The 900th thread about modding a Black Series Kylo Ren Helmet w/ Disney upgrade

Anyone got a stellar idea as to how to properly ventilate that thing? I'm thinking fans........the question is...how?

The cheeks are full of fabric backed holes, the eyes are fabric mesh, and the mouth plates are ventilated if you're doing the disney mod. You don't need fans. This was designed to be as cool and breathable as possible for Adam. And there is literally no room for a fan anywhere in there.

- - - Updated - - -

How are things coming along? Mine is about ready for paint now.

I've been working FX makeup jobs on the day I usually go to the workshop. I was actually there today, but I didn't even touch the Kylo helmet. I was working on Iron Man armor for a client. Unfortunately, paying jobs have to come first. I started this helmet during a really bad dry spell. Suddenly, I've been very busy with paying gigs (fortunately). I swear I'll get back to and finish it soon. Apologies to everyone whose been following this and waiting for more. There will be more in the near future. I promise.

I got mine close to finished. I'll be starting my own thread but wanted to share with you first.
20160423_000101.jpg
20160423_000126.jpg
20160423_000141.jpg
20160429_135845.jpg

I got mine close to finished. I'll be starting my own thread but wanted to share with you first.
Can you take a pic of the inside of the bucket? Im curious how the ribbed parts connect to the flaired ends.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

This was taken before I added the fiberglass.

20160409_204605.jpg

These two were taken after I welded them together but before I smoothed out the seams.
20160409_204541.jpg
20160409_204550.jpg

Awesome, thanks fishtal. I have been working on my own but unfortunately cut too much off the black series and disney, so i had to order a second disney (I think I can salvage whats left of the black series). Ill wait till you post your thread before I start on cutting my second disney.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I was at the shop for 10 hours today, but alas, I was working on a clients armor the entire time. Gots to do the paying gigs. Also, I got to play with a set of trooper armor that came in made out of a flexible fiberglass that I have never seen before (the helmet is the standard Anovos).
20160430_175020.jpg

Interesting thread, I think I will do same as you both guys, buying a helmet and making modifications.
I think for the chrome finished part, to get it accurate, I will flatten it, and make my special finish using paint or glue or warnish, but filled with aluminum powder then sanded and polished, gives a kind of satin finish, not as shiny a genuine metal, but not as fake as a painting.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back