Star Wars Episode VII Stormtrooper Pics

Trooper look changed from 1-3, but remained the same from 4-6.
Empire wanted clean continuity, wonder what First Order will develop to.
All I can see now.
Film prop makers please change the look. That duck face was my first reaction when seeing the troops. Had seen the Donald Duck figures before.
The other guys are cool. Not a big asymmetrical hose fan, but really like how the pilots look for this movie. Top notch.

Personally, I love the new helmets. I think the classic Stormtroopers have a perfect, iconic appearance, but I never felt the desire to want to dress up as one in the 25+ years I've been a Star Wars fan. The moment I saw the new Trooper look I immediately thought, "I must have one of those!"

To each his own, I suppose. :)

Yes, thank you! The front just looks too plain without the "mouth" and aerators.

It's like just a wee movement closer to the original look. there's nothing in it. Just one more mic tip and a tiny bit more white plastic and everyone would be happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally, I love the new helmets. I think the classic Stormtroopers have a perfect, iconic appearance, but I never felt the desire to want to dress up as one in the 25+ years I've been a Star Wars fan. The moment I saw the new Trooper look I immediately thought, "I must have one of those!"

To each his own, I suppose. :)

Yeah but that's cool griffin that you had that reaction I'm sure lots of the others will too! I'm in the I'll get used to it camp :)

Anyone else think the First Order Stormtrooper Officer could use a little more original trilogy character? Upon seeing the pauldrons I immediately wanted to see these guys as the roughed up and dirty sandtroopers we know and love! Wouldn't it make sense for the troops on Jakku to be nice and sandy as well?
TFA Sandtrooper concept.jpg

What's interesting is that the standard stormtrooper helmet seems to be something of a "standalone". None of the more specialized troopers have helmets based on it. The flametrooper, new snowtrooper and new TIE pilot helmets all seem to be based off a shared, though alternate design with some specific tweaks.

Thank you for posting pics. Guy on Anovos facebook posted a far away shot of the three troopers.
Was so excited to come across your photos.
Any more close detail on the Tie pilot?

F-35helmet2.gif
There's been some who claim that the structure on the top of the new tie pilot helmet is part of a HUD system that is fixed in place as it resembles the same type of projector system used in the F-35 helmet (as shown in the attached image). Whilst there are similarities, that structure on the tie helmet looks like a swivel-down visor.
I'd really like to find out if it is a fixed or pivoting structure.

View attachment 610873
There's been some who claim that the structure on the top of the new tie pilot helmet is part of a HUD system that is fixed in place as it resembles the same type of projector system used in the F-35 helmet (as shown in the attached image). Whilst there are similarities, that structure on the tie helmet looks like a swivel-down visor.
I'd really like to find out if it is a fixed or pivoting structure.

it looks fixed in the visual dictionary pics

Cool to see this thread get bumped! I never mentioned it back in the day, but I did those drawings for Indie Revolver based on their set photos and production design sketches which they didn't have permission to share at the time (most of them were posted eventually, I think). It was fun to see them spread the way they did and to be a small part of SW history - my drawings were the first real glimpse of iconic Episode VII characters thanks to Jay. I remember he and his girlfriend came by that night to visit and we let the ladies talk while we watched the hits pile up on his site - he had over a million unique visitors that day! And the fun continues - a week or two ago, I accompanied Jay to an event and met someone who had tests/meetings with LFL as a potential "young Han Solo." I'm sure the site will have lots of fun news for everyone on the upcoming movies soon enough!

StormtrooperHelmet_large.jpgJungletrooperHelmet_large.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back