Battle starship

Okay, sorry! Then I will not even mention any crazy ideas for a refueling station. :devil

But seriously, it's very cool that you were already thinking about those things. I should have known!

Getting caught up after being off grid for two weeks. Astounding! Stunning! Absolutely jaw dropping! Magnificent! (I'm beginning to sound like the Hobbit praising Smaug) I don't have words to adequately express my delight and amazement as your creations unfold (or should I say fold - flat sheet metal to beautiful -semi WORKING- mechanical assemblies) before my eyes. The landing gear is (prepare for understatement) ...phenomenal! :cool:cool:cool Your garbage smasher salvage collection is art waiting to be organized.

That ship looks so freaking cool sitting there on its own structure!

Soooo... Boarding ramp is already in progress. Refueling station has been mentioned. I'm not going to let you forget the radome/observation platform on the top side. :devil
I have to do my part to keep this going a little longer. :angel

Hagoth-san,
Thank you very much for your phenomenal honorable praises which could make me wanna dance and sing all night.:$

....But....
Gas station? Sight seeing deck?
How about suggest me to build a Ferris wheel or hot dog stand next week?
Guys! I will never build anything coming to your naughty mind anymore. :angry:facepalm

My mom used say 'stay away from bad boys'.
God help me,

katsu

Man, that landing gear is really awesome looking. I normally don't care to add landing gear to a model, as I prefer it to be in flight. But having working gears and all just really makes it crazy good. I'd really think you could totally design full size ships like this,....that really work.

ooh yeah!

If you want to start to learn something new, there's no word of too late.:darnkids

Man, that landing gear is really awesome looking. I normally don't care to add landing gear to a model, as I prefer it to be in flight. But having working gears and all just really makes it crazy good. I'd really think you could totally design full size ships like this,....that really work.

:eek:lolThank you very much, Michael-san!

OK, most of the major part of this build has been finished and this project is almost done by now.
Of course, there must be some more detailing and fixing any flaw here and there
but I've just taken some pictures to see how does she looks like now.
So, I carry her to the living room and put on a dining table.
I need to see her from a little distance.
Let her standing on her own feet to get a good measurement for boarding lift and cargo ramp.
Also, maybe this will be the last time to show you the bare metal condition.

deyWxJo.jpg

xrcV2Pv.jpg

ybFhvYp.jpg

JCJm5pW.jpg

RJHYEdO.jpg

8wV4QLW.jpg

CBXNHvE.jpg

01Cp2qb.jpg

o8WJkup.jpg

cxLXZiC.jpg

XSp9wXP.jpg

jgk8TdM.jpg

JE5RidL.jpg

JCJm5pW.jpg

8ZS9vuo.jpg

VSX8T2G.jpg

K2RBi0x.jpg

6GxgpNQ.jpg

2VXv7DW.jpg

YnBkZg1.jpg

RffMIwl.jpg

01Cp2qb.jpg

ytMKoj8.jpg

SpE4paH.jpg

XqR7wgm.jpg

jgk8TdM.jpg

Thank you very much for looking.

hKCGaqt.jpg

katsu

Domo arigato gozaimasu - Katsu san ! :love .

When you’ve got some free time ! ..., could you please guestimate how many pieces ( parts ) went into this Incredibly Sublime Build ... and have you settled on a name for her yet ?
Just curious :p...

(y)cheersGed .

p.s. in post #853 , I wasn‘t suggesting that the landing gears be motorised ( though it’d be cool ! ) , but rather that , the amount of effort and detail you put into them - as with all aspects of this ship actually , is such that - I wouldn’t be surprised if certain features were articulated at the press of a button - such is your skill of making something , out of nothing ! :lol;)

Agreed, it truly is a thing of beauty, Katsu-san. The landing gear really shows off the wonderful profile. Every section has so much personality.

Part of me is sad that the metal surface is going away but I know whatever you have planned will be amazing.

Absolutely gorgeous. The number of pieces you've fabricated for this model is staggering.

Very interested to see how you choose to paint/detail/finish her.

BTW, have you picked a name yet?

A beautiful feast for the eyes! Can't wait to see what you do with colors.:popcorn

No more suggestions from this bad boy.:angel:D

Domo arigato gozaimasu - Katsu san ! :love .

When you’ve got some free time ! ..., could you please guestimate how many pieces ( parts ) went into this Incredibly Sublime Build ... and have you settled on a name for her yet ?
Just curious :p...

(y)cheersGed .

p.s. in post #853 , I wasn‘t suggesting that the landing gears be motorised ( though it’d be cool ! ) , but rather that , the amount of effort and detail you put into them - as with all aspects of this ship actually , is such that - I wouldn’t be surprised if certain features were articulated at the press of a button - such is your skill of making something , out of nothing ! :lol;)

Dream on! Ged-san.:D

Her name is Cyclops.
The total number of the parts are 4358 pieces including my nose hair.

Absolutely beautiful.

Thanks, Tom-san!

Agreed, it truly is a thing of beauty, Katsu-san. The landing gear really shows off the wonderful profile. Every section has so much personality.

Part of me is sad that the metal surface is going away but I know whatever you have planned will be amazing.

Thanks, Bones-san. I will paint it in early February,
I hope if I can paint this not to kill the metal taste.

Absolutely gorgeous. The number of pieces you've fabricated for this model is staggering.

Very interested to see how you choose to paint/detail/finish her.

BTW, have you picked a name yet?

Thanks! Name is Cyclops.

Truly amazing. I love the landing gear.

Thank you, SCUDMAN-san.
Oh, I want just a bit of your precise crafting skill.

Noooooooooooooo! :cry

It looks amazing Katsu-san!!!

You are a true master-builder.. Respect!

Thank you always, Caretaker10-san

A beautiful feast for the eyes! Can't wait to see what you do with colors.:popcorn

No more suggestions from this bad boy.:angel:D

Good boy, good boy...
:lol Thanks

A true work of art!

IN a way i kind of like the bare metal finish. Curious to see what you have planned for it color wise

Thanks, I will paint it as metallic touch.

This is truly stunning! Can't wait to see what you have planned for paint!

Any idea how heavy it is?

Thanks, Zuiun-san.
Now she is 11 pounds.

Today is a Saturday here.
My wife took me to the super market to buy a week supply of foods and drinks.
So, I had only 3 hours for the model.

I made a couple of boarding lifts today.

When it's retracted, the size of it is 1" wide x 1.2" high.

MeS7pbl.jpg

The 1st shaft.

EG6Uswo.jpg

and the 2nd shafts.

goOyHzU.jpg

The length will be up to 3 1/2 inches.

GmNpqM9.jpg

h1K5zLv.jpg

1kziUKz.jpg

i9wOKpk.jpg

it's a bit fancy for a battleship isn't it.

Tomorrow, I will insert the elevator cage and put a couple of figures inside.

Thank you very much for looking.

katsu

Last edited:
Never disappointed. Fits nicely in style with the landing gear. Well done!

Elevator cage should not look like a bank deposit tube... :lol
The very fact that I had this run through my mind means it will not be used by your own decree! Right? :angel

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back