My first build (deago ESB SS Falcon!)

FullSizeRender(5).jpgFullSizeRender(6).jpgFullSizeRender(7).jpg

Got the front SB hull done, was stoked to finally see the plating overhang on the mandibles, love the look and was really clunky on the Deago with the thick plates.

Was great finally getting some of the parts bashed onto the sidewalls of the turret so much stuff has been put off until this re plating happened that its really starting to speed up now haha, there are a couple panels where the notches ended not lining up right so I'll probably pull the offending panel and redo it but all in all its coming along!
FullSizeRender(9).jpgFullSizeRender(10).jpg

This is hands down my favorite tool on this project! A 3/16" inch square punch! It wasn't easy to find or cheap but man was it worth every penny!!

IMG_5533.JPG

FullSizeRender(14).jpgFullSizeRender(13).jpgFullSizeRender(12).jpgFullSizeRender(11).jpg

Thanks Bwize:D Yeah its getting really fun seeing big chunks of it start to come together, got a lot done on the mandible so far, bottom is plated up and just need pipes and pits, those pits on this side are tough to see not much ref but I think I have most of the main parts figured out. Waiting on a couple kits from Ebay to finish out this sidewall:p Was fun getting all the Entex stuff on there and laid out!

Hey ktaylor, are you still planning on releasing those awesome custom engine flaps?

Yes! I recently got the kits for the arms and the square block at the back so I'll have a mold for the fully assembled part soon, should be within the next couple weeks, there are a couple in accuracies in the flap that I want to fix as well.

Cool, thanks so much. I hope I am able to pick up a set when they become available as they look absolutely fantastic!

Used 1/4" aluminum tubing to house the LED, it slides in nice and snug! Backed with some milliput and electrical tape, nice for light blocking. Using the justPlug lighting controller so can control the brightness to the led, great for getting it just right for photography!

FullSizeRender (3).jpgFullSizeRender (2).jpgIMG_6186.JPGIMG_6185.JPG

Setting up the inner mandible walls, after I glued it in I noticed that the cut chassis parts actually lined up originally and have only sagged and got out of alignment over time, gonna straighten those up a bit, gah and clean up some of that glue!! man I never notice some of this stuff until I see pics hahah really helps to check things over.

Having a hell of a time finding that little box part that sits at the end of the Tube that goes there in the middle ; | anyone ever ID that piece?? I assume its not part of the tube as it doesn't look like a tank gun which I initially thought it was.
PortmandInside.jpg

FullSizeRender (1).jpgIMG_6241.JPGIMG_6239.JPG

Getting there! This is a tough piece to get just right since the arms tilt slightly up and aren't parallel to the hull, a bit steep in this test but not by much, getting closer! Hopefully I'll have a master ready to cast by tomorrow...

IMG_6388.JPGIMG_6392.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I decided to go with the flat back to keep it in line with the SS model even though I kinda liked the first proto that had the flap overhang.

IMG_6389.JPG

Finally got this part assembled, only took 3 tries to get it where I wanted! This is as close as I could get to the original part assembly, it's heavily cut and sanded from 5 different kit parts. The things I like the most about this over the deago supplied part is that the arms actually angle up away from the hull towards the ends and look more aggressive than the really flat parallel ones from deago. Also I love the fins there is a lot going on with them that the deago just completely ignored.

Now that that I have these 8 masters I'll get them cleaned up and make a new mold from them so I can pull 8 at a time.

IMG_6462.JPGIMG_6463.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back