Rogue One Death Trooper 3D model

Re: Rogue One Death Trooper CG&Foam Build

What scale is the pepakura helmet?

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk
The Pepakura helmet isn't 1:1 proportions as it's still not updated to match the SWC references like the 3D printing files do.
Has anyone done the paper build effectively yet?
None of the Pepakura buyers have sent me their builds, but it has been 3D printed. Here are the prints so far:
FB_IMG_1480785295950.jpg
By Skygunbro-Custom-Creatures
received_1406572566020473.jpeg
By one of my customers

And according to them the file has no issues while printing.

Dang I'm trying to decide to do shore trooper or death trooper paper helmet build because they both take significant time to build, and I am very inexperienced with pepakura. I would think shore trooper is easier and was checking if people had trouble with a fairly detailed death trooper model from building to painting on the glossy finish.

The Pepakura helmet isn't 1:1 proportions as it's still not updated to match the SWC references like the 3D printing files do.

None of the Pepakura buyers have sent me their builds, but it has been 3D printed. Here are the prints so far:
View attachment 695188
By Skygunbro-Custom-Creatures
View attachment 695187
By one of my customers

And according to them the file has no issues while printing.

Dang I'm trying to decide to do shore trooper or death trooper paper helmet build because they both take significant time to build, and I am very inexperienced with pepakura. I would think shore trooper is easier and was checking if people had trouble with a fairly detailed death trooper model from building to painting on the glossy finish.
Accurate pepakura version would be really complicated, which is why I sort of ditched it for a 3D printing version. I'm planning to at least try make a build-able file though

I do think the pepakura would be hard, but I don't own a 3d printer. There are some files for purchase so I guess I better start

Accurate pepakura version would be really complicated, which is why I sort of ditched it for a 3D printing version. I'm planning to at least try make a build-able file though

I am interested in the foam templates as well. If I could get those I would be able to finish this suit in a week! I have been planning and making templates for myself for almost a month now. Do you plan on finishing the foam templates?

Any update on that foam template?
I am interested in the foam templates as well. If I could get those I would be able to finish this suit in a week! I have been planning and making templates for myself for almost a month now. Do you plan on finishing the foam templates?
Hi! Apologies for late replies, this thread usually gets lost and I can't get this site to email me on new replies. Unfortunately no, I don't know how I can get around optimizing those details for foam or even cardstock building.

-----------------
3D printing file updated! Buy it from CGTraders
- More accurate
- Easier to print and assemble via lego like teeth between adjacent parts that snap right into each other
- Ready for electronics installation with all the necessary holes for wiring and plenty of space inside
- Clean optimized wall thickness for durability
- Free slicing according to your print volume, just shoot me a PM!

View attachment 755992
View attachment 755993
View attachment 755997
View attachment 755995
View attachment 755996

V1 that it's based on:
View attachment 755998

Edit: Umm, is there a way to make images in the post rather than attachment links?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back