Resistance Crait Macrobinoculars / Neuro-Saav ND.621 Rangefinder (TLJ VD)

Totally forgot you could see the viewer on screen. Damn trent the attention to detail is crazy

But with you I should have never expected less

“I’m in a glass case of emotion”

Beautiful job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

I'm also seeing something on the viewer hood itself that makes me think it's not just an open box. Oh and there's another small greeblie on the bottom, just inside the corner of the metal framing
View attachment 848176

OK I know it's probably not accurate, but what about something like this? It matches with this shot where you can clearly see another silver lip, and it helps cover the back of the open viewer. Just makes it a bit cleaner in my opinion.
Screen Shot 10-12-18 at 10.10 AM.PNGScreen Shot 10-12-18 at 10.11 AM 001.PNGScreen Shot 10-12-18 at 10.11 AM.PNG

I think your first version is right without the internal viewer section. I think the silver on the photo above is the inside of the upper lip not on the edge, lit slightly by the blue screen inside. If you go to 2.12.55 there is a split second where you can see the full rectangle of the blue screen lit up filling the whole of the hood aperture. It really is a split second as he lowers the macros down and its gone by 2.12.56. Sorry I don't have the screen tech to get a good grab

vierer1.png

vierer1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Capture 4.GIFCapture 3.GIF

It also looks to me like the bottom rib of the grip is wider spaced than the three above suggesting individual pieces for each strip? Also the gap at the top where they wrap over the camera do look like individual strips? Particularly between the bottom two strips of the grip?

OK yeah that's actually quite a bit better clarity. so that's definitely not a second viewer in the hood but rather just the blue light shining onto the underside of the top lip from inside. 100% agreed
And it looks like there are brads or bolt hols on the underside on the bottom plate.
Screen Shot 10-12-18 at 02.26 PM.PNG

Last edited:
View attachment 848439View attachment 848441

It also looks to me like the bottom rib of the grip is wider spaced than the three above suggesting individual pieces for each strip? Also the gap at the top where they wrap over the camera do look like individual strips? Particularly between the bottom two strips of the grip?

Man it’s so hard to tell. If I had to guess I'd say it's an effect of uneven weathering. that maybe the bottom rib has a slight bit less silver on it, making it appear thinner and giving the appearance of a thicker space between. Because when I add digital calipers to it it, they're the same width. Looks like the grips also extend further on the bottom than they do on the top. these seem to go all the way to the edge of the bottom plate area.
I also see that there’s no latch on the bottom where your open the door to put in the film.
Crazy.

aefbb6d02ae13b18c4df1f24a21b7213.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like it. Also look at the underside of the viewer, the lip appears to around two sides.

oh lordy. i'm gonna say it was dropped and its supposed to have a lip all the way around like the top plate does but one edge chipped off. Is there also a greeblie on the underside?

Last edited:
I joined the camera party today!!! Yay!!!

Long story short I missed 3 of these in the junkyard until now! Glad the chase is over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome news! Glad you were finally able to bag one. Looks like it’s in nice shape too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oh lordy. i'm gonna say it was dropped and its supposed to have a lip all the way around like the top plate does but one edge chipped off. Is there also a greeblie on the underside?

Do you think the props guys build these things these days knowing that we will be trying to grab every millisecond of screen coverage. Analysing and re analysing for years to come. Then they leave the edge off one side, on the bottom, farthest from us so you can hardly see it, just to mess with our heads?

There is one, and possibly a second dark spot on the underside but I couldn't be sure if they were screws or just video artifacts.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back