Back to the Future Gibson 345 Replica Guitar

I got the tuning pegs today. I am very disappointed because the picture they show is clearly cream colored, but when I opened them they were jade green. I only spent $5 on them so no big loss, but still frustrating.

This weekend I will use some polishing pads to dull down the finish to have more of an aged sheen rather than a new gloss look. And possibly drill some holes to fit the stoptail studs.

IIIIIIII have a small update after this whole time. I got caught up with work and other projects. I got some pearly cream colored tuning pegs ordered and I'm searching for a legitimate Bigsby B7. I will most likely have to buy my own drill to install the stoptail studs. I might sell the guitar after its all done as I live in a small barracks room and I always have to be careful not to damage it.

Last edited:
Did you ever get your guitar? How was it? Link to the other seller?

i did ! i got 2 actually... got the first one... the neck was cracked in the back when i got it... just for display it's fine you can't see it but i kind of wanted to have a perfect one... it was too much trouble to return it and re-ship it to get it repaired so they sold me another one at discount and i kept the 2. Looks pretty good for the price.

Not sure who the seller was i'd have to do some digging

Guess not.

I think if I were going to invest in this guitar I'd want to be able to play Johnny B. Goode. Even if I have to save up so much money to buy a legitimate Gibson 345, the scene and the song is so important to me. It's what made me want to learn to play guitar in the first place. :)

Guess not.

I think if I were going to invest in this guitar I'd want to be able to play Johnny B. Goode. Even if I have to save up so much money to buy a legitimate Gibson 345, the scene and the song is so important to me. It's what made me want to learn to play guitar in the first place. :)

Sorry I didn't answer. I saw it at work and got busy and just forgot to reply. I did enjoy it for a time and I still am very much a beginner at playing. I can play the beginning parts of a few songs, but the military takes a lot of time away from hobbies. Right now it just sits in a closet.

Sorry I didn't answer. I saw it at work and got busy and just forgot to reply. I did enjoy it for a time and I still am very much a beginner at playing. I can play the beginning parts of a few songs, but the military takes a lot of time away from hobbies. Right now it just sits in a closet.

I don't know what it's like to play a 545 or anything too similar. Is it rather heavy? It always looked like the perfect comfort size to learn on. By the way, it's awesome that you're in the military. Thank you.

I don't know what it's like to play a 545 or anything too similar. Is it rather heavy? It always looked like the perfect comfort size to learn on. By the way, it's awesome that you're in the military. Thank you.
It's not that heavy since it is semi hallow. I would say that it is rather comfortable to play. And thank you very much for your support. Semper Fidelis.

Just to chime in, my brother just got this guitar from aliexpress, and it is awesome for the price. It is high quality, and light.

The link on the first page for the guitar doesn't work. Where did you find it on Aliexpress?

Unfortunately, with Aliexpress, it is always hit or miss. Many different sellers, posing many different guitars, although my brother and I suspect, only one or 2 factories. Sometimes they are made to order. Also, make sure you contact the seller first to make sure the guitar comes with the GIBSON markings on the headstock, they are cracking down on this. If you get one with the weird off-name (in Gibson-esque font) you will have to sand and repaint it, then ad a Gibson water slide decal. I will try and take a look on Aliexpress for you.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back