Back to the Future Makes/Models of screen accurate props Opening Scene

Footog23

Hey everyone, I was working on gathering items for a short film project I was producing. I have found many many screen accurate props from the original film. All from the opening scene. My project has fallen through and I am not sure Ill be able to get it produced in time(ironic isn't it?). I have many clocks, a can opener, the video camera, timers, radio, coffee maker(w/timer), radio, coffee mug and sugar jar. All screen accurate and all the models used in the opening scene...I no longer have any use for them...is there a good place I can post these to sell to people who have a need for these props? I know ebay is one option...but they are a pain. Is there a better option for fans to find this type of item?

I can post pics and descriptions too if it helps? Just looking for guidance from the experts here at the RPF. Thanks!

Last edited:
Toaster Timer 1.JPG
Toaster Timer 2.JPG
I am having the hardest time finding a make/model for the "Toaster Timer". These are photos taken of screen grabs, so I apologize about the terrible quality. I'm sure you all know what I am referring to. ;) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Any help is appreciated, getting desperate here. Is there another forum I could be possibly be requesting help in?

If you want info on the clocks check out the BTTF clock thread I posted. I have many of the clocks and posted the models of the ones I have.
I think Roland was working on the dog food can label at some point I have been looking for one for years now. I don't know the model of the toaster timer as ive never had interest in it.
There are so many items in that first scene, what else are you looking for? Any fun hints on the project your working on?

That is an industrial light timer. My dad used to work on those at the local shopping mall. They ran the outdoor parking lot lights. I tried to find a pic of the exact unit but no luck. They come in a gray electrical looking box (that one in the pic is just the backboard with the timer and the caps on it). Hopefully this will help your search.

I've tried to find which timer it is, or who makes it. It seems to have an opening door with window(opening to the right) Most of the others I can find online open to the left. This very well may be a created prop by the prop masters. But its seems very much like its a manufactured piece.

- - - Updated - - -

...I don't know the model of the toaster timer as I've never had interest in it.
There are so many items in that first scene, what else are you looking for? Any fun hints on the project your working on?
Hints? Did you say hints? Well, all I can say is that it's fun to be a filmmaker who absolutely LOVES this film. This community is so great at being helpful and wise.

That timer reminds me of a pool pump or water sprinkler time. My mother in law has an old pool pump timer, i will have to take a look. I know it is in a grey box and the hinge is on the right side...
reliance_timer_spst_115v_40a_24hr_59_581_1200.jpg

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I was working on gathering items for a short film project I was producing. I have found many many screen accurate props from the original film. All from the opening scene. My project has fallen through and I am not sure Ill be able to get it produced in time(ironic isn't it?). I have many clocks, a can opener, the video camera, timers, radio, coffee maker(w/timer), radio, coffee mug and sugar jar. All screen accurate and all the models used in the opening scene...I no longer have any use for them...is there a good place I can post these to sell to people who have a need for these props? I know ebay is one option...but they are a pain. Is there a better option for fans to find this type of item?

I can post pics and descriptions too if it helps? Just looking for guidance from the experts here at the RPF. Thanks!

Junk yard is your best bet. You will need to buy a premium membership though, and it is against the rules to try and sell outside the junk yard as mods will remove your posts.
Good luck !

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back