Kylo Ren Saber hollow hilt for electronics

oh no worries Guabe I just up the size of the hilt and reprinted it, I honestly just guessed, and scaled it by .2 or .3mm something not sure what and now it works.:D
i sanded the emitter opening so now the hilt is AWSOMEEEEEEE. and everything fits
have you cost to see how much would it be to get this hilt in metal? Aluminum maybe? is it going to be in the 100s or 1000s dollars?

best
Keivan
It's been a while since ive used cura... however ill look for it.

image1-2.JPGimage2.JPGimage3-2.JPG

Just printed the side spikes on my school printer in translucent plastic. They could be completely clear after processing that was available but I like the foggy look as well as the texture which I think would lend to the unstable look. I may paint it in translucent red but I'm going to wait until my saber is back after installs. Pictures don't pick it up well but light can definitely shine through and each spike will have an LED.

Last edited:
Recently printed v4 emitter on a home printer. 15 hours of printing - and I have this bad-looking result. I will spend many hours to machining with acetone and sandpaper. Maybe something happens.

rbXPhQalYe0.jpg q5tqLmh5_fE.jpg WbYulrgnXcI.jpg YppXn6yUeKE.jpg

guabe, why all parts are hollow? I think it leads to low strength. And, why there are the screws on the sides? I cant see it on celebration model.
Maybe you make this parts in v.5:
1. a stair here

1.jpg

2. this detail is gone

2.jpg

I find very detailed photoes here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/12377578@N07/sets/72157651753119278/page2

Recently printed v4 emitter on a home printer. 15 hours of printing - and I have this bad-looking result. I will spend many hours to machining with acetone and sandpaper. Maybe something happens.

guabe, why all parts are hollow? I think it leads to low strength. And, why there are the screws on the sides? I cant see it on celebration model.
Maybe you make this parts in v.5:
1. a stair here

2. this detail is gone

I find very detailed photoes here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/12377578@N07/sets/72157651753119278/page2

If the parts were solid you would see a lot more warping and distortion in your home print. I expect they are hollow to cut back on Shapeways printing cost - and their "strong and flexible" plastic IS rather strong.

The detail you point out appears to be a mold bubble left over from the stunt casting process which was not cleaned off.

the parts are hollow for electronics, but i can make a solid version no problem...

The V4 version is more like the FX from hasbro... the V2 is more like the celebration. prop.

Last edited:
the parts are hollow for electronics, but i can make a solid version no problem...

The V4 version is more like the FX from hasbro... the V2 is more like the celebration. prop.

I mean this parts:

Screenshot_1.jpg

The detail you point out appears to be a mold bubble left over from the stunt casting process which was not cleaned off.

You think it is casting model? It is written on the label "3D print".

I mean this parts:

View attachment 548419

You think it is casting model? It is written on the label "3D print".

I feel like the consensus is it's a rubber stunt cast. It has a molding seam line going up the side as well as the "droop" on the emitters. The Hero is what they're likely referring to, which was more than likely 3d printed and then cast in something more durable than what we say Celebration.

What software are you using? maybe the STL file is corrupted because the original 3d model is solid in that area and not hollow.
I open STL with 'Cura'. Both files (v.2 & v.4) are hollow inside (even the side tubes are hollow inside).

1MPd1a6FTyY.jpg

Files has been printed not by me, and I dont know what kind of software he use.

Last edited:
oh i see the problem, its the representation on the screen that seems that they are hollow but they are not. I think many people here have printed them at home and shapeways and the walls are solid.

I am working on V5 right now.

v5emmiter01.jpg

v5emmiter02.jpg

v5emmiter03.jpg

Last edited:
oh i see the problem, its the representation on the screen that seems that they are hollow but they are not. I think many people here have printed them at home and shapeways and the walls are solid.
My version is hollow, 100%. Some pieces of support making sound inside hilt when I shake it.
V5 is amasing. Easy to print and to manipulate.

If the side parts could be pull out, you can make them without holes down below. Just modify spikes.

Last edited by a moderator:
My version is hollow, 100%. Some pieces of support making sound inside hilt when I shake it.
V5 is amasing. Easy to print and to manipulate.

If the side parts could be pull out, you can make them without holes down below. Just modify spikes.

Ill print this at home later today to see if this one does the same...

Last edited by a moderator:
printbot simple metal but I use simplify3d software. Im not at home right now but I will print it once i get there... Ill try the side ports first.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back