Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

Just as beautiful as the original,.....the positives & negatives on both equal out for me

J

I dunno, J. I may have to make a moral stand and insist that the OOF (the Original Original Falcon) is the only true Falcon, which would make the Rogue Studios Replica a "Special Edition." ;)

I'm messin' with ya. :cheers

I dunno, J. I may have to make a moral stand and insist that the OOF (the Original Original Falcon) is the only true Falcon, which would make the Rogue Studios Replica a "Special Edition." ;)

I'm messin' with ya. :cheers

Ha,....I'm actually happy that there's a healthy fully detailed one to be along side the original,....I'd rather that than having the original touched up

I just wish the CG asset was more like this one, without all the extra pipework

J

I just wish the CG asset was more like this one, without all the extra pipework

J

The TFA Falcon can be forgiven since the ship is supposed to be 30 years older. A few extra pipes and new panels are to be expected. In fact, there probably should've been more changed, IMHO. It remains to be seen how successfully the asset will be revised for the Han Solo movie and whether it looked any different during Lando's ownership. Han did say he made modifications, but whether those will be obvious visually is another question. Maybe Lando's version had a triangular radar dish. :sick

Surely Lando's version will be more stylish. At least on the interior.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The TFA Falcon can be forgiven since the ship is supposed to be 30 years older. A few extra pipes and new panels are to be expected. In fact, there probably should've been more changed, IMHO. It remains to be seen how successfully the asset will be revised for the Han Solo movie and whether it looked any different during Lando's ownership. Han did say he made modifications, but whether those will be obvious visually is another question. Maybe Lando's version had a triangular radar dish. :sick

I agree. Some better plating would have been quite nice. And maybe forgo the radar dish altogether. Remember when cell phones had antennae?

As it is, the new radar dish reminds me of threepio's red arm

- - - Updated - - -

Full price without shipping

This is a PREORDER RESERVATION and it is expected in December 2017. Please see the Preorder instructions below..

YOUR PRICE $339.95

Retail Price: 399.95

NOTE: This is an expensive kit and we are requiring a $150 non-refundable down payment. After you place your preorder, we will send you an invoice through Pay Pal for $150. The balance will be due at the time the kit is in stock.

Shipping Estimates (subject to change)

South Eastern USA

• Priority/Parcel $12
Central/Northeast USA

• Priority $25.00
Western USA

• Priority $60.00
  • Parcel $25.00
Canada

• Priority International $60
Europe/Japan/Australia/New Zealand

• Priority International $80

December????

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't mind the new dish,....it's just all the extra piping on the sidewalls that I'm disappointed about,....perhaps in-universe it's acceptable,....but not aesthetically,...they cover most of the greeblies

But,.....thankfully the new Bandai 72 is based on the Falcon I love

J

I agree. Some better plating would have been quite nice. And maybe forgo the radar dish altogether. Remember when cell phones had antennae?

As it is, the new radar dish reminds me of threepio's red arm

- - - Updated - - -

December????
I don't know. Whenever I take off the dish and look at it I feel like it looks unbalanced.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

No worries! Of all the options currently available to us this is by far the best option for those of us who don't need the kit immediately or who live in places that will have to order internationally anyway :D

Yup. Works perfectly for me. Have time to save up and, perhaps, sell my Finemolds kit. And yes, that's the best price I've found anywhere. $60 shipping to Canada is probably also a bargain as I suspect the box will be neither small or light.

Very happy! :D

I don't know. Whenever I take off the dish and look at it I feel like it looks unbalanced.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I would still want something there. Maybe a radar "nub" (like the sharkfin on the top of my car, compared to the antennae that used to be there) or even a gun turret.

It seems to me that after Jedi, Han's status was probably elevated for a time. And the Falcon became a hero vessel for the new republic. One would think that it would have probably been outfitted for a more military purpose.

I just made my preorder reservation from cultman, but there was no dollar figure with it. It just sent me a confirmation email that said all payment is due when item is ready to ship.

Is that strange? It didn't even ask me to enter any payment info

I just made my preorder reservation from cultman, but there was no dollar figure with it. It just sent me a confirmation email that said all payment is due when item is ready to ship.

No, it's not strange. Thats how it's worked before when I've pre-ordered from them. It's preferable to paying up front and waiting for months, if you ask me.. They send an email asking you to confirm the order and make the payment when it's in stock....

You'll get another email to make a $150 down payment via PayPal invoice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't you rather pay $339.95 at Culttvman? Shipping in some parts of the US is a pittance and most expensive is $25.

Lucky for the US buyer. If I order this from Cult my shipping cost is US$80 to Brunei. I'm still waiting for HLJ or Amazon.co.jp to put this up for pre-order (finger crossed).

Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

Seems as though the average price is $400.

10% code at USA gundamstore brings the price down to $400 as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back