Your number one WORST film ever.

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.

Gary Oldman up to this point could do no wrong in my eyes. This film was the first film I'd ever seen where I actually contemplated leaving early.

Knowing. So bad it physically hurt.
Any Star Wars after ESB
Edge of Darkness (Remake - Mel Gib-shunerrferrrshrrrrf!!)
10 For X = 1
20 Print "Fast & Furious":X
30 X=X+1
40 GOTO 20

I've list count of the number of films made by The Asylum that I have turned off before the end, as being virtually unwatchable but in the cinema, the first Cabin Fever was the one I walked out on, with the thought that, no, it's nit going to get any better.

Highlander : the source for me. I know the franchise started going downhill after the first movie but the last one was just pitiful :(

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

That was the one they showed on Sci Fi channel, right? Where he had the butterfly knives? I'm not even sure that I made it to the end of that one.

Blair Witch 2: Book of Shadows
It is so awful. No matter what you think of the first one, love or hate, the second one is trash. There is this scene where this bird flies through the window or something and everyone is like, "hmmm, that's peculiar" and then they just move on to something else. Like, really? lol

Also, Disney's Pocahontas is trash. It's horrible!

For me it would either be 'Final Destination' or 'Hell's Labyrinth'. The latter being so bad it is the standard by which me and my S.O. compare all other bad movies.

Worst adaptation: 'Eragon'

Most recent watch that wasted too many minutes of my life: 'Vampire's Kiss'. Dam* you Hulu expiring soon list!

P.S. Seriously, I'd dare anyone to watch Hell's Labyrinth and not at least consider it as the worst movie you've ever seen; but it's so bad I really have to warn people to NOT waste their time on it. I don't care if you can stream it for free, or pick it up from the freebie bin at a garage sale. Don't do it! This isn't like the raccoon commercial "OMG this is awful! You've got to try it!" I don't care if you think you can get through any movie with enough mind altering substances and/or friends; those won't help. It's so bad, even the Devil himself won't allow it into Hell to torture people with. There's like three total actors in it (can't remember for sure,) the CG background is repetitive, the dialogue is the worst I've ever heard in a movie, and the monster effects are so cheesy it's not even laughable. It would take no less then $1M to get me to watch that film again. Seriously, $1 short and I'd say no. (Well, okay.... maybe I could actually be talked into it for that amount, but I would definitely hesitate. *starts rocking back and forth with her arms wrapped around her knees*)

Last edited:
Freddy Got Fingered....Nuff said....

I never would have watched that, but some young cousins were watching it at a family party (I know, right?!) and I got to see the zebra scene while socializing. Priceless. Pretty much worth the mental trauma just for that. It had me laughing for so many years. My S.O. and I could make each other giggle any time we broke out the line "Look at my hooves." Popped it out at so many inappropriate moments just to mess with each other. Business calls, funeral homes, you name it. Ah, good times.

Oh yeah I forgot...

Twilight.

FORCED to watch that one. :sick

Kevin

I actually liked that enough that I stopped refusing to even give the books a try. They seemed soooooo boring and I rebel against socially popular things for the most part. It was a piece in the puzzle that helped me figure out that I like Catherine Hardwicke's directing. A lot. (Didn't care for the other three films. they just felt like they were missing something.) The color/shading work she did for 'Twilight' and 'Red riding Hood' had me breathless. So beautiful. I wish she'd direct more films that I'd be interested in. (and yes, I did eventually read all four Twilight books... Loved the first one, but it went downhill from there. They got worse as they went along. imo. For any one who even cares; my favorite character was Seth. He was pretty much the only one who wasn't whiny about his situation.)

...TWILIGHT!!!!!
JUST HORRIBLE! UGH IF ANYONE EVER MENTIONS TWILIGHT IN A GOOD WAY I WILL VERBALLY ABUSE YOU THROUGH A PM!

*waits for her verbal abuse from Shade*

Last edited:
The Happening....need i say more?

*gasps* That is probably in my top 50 favorite movies. I hear so many people that say they hated it, but have yet to hear reasons why.

It kept me captivated the whole way through and I loved the ending. It's been too long since I last watched it to remember specifics, but I know I was recommending it to everyone I knew. Been meaning to rewatch it. Who knows, maybe my tastes have changed like with some other films, but on this one I doubt it.

Any movie with the name Harry Potter in the title !

*laughs*

Although I don't think they are the worst movies ever made, they certainly are horrible. There were some great actors, but it couldn't make up for the bad directing. and so much was lost from the books. Would have been much better if it had been a TV series.

They've tried kicking me out of the fandom for spewing such blasphemy, and revoked my member card, but I'm still there. ;- )

*laughs*

Although I don't think they are the worst movies ever made, they certainly are horrible. There were some great actors, but it couldn't make up for the bad directing. and so much was lost from the books. Would have been much better if it had been a TV series.

They've tried kicking me out of the fandom for spewing such blasphemy, and revoked my member card, but I'm still there. ;- )

LOL, yes, I agree. They weren't totally unwatchable, but compared to the hype that is generated for them, thats not saying much. I don't care much for witches, due to certain personal beliefs, which I can't discuss on the forum ;-) But even beyond that, the movies were so plodding and long, they just bored me. Great special effects for sure, wasted on these movies, Imho. I would much rather see other books made into movies with such great effects. I think it's similar to the Twilight movies. Alot of hype, but not much payoff. Guess you have to be a teenage girl to get into that stuff. You are right about the acting as well. Those " kids" can act their tails off. Again wasted on Harry Potter ;-)

Great post!

I just don't go for strait up "borring".There are lots of borring films out there. I'm not claiming to be an authority on writing, but there are allot of factors that make or break a film,or even a well written comic book or novel for that matter. You need to have a really captivatiing story or subject and it has to grab your auidence from the get go. You need to have really well written characters. There has to be something about them that is really interesting or captivates you,even if its unspoken for a time.You also need good dialog.A badly written screenplay can also sink an Oscar winning actor/actress.A film that is all special FX like say... "Transformers" or one of the Star Wars prequels gets old FAST. You just can't bedazzzle your audience with over the top action, explosions, CG and expect it to make your film because you have nothing plot wise to fill in the dead space.Showing off how huge of a budget you have to play with isn't going to keep audiences coming back.Only a few of "the sheep" out there are mesmorized by those things.One-liners only work for so long.They are dated a bit and its been done so much in the past it honestly doesn't really do the trick anymore.You can take a simple subject or plot with well rounded characters and developed story and have a really great film, but just as easily you can have a vague subject or undeveloped plot w/an Oscar actors/actresses playing the main roll(s) with horrid dialog and flat 1 dimensional character and the movie will suck every time. Its a fine line writing a great screenplay, but Hollywood being the money machine iot is rarely cares about quality and only how much of a profit and return they get out of the films produced and only an elite few really *hit the mark*.

Many of the things I think about when I consider if I thought a movie was good or bad, not just if I liked it.

Many movies I hate or found to be boring, that I still wouldn't list here. I can see their value, that someone else may like them. A movie really has to have no or very few redeeming qualities before I would consider it "thee worst."

LOL, yes, I agree. They weren't totally unwatchable, but compared to the hype that is generated for them, thats not saying much. I don't care much for witches, due to certain personal beliefs, which I can't discuss on the forum ;-) But even beyond that, the movies were so plodding and long, they just bored me. Great special effects for sure, wasted on these movies, Imho. I would much rather see other books made into movies with such great effects. I think it's similar to the Twilight movies. Alot of hype, but not much payoff. Guess you have to be a teenage girl to get into that stuff. You are right about the acting as well. Those " kids" can act their tails off. Again wasted on Harry Potter ;-)

I was more drawn to the work of Maggie Smith and and Alan Rickman in those. But I suppose it was because of being a fan of theirs for years. On the bright side, we did get Emma Watson out of the deal; I have enjoyed some of her other work. Found the movie Wild Target because of Rupert Grint, and enjoyed that. As for Mr Radcliffe... He creeps me out immensely. But indeed, their amazing work off of the HP franchise, just proves how bad the directing was.

I was more drawn to the work of Maggie Smith and and Alan Rickman in those. But I suppose it was because of being a fan of theirs for years. On the bright side, we did get Emma Watson out of the deal; I have enjoyed some of her other work. Found the movie Wild Target because of Rupert Grint, and enjoyed that. As for Mr Radcliffe... He creeps me out immensely. But indeed, their amazing work off of the HP franchise, just proves how bad the directing was.

Yep, but creepy is perfect for a male witch, ;-)

Tried to watch Dune the other night......lasted an hour before switching off.

Not read the books so don't know if that was an issue.

What on earth Patrick Stewart and Sian Phillips was thinking of other than a cheque I have no idea...

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back