because I don't wear that pair, I sometimes just leave the charge leads in the sockets and unplug (mine is 0.7mm DC to USB) the UBS end from the power source. It does not seem to affect anything doing this but means I don't need to worry about breaking that very fragile charge port.

Yeah wow, I feel your pain.

My first pair were like that. One shoe was crapping out all the time. Now they don't even have lights, just a fake EL via 3M reflective material.

The replacement pair (when that was actually an offer) are still going. Because I don't wear that pair, I sometimes just leave the charge leads in the sockets and unplug (mine is 0.7mm DC to USB) the UBS end from the power source. It does not seem to affect anything doing this but means I don't need to worry about breaking that very fragile charge port.

yeah, and I am aware that issues are par for the course, but these are not exactly cheap Chinese knockoffs, but rather expensive really. Negative feelings aside, they do look great for the most part (when they’re working), and my EL swap worked perfectly, and now both are bright. So I’ve slready cut into the sole bits on one of them. Might as well the other. Then I’ll have acces. I’ll hope for the best that a battery swap is all it needs.

yeah, and I am aware that issues are par for the course, but these are not exactly cheap Chinese knockoffs, but rather expensive really. Negative feelings aside, they do look great for the most part (when they’re working), and my EL swap worked perfectly, and now both are bright. So I’ve slready cut into the sole bits on one of them. Might as well the other. Then I’ll have acces. I’ll hope for the best that a battery swap is all it needs.

So you have cut through the stroble already? That is the best way to access the batteries?

So you have cut through the stroble already? That is the best way to access the batteries?

By sole, I mean the U shaped cut underneath the insole that has been described on here many times, and yes, I did it to change out the EL on one of them. I am concerned that it's not the battery at all but a switch not maintaining a connection. After they turn off, I can turn them back on. And the amount of time they stay on varies. I just charged them again for a spell today. first attempt, it shut off in under 2 min, second attempt is going on 40 min now.

Who knows, but I'm at a loss.

By sole, I mean the U shaped cut underneath the insole that has been described on here many times, and yes, I did it to change out the EL on one of them. I am concerned that it's not the battery at all but a switch not maintaining a connection. After they turn off, I can turn them back on. And the amount of time they stay on varies. I just charged them again for a spell today. first attempt, it shut off in under 2 min, second attempt is going on 40 min now.

Who knows, but I'm at a loss.
The switch is a momentary switch. It is not an on/off press switch. When you press the switch, it closes the circuit to give the PC board a pulse of power. From there, the PC board controls power to the lights.

These boards can be dodgy as well.

Last edited:
The switch is a momentary switch. It is not an on/off press switch. When you press the switch, it closes the circuit to give the PC board a pulse of power. From there, the PC board controls power to the lights.

These boards can be dodgy as well.

Ah, good to know. I guess if the battery isn't the problem, I'll try the board next

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back