eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

Agree 100%. What's with all the negativity directed toward fellow prop collectors? (i.e. "suckers") Understand there's a lot of negativity built up toward EFX for how they've handled this situation but let's not turn on each other. For my part:

1.) I paid $699 for the LE
2.) Received the complimentary Vader PCR
3.) Sold the complimentary Vader PCR
4.) Makes my cost for the eFX Scout lid $349
5.) Cue my eternal happiness :cool

349$ is too much for this thing.:lol

You kinda miss the point. The most important part on a RS Prop Masters prop/helmet is not the plaque, display case, COA or stand.

I totally understand people buy RS stuff for the replica. Why do people believe for other companies people are so enamored with stands and plaques they don't pay any attention to the quality of the replica but in the case of RS the stand and plaque have no bearing but RS goes through the effort of including them anyway?

In my opinion an advantage of licensed products is the resale value and ease of resale. Non licensed products don't sell very easily in many cases and often sell for pretty low prices compared to licensed equivalents. Certain out of production licensed replicas sell for several times their original price on eBay. Retaining value is important to many people. That is why many don't want to modify or customize their licensed product.

I know there are ways to sell non licensed products but many people don't want to put in the effort for finding those places, determining a price, etc. Using eBay is familiar and easy.

Also finding reviews and information is much easier for mass produced licensed products.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I totally understand people buy RS stuff for the replica. Why do people believe for other companies people are so enamored with stands and plaques they don't pay any attention to the quality of the replica but in the case of RS the stand and plaque have no bearing but RS goes through the effort of including them anyway?

In my opinion an advantage of licensed products is the resale value and ease of resale. Non licensed products don't sell very easily in many cases and often sell for pretty low prices compared to licensed equivalents. Certain out of production licensed replicas sell for several times their original price on eBay. Retaining value is important to many people. That is why many don't want to modify or customize their licensed product.

I know there are ways to sell non licensed products but many people don't want to put in the effort for finding those places, determining a price, etc. Using eBay is familiar and easy.

Also finding reviews and information is much easier for mass produced licensed products.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Thanks for proving my point about why some people only collect licensed/resale value. I collect for myself, don't really care about resale value, if I want to invest my money, there are better options out there. I enjoy collecting, and getting items in my collection that I like, not because of their resale value, but because they connect with me. I enjoy accurate wonky props, more than licensed props which just look nice.

Some will go only for licensed and I have no problem with that. Playing safe is a way of collecting, to each his own. I'll give you just a few examples: a blaster made out real parts (Scottjua's for example) compared to a MR, real Graflex/MPP/Hales no.3 conversions compared to any MR/EFX lightsaber (see the threads here), Boba Fett blaster made of real Webley compared to MR version etc. Look at SL Vader vs EFX Vader, RS Scout compared to the EFX version now. EFX are saying a lot of things about their stuff, even some things that were proven not to be what claimed. Some customers easily closed their eyes, just because it was "licensed".

I didn't even go in the studio scale realm to make comparisons between licensed and "fan made". Personally I would trade my Legend Vader instantly for a SL. I would sell any MR saber for an unlicensed one made with real parts, just like the prop seen on screen. And some unlicensed products also sell for more than licensed, and also some are rarer and more sought after.

As I've said before, many of the good fan made collectibles like the ones mentioned above are made by talented professionals, who care about the items they are creating and adding a bit of their soul in each prop. Of course there are many crappy fan made/unlicensed items as well, but there goes the research. I’d advise people to do their research every time, no matter if licensed product or not, remember official stamp of approval was also put on the licensed Rubies Stormtrooper… ;) Of course it's easier to find some info about licensed stuff, but there are sites like RPF, PropDen, TheDentedHelmet, StarWarsHelmets.com, 501st forums etc. which can help through the researches already done on their pages and/or by their members, members who are almost always glad to help in your research too.

In the end all this fine by me. More good stuff to remain to the people who care about them, just imagine if even more people would hunt some rare part used on a prop... :)

Rivet counter logo proud.jpg

For what it’s worth, for all the talk of RS, their own Scout helmet, and its apparent superiority as far as accuracy goes, mine is still quite imperfect. Imperfect as far as actual screen accuracy goes, not as in the inherent “wonkiness” found in the originals.

I suppose an imperfect EFX lid will pair nicely with my imperfect RS one :lol

As for the ever-present discussion of licensed versus fan-made, it seems to me that at this point there are a healthy number of knowledgeable people interested in collecting each. The common suggestion that only the most knowledgeable and well-studied collectors are interested in screen accuracy or fan-made props is not really supported by the evidence. As I’ve said before, due to the limited amount of actual information out there, researching props and screen accuracy isn’t some long-term, scholarly pursuit. There aren’t scores of thick texts filled with secret information about any of these items, as there would be for something like ancient Egypt. In the fiction realm, compare what we have to something like Tolkien- it’s not even close. What we have are a few websites scattered across the internet with at most a couple days worth of information to peruse, and a whole lot of speculation and conjecture that has changed dramatically over time (go back and read old threads where current “experts” share some very... “interesting” ideas. :) ) For better or worse, all that separates the “experts” from the novices is the few days’ worth of reading websites and the handful of books with small portions related to the subject.

Anyway... looking forward to seeing more pics of these in-hand, possibly taken at a distance that makes them more useful and less distorted.

If you are not so stupid to start an auction on ebay,you will always become a fair price for your pieces.But that needs time.For Fanmade stuff a little bit more because they are not so strictly limmited like the MR or EFX pieces.
I would only sell my stuff with fixed price.If you need to sell fast..its always bad.

But I bet..you will sell a TM ESB Vaderhelmet faster for 2500 $ on ebay as an EFX Legend any time!:lol

IMG_5253.jpgHi all - I managed to find another person in Asia whose pre-order came in stock today. He kindly sent me a photo of the helmet from the front at a much better distance relative to the other shots of the EFX helmet we've seen thus far. The helmet looks better in this shot. The chap decided not to keep his (i.e. he cancelled his order) but he said it looked pretty decent on inspection. I collect both licensed and non-licensed stuff - I think this helmet looks alright and will probably keep mine alongside others that I have. What do you guys think?

...For better or worse, all that separates the “experts” from the novices is the few days’ worth of reading websites and the handful of books with small portions related to the subject...

Wow... kinda dark, Jag. It took me a month to read the "3 Greeblies" thread and when I got done I felt like I'd climbed the mountain and sat outside in the rain for a week so I could get in the temple to learn the good kung-fu.

View attachment 799764Hi all - I managed to find another person in Asia whose pre-order came in stock today. He kindly sent me a photo of the helmet from the front at a much better distance relative to the other shots of the EFX helmet we've seen thus far. The helmet looks better in this shot. The chap decided not to keep his (i.e. he cancelled his order) but he said it looked pretty decent on inspection. I collect both licensed and non-licensed stuff - I think this helmet looks alright and will probably keep mine alongside others that I have. What do you guys think?

I don't know it still looks goofy to me...

For what it’s worth, for all the talk of RS, their own Scout helmet, and its apparent superiority as far as accuracy goes, mine is still quite imperfect. Imperfect as far as actual screen accuracy goes, not as in the inherent “wonkiness” found in the originals.

I suppose an imperfect EFX lid will pair nicely with my imperfect RS one :lol

As for the ever-present discussion of licensed versus fan-made, it seems to me that at this point there are a healthy number of knowledgeable people interested in collecting each. The common suggestion that only the most knowledgeable and well-studied collectors are interested in screen accuracy or fan-made props is not really supported by the evidence. As I’ve said before, due to the limited amount of actual information out there, researching props and screen accuracy isn’t some long-term, scholarly pursuit. There aren’t scores of thick texts filled with secret information about any of these items, as there would be for something like ancient Egypt. In the fiction realm, compare what we have to something like Tolkien- it’s not even close. What we have are a few websites scattered across the internet with at most a couple days worth of information to peruse, and a whole lot of speculation and conjecture that has changed dramatically over time (go back and read old threads where current “experts” share some very... “interesting” ideas. :) ) For better or worse, all that separates the “experts” from the novices is the few days’ worth of reading websites and the handful of books with small portions related to the subject.

Anyway... looking forward to seeing more pics of these in-hand, possibly taken at a distance that makes them more useful and less distorted.

It's almost been 40 years since ESB and I've learned more in the past 2 months about the screen used snowtrooper helmets than I've learned in my previous 9 years. Why? Cause of direct and verified sources. This was ONLY available to me because of my near decade long devotion to studying and learning about the snowtrooper costumes. Information is intentionally withheld by high price collectors of screen used pieces. It's folks like us, who do this kind of research and development for YEARS that allows you to go ahead and make that craptacular comment that anyone can just go and "read about it"

You don't have the eye for the detail. You don't quite know what is entirely true or not. You do not have rapport with those in the circle of researchers. You don't become an expert overnight by reading a simple thread. That belief is the smelliest garbage I've read in a very long time on the RPF.

Wow... kinda dark, Jag. It took me a month to read the "3 Greeblies" thread and when I got done I felt like I'd climbed the mountain and sat outside in the rain for a week so I could get in the temple to learn the good kung-fu.
Hah, didn’t mean for it to be dark, nor to ruffle any feathers (which it apparently did.) Someone had asked why there seemed to be negativity towards licensed collectors ie: that they wouldn’t recognize screen accuracy or wouldn’t care about it. All I’m saying is that there’s not all that much actual information to consume when compared with the things I mentioned. As someone who did no small amount of history research while at university, and has spent the past several years in this community and others, I stand by what I said. The amount of information that exists to research just isn’t comparable. If people want to disagree or make assumptions about what I know or notice, that’s cool. I know what information is publicly available, and I’m confident there’s no vast tome of knowledge kept in secret and only accessible by those who know the password.

As for this thread in particular I’ll be anxious to see when the first shipment arrives in the US.

With all the pictures so far the helmet just seems very underwhelming and not anywhere near the price or the utterly ridiculous wait time.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back