Solo: A Star Wars Story

Donald Glover says they did something never done in a Star Wars movie before:

Donald added, “I remember going on set one of the first times, he was like, ‘Yeah, I want to follow you onto the Millennium Falcon and do this thing.’ I was like, ‘I don’t think I’ve ever seen the outside go into the inside.’ He’s like, ‘Yeah, no one’s ever done that shot.’ As a fan I was like yeah, I was really excited. I know there’s been a lot of talk in the press about this movie but for me anyway, it was a dream and also it looks really cool to me.”

Link:https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/201...that-hasnt-been-done-in-a-star-wars-film.html

J

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a feeling that Solo may be Disney's first bust with SW. We're 4 months away from release without a single bit of marketing. Disney doesn't seem all that hopeful with this one. In the immortal words of Han Solo himself, I have a bad feeling about this. If LFL and Disney were marketing this one like the previous SW movies, we would have gotten our first teaser 5 months ago, with a Force Friday around Thanksgiving, and the first Trailer attached to TLJ. With the second trailer possibly coming out with Super Bowl, and then a series of TV spots leading up to the release in May. There's been NOTHING. It's like this movie isn't even on the radar.

I don't think you can draw any conclusion. Disney has never had to market two SW films within such close proximity. I does present a logistical challenge. They wanted to focus, and rightly so, on TLJ marketing heading into release and while it's in the first few weeks of it's run don't want to take focus off the film currently in theaters. I think the first trailer will drop with the Super Bowl.

- - - Updated - - -

Donald added, “I remember going on set one of the first times, he was like, ‘Yeah, I want to follow you onto the Millennium Falcon and do this thing.’ I was like, ‘I don’t think I’ve ever seen the outside go into the inside.’ He’s like, ‘Yeah, no one’s ever done that shot.’ As a fan I was like yeah, I was really excited. I know there’s been a lot of talk in the press about this movie but for me anyway, it was a dream and also it looks really cool to me.”

Link:https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/201...that-hasnt-been-done-in-a-star-wars-film.html

J

That all sounds pretty good.

I agree that the lack of press for Solo is probably just for the sake of emphasizing TLJ. I read it as neutral for now.

The lack of trailers/etc may be due to simple time constraints. The grapevine is saying that Ron Howard reshot most of the movie. They must be running pretty darn late.

I'm not surprised they have avoided leaking much in terms of photos. Still images of the new actor in Han Solo's costume will be the least-encouraging way to introduce the image to us. It will look like a mediocre cosplay job. The recasting will probably go over much better in the context of the movie footage.

The steady stream of press bits from/about Donald Glover, while there is total silence from/about Alden . . . that is more troubling IMO. If Disney was so pleased with the way he was taking over the role then you'd think we would be hearing it being brought up more. And the rumor mill has not been kind to Alden so far.

If Alden really is weak Han Solo then Disney might be working to shift the focus of the movie towards Glover. The director change & reshooting would give them more opportunity to do it. In fact this might be part of the reason they are reshooting so much of the movie.

Shoot, I'd be thrilled if they just called it...

The Millennium Falcon: A Star Wars Story

...and had it feature Chewie giving us on a two-hour tour of the inside of the ship (like an episode of "Cribs"), and then out for a quick spin and hyperspace jump. The whole thing could be in Shryiiwook--which I speak--but there could be subtitles for you guys.

Disney would probably get my arse to the theater a dozen times to see that...just like back in the day.

The Wook

Last edited:
Shoot, I'd be thrilled if they just called it...

The Millennium Falcon: A Star Wars Story

...and had it feature Chewie giving us on a two-hour tour of the inside of the ship (like an episode of "Cribs"), and then out for a quick spin and hyperspace jump. The whole thing could be in Shryiiwook--which I speak--but there could be subtitles for you guys.)

Disney would probably get my arse to the theater a dozen times to see that.

The Wook

I would be on board as long as Chewie is talking to the camera in un-translated Shryiiwook the whole time.

Is there a image explaining this, I can’t see it working that way with the 3d model

YT_freight_pusher.jpg

J

Ahem....

https://youtu.be/OsFAZG2CkQI

0:43

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back