Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

Awesome, thank you for the tip! By chance, do you know if they are pretty much the same shoes that David@sneakerhead has to offer?

I'm curious to know if one is made more durable than the other perhaps?
They are exactly the same. David made us believe that he made them in his factory, but in reality he's just a supplier

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

They are exactly the same. David made us believe that he made them in his factory, but in reality he's just a supplier

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Exactly. Sneakerahead are just resellers.
This is why you had to wait up to a week to see QC pics. They had to buy the shoes with some of the money you sent via WU.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

Whilst wearing a BTTF shirt at a Toy Fair (was looking for Vintage Star Wars), I was asked if I was a fan of the BTTF films by a stall owner.

After a short chat, showing him images on my phone, he gave me this genuine cinema flyer for BTTF2.

What is amazing that this film will be 30 years old next year.

I wasn't wearing my MAGs but kind of wish I had been.
a52460a11bf28d388acb94dc890c4930.jpg
e7fef6a30f2aaa2a6fa6460598542ef3.jpg

I know that there are good products for making small to medium sized repairs on shoes, but what would be recommended for completely assembling a shoe? airmagman has made separate pieces of the MAGs available which I would like to do to make my own pair to my liking. My plan is to use pretty much all of the stock parts to make a pair of V3.1s except for the ankle buckles and clear soles. Cloneprops still sells his accurate ankle buckles on shapeways and by the time I get all these pieces Cavx more than likely will have size 7 clear soles available.

Bttf2>bttf1
?

It is a promo for Part 2, but notice that Jenifer in the image is not ES, rather CW from the first film.

I know that there are good products for making small to medium sized repairs on shoes, but what would be recommended for completely assembling a shoe? airmagman has made separate pieces of the MAGs available which I would like to do to make my own pair to my liking. My plan is to use pretty much all of the stock parts to make a pair of V3.1s except for the ankle buckles and clear soles. Cloneprops still sells his accurate ankle buckles on shapeways and by the time I get all these pieces Cavx more than likely will have size 7 clear soles available.

Do you actually want the hassles of putting these together yourself or just buying a ready to wear pair? You really need a special machine to glue the upper to the sole.

Cloneprops buckle (as cool as it is), it too big for these shoes. I have a pair on hand and really love the shape, but they would need to be 10% or so smaller.

Now that my vacuum form is up and running, I might see if I can vacuum form some from white polyprop. I used ABS last time and it is too rigid. polyprop is flexible, yet strong and light.

It is a promo for Part 2, but notice that Jenifer in the image is not ES, rather CW from the first film.

Do you actually want the hassles of putting these together yourself or just buying a ready to wear pair? You really need a special machine to glue the upper to the sole.

Cloneprops buckle (as cool as it is), it too big for these shoes. I have a pair on hand and really love the shape, but they would need to be 10% or so smaller.

Now that my vacuum form is up and running, I might see if I can vacuum form some from white polyprop. I used ABS last time and it is too rigid. polyprop is flexible, yet strong and light.

If you have an exact size in mind cloneprops will print you buckles to that size. And is it really that difficult that a machine is absolutely required?

If you have an exact size in mind cloneprops will print you buckles to that size. And is it really that difficult that a machine is absolutely required?
They need to be 70mm tall. He initially made files in 3 sizes and then pulled the small from his shape ways store. I bought 2 sets of the medium and they were too big. They did however clip onto the rubber buckle of the V2.

Here is a side view of the CP buckle and my own sculpt that I made from the V3 buckle.
193c2ee25e4cb05ccd99c9dfcdcec86c.jpg

They need to be 70mm tall. He initially made files in 3 sizes and then pulled the small from his shape ways store. I bought 2 sets of the medium and they were too big. They did however clip onto the rubber buckle of the V2.

Here is a side view of the CP buckle and my own sculpt that I made from the V3 buckle. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180508/193c2ee25e4cb05ccd99c9dfcdcec86c.jpg

He now offers the size small again. Its for sizes 8 and 9. But like I said if you have a custom size he can do it for you.

He now offers the size small again. Its for sizes 8 and 9. But like I said if you have a custom size he can do it for you.

It seems the actual part on the shoe is 70mm. His medium was closer to 80mm.

From memory, they were about $50US a set. What are they worth now for small?

Given that he created 3D models for all the parts of his MAG shoe, it would be sweet if I could get just the outer sole printed in at least 5 different sizes so I could mold and cast those in clear rubber.

Hey all,

looking for a bit of advice on my pair of V3 mags. So I picked up this pair on DH Gate a short while ago. At first I thought they were fantastic. Then the lights on one of the shoes would go out on their own even though charged after 10 or so minutes. After finally convincing the seller that there was a real problem, they agreed to replace the one shoe. So when I finally got that replacement I again thought all was good, but today, I noticed that the EL sole panels on the new one are much brighter than the other (the correct brightness IMO, so the old one seems really dim now).

Has anybody come across this? I saw Jedifyfe's tutorial on replacing the panel when it breaks, but I'm wondering if something else can be done considering it technically functions, just more dimly.

Here's a pic.

IMG_6499.JPG

Mag update:

Thanks @WizardBTTF the el panels just came in today and I installed them. They look great and were a great price. Thanks again!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180224/461bf67f4bea8202d75e2c93f062263d.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Not really, I just hooked up the el panel as my original one was too dim. If something happens later down the road I'll upgrade the wiring. But for now it will work.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

well, it looks like at least one person has had this dim EL issue and fixed it with a simple swap of the panel. At any rate, I have no choice but to replace it now anyway. I had the bright idea of seeing if there was a way to access and check the connection via the rubber sole without having to cut the fabric under the insole (despite it being under the insole, my brain doesn’t like the idea of “cutting” any part of a $500 pair of shoes). Long story short, tugging on the panel I ripped it and no more albeit poorly working panel. :( already PM’d WizardBTTF and have verified I can still order a set... hoping to have them in hand soon. Wish me luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
well, it looks like at least one person has had this dim EL issue and fixed it with a simple swap of the panel. At any rate, I have no choice but to replace it now anyway. I had the bright idea of seeing if there was a way to access and check the connection via the rubber sole without having to cut the fabric under the insole (despite it being under the insole, my brain doesn’t like the idea of “cutting” any part of a $500 pair of shoes). Long story short, tugging on the panel I ripped it and no more albeit poorly working panel. :( already PM’d @WizardBTTF and have verified I can still order a set... hoping to have them in hand soon. Wish me luck!

You just have to cut it. Once the insole goes back in you don't see it. Just make sure you use the acetone and infinity Barge cement process described in above posts. It works great! I haven't had any speration from my clear parts from the sole. And I've worn then a bunch of times already.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
You just have to cut it. Once the insole goes back in you don't see it. Just make sure you use the acetone and infinity Barge cement process described in above posts. It works great! I haven't had any speration from my clear parts from the sole. And I've worn then a bunch of times already.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

thats great, thank you! I’ll definitelt PM you. I’m assuming the acetone would be for removing the rubber piece, which I already did with relative ease. Oddly enough they only seemed to be tacked on. I only had to peel apart gently with my fingers. I’d heard of barge and figured I’d go with something like that as opposed to super glue. I prefer to only use that stuff when the application fits. Does barge set clear? Other contact adhesives like weldwood have a yellowish tinge.

thats great, thank you! I’ll definitelt PM you. I’m assuming the acetone would be for removing the rubber piece, which I already did with relative ease. Oddly enough they only seemed to be tacked on. I only had to peel apart gently with my fingers. I’d heard of barge and figured I’d go with something like that as opposed to super glue. I prefer to only use that stuff when the application fits. Does barge set clear? Other contact adhesives like weldwood have a yellowish tinge.

so who was your dhgate seller? experience? and how long for replacement shoe?

You have to get Barge infinity, it will dry clear and quickly. Get a needle bottle applicator so you can apply the Barge precisely.

ac4bd2dec71ddc39885d782b94be79ee.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back