Scout Troopers - Endor 1:35 scale

Hemble

Hi All,

Recipe

Scout Troopers - are from the Star Wars Command Endor Attack figure set and are roughly 1/35th scale and were painted and weathered using Vallejo paints.

Base is a Bandai Snow speeder stand with balsa wood sides, I used a branch I found in the back yard and the moss on the tree is some model railway grass.

The dirt is a mix of spakfilla, dirt and a little bit of mulch and mixed together and while mixing I added a little water and some dark brown paint. Once the mix was done a just started spreading it over the base.

The small grass tufts and the thicker brush are from miniNatur, The ferns are from MIGS and the small tree's are from Woodland Scenics.

Ron

Attachments

• IMG_0591.JPG
    IMG_0591.JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0593.JPG
    IMG_0593.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0595.JPG
    IMG_0595.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0597.JPG
    IMG_0597.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0599.JPG
    IMG_0599.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0605.JPG
    IMG_0605.JPG
    195.2 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0607.JPG
    IMG_0607.JPG
    184.9 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0609.JPG
    IMG_0609.JPG
    190.8 KB · Views: 90
Wonderful! Those 'STAR WARS COMMAND' figures are nicely sculpted, aren't they? Now all Hasbro has to do is issue similar sets in 1/48 and 1/72 scale for us modeling goobers...especially since they forced Bandai to stop including pilot figures, etc. in their kits (stoopid! Can't swing a dead cat without hitting a clueless, money-grubbing corporate lawyer...dang it!)
Sorry for that last bit of rant, at least for all you non-CMGCL types... a hazard of modern life, same as universal lead contamination and anitbiotic resistant flesh eating bacteria.
;^P
Regards, Robert

Your dios are very good. Vegetation is always tricky to achieve, but you ace it everytime:cool

Thanks heaps mate and I still find vegetation is always a pain to do and it is the longest part of my diorama's.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks very good! I have Command Sandtroopers standing by for a similar idea.

Cheers mate and I did a very small dio using the sandtroopers a few years ago and they look great painted. I love to see pics of your dio once it's done.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome work. The base looks very natural

Thanks heaps mate.

- - - Updated - - -

That turned out awesome.

Cheers glad you liked it.

Wonderful! Those 'STAR WARS COMMAND' figures are nicely sculpted, aren't they? Now all Hasbro has to do is issue similar sets in 1/48 and 1/72 scale for us modeling goobers...especially since they forced Bandai to stop including pilot figures, etc. in their kits (stoopid! Can't swing a dead cat without hitting a clueless, money-grubbing corporate lawyer...dang it!)
Sorry for that last bit of rant, at least for all you non-CMGCL types... a hazard of modern life, same as universal lead contamination and anitbiotic resistant flesh eating bacteria.
;^P
Regards, Robert

Thanks heaps Robert and they very well sculpted especially for medium plastic figures and very well detailed as well. All good mate I know exactly what you mean about the money grubbers it really pivves me off as well.

For us dio freaks that want to do SW dio's in 1:48 scale I have used the Imperial assault troopers and converted them for dio's and they look right at home with the 1:48 scale Bandai kits. Also there will be a new SW game coming out called SW Legions and the figures are amazing and will be great for dio's as well.

- - - Updated - - -

great work,love it:thumbsup

Thanks mate.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back