A L I E N FIVE Neill Blomkamp's ALIEN movie

James cameron is really a quarter time director.

In the last 28 years he has directed 4 movies which is quite a pitiful number given his wealth and talent. He really is a lazy film maker.

Ridley in comparison is a director who isnt fussy. He gets the job done quickly.
He is quick and efficient.
One of the most efficient today.

Maybe they can collaborate one day.

You raise some very interesting points there airair.

The description of Scott is pretty much spot on. Some could argue that some of his work has suffered because of that but it can also be argued that it is a strength that has produced some of his best work.

Maybe a little harsh on Cameron as two of those four movies are the biggest movies in all history, cant sit through either of them but also couldnt begin to imagine how that would feel. He has got into the whole exploration thing as well and produced some remarkable achievements in that area. If Disney try to pull any crap on him with the upcoming Avatar projects, I wouldnt want to be in their shoes.

A collaboration? Wow, now thats something to think about for sure.
Pretty much impossible though as two such powerful and independent film makers with equal sized egos would at the least, clash.

Also, I dont think they like each other very much. Cameron was asked a few years ago if he would direct Blade Runner 2 and his response was "Why should I clear up Ridleys mess again"...WOW.

Cameron was asked a few years ago if he would direct Blade Runner 2 and his response was "Why should I clear up Ridleys mess again"...WOW.

There is no way this is referring to having the honor of following up one of the biggest milestones in sci-fi and horror history, is it? Please tell me he isn't referring to Alien/Aliens.

If he is, that may be one of the worst statements I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Cameron has other projects he care about: deep see diving is one of them;) and it takes years to plan, build and dive to make it successful! Avatar anybody???? Back to back filming of Avatar, ep.2, 3, 4 in 3-D is no small work (+ the Avatar Ride at Disney)...nope, me think James is a busy guy:D...like SRS!
Now, I'm sure Ridley is busy because...well, he has less life in front of him than behind him and that's a great motivator!

Cameron has other projects he care about: deep see diving is one of them;) and it takes years to plan, build and dive to make it successful! Avatar anybody???? Back to back filming of Avatar, ep.2, 3, 4 in 3-D is no small work (+ the Avatar Ride at Disney)...nope, me think James is a busy guy:D...like SRS!
Now, I'm sure Ridley is busy because...well, he has less life in front of him than behind him and that's a great motivator!

Ridley`s busy because he keeps getting hired. He`s a wanted man.

Cameron's a pretty fascinating character. I haven't personally rated any of his movies since True Lies, and even that in a popcorn sense. But he keeps beating the nay-sayers and producing movies that seem to capture the zeitgeist and make a whole ton of money. He sure takes his time about it and upsets a lot of folk on the way, but he's yet to make a wrong call (with the possible exception of the The Abyss).

There's been a lot of think pieces regarding the new Avatar movies, with the strong suggestion that the original was hugely successful, but left little cultural impact. Similarly, the Terminator franchise is widely regarded as being creatively milked dry. It's going to be really interesting to see if he really has been out of the industry too long, or if once again he ends up calling the shots. He's certainly a very different film maker to Scott, but heading into a similarly fraught area of re-visiting past victories that seem to have no-where left to go.

SRS has enough money to finance his own gig:behave All he would need is a distribution Company once the film is done...Maybe SRS should experiment with the same drugs H.R. Giger was taking; now you're talking "Dark";)

SRS has enough money to finance his own gig:behave All he would need is a distribution Company once the film is done...Maybe SRS should experiment with the same drugs H.R. Giger was taking; now you're talking "Dark";)

I`m assuming Disney has a strict No Drugs policy...talent like Giger probably wouldnt make it through the front door sad to say. We all lose.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back