Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

Well, before I went to anywhere else to get the NIKE logos printed, I decided to give Kinkos a shot. They struggled a bit to get things lined up, but we got one sheet that was good enough.

Got home, and threw them in. Really scary to mess with the Super 77 and didn't want to get the strap to get all messy. Didn't turn out "perfect," but I'm happy. Popped the MOD cherry and on to the next part.

Mave

IMG_5852.JPG
IMG_5856.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5856.JPG
    IMG_5856.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 58
I ordered a watch from AliExpress and it did take a few days processing - I was working and didnt really pay attention to how many days it took to get around to processing, but it was less than a week. Is that where you've ordered your V2's from or did you get from shoes-free? Can anyone confirm delivery from shoes-free ?

http://www.shoes-free.com/nike-mag-mens-shoes-glowing-grey-cheap-sale?search=mag

i emailed them Wed and never heard back. And there's this from a few pages back.
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=171111&page=109&p=3739194&viewfull=1#post3739194

They're 100% fake links change all the time on Google search and i saw the price at more than 450 bucks one or two days ago.

I actually think the turquoise splatter on the screen used pair is brighter than what they ended up doing on the 2011 release.
I've looked at numerous pictures and videos, and they definitely seem a brighter shade of turquoise green/blue.

Agreed. The 2011s appear to be very dark. I do have to wonder if that is because the 1989 shoes were painted on white and the 2011 on grey.

When you compare the screen used shoes and the 2011 shoes, the 2011 shoes look too stiff, almost too pristine, especially the collars, which should be loose like V2 has.

I think in all honesty, the 2011 pairs were not intended to be worn, just displayed. I have never seen a pair in person, but everything about them seems rigid. I think the "friends and family" lefty was as close to the "real deal" as we got.

Although i did see a video on youtube of a used 2011 pair and its been used thoroughly and the fabric has loosened up on the toe area, but the collars are still stiff.

Is that the pair in Europe that have worn by by that guy to all the cons? Someone posted a photo of his shoes near modded HCs and his toe box looks to have broken down. In the end, the sub structure is EVA and whilst it is fairly tough for foam, if bent enough, it falls apart

Well, before I went to anywhere else to get the NIKE logos printed, I decided to give Kinkos a shot. They struggled a bit to get things lined up, but we got one sheet that was good enough.

View attachment 521815
View attachment 521818

These look good. Did you print positive on the front or a reverse on the back? I used to print on the front, but it it then exposed and can be scratched off. Rear printing protects the print behind the plastic. The end result is still the same.

stprime do you mind to pm me when you receive your V2s ? ;)
I cross fingers for you that they are not the sport version. You bought grey or black color ??
Gosh my gf is gonna kill me if i bring a third pair at home :x

Last edited by a moderator:
Gray. I requested photos and asked specifically if they were the sport version. The photos weren't of the sport and not the same they all use. But I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

These look good. Did you print positive on the front or a reverse on the back? I used to print on the front, but it it then exposed and can be scratched off. Rear printing protects the print behind the plastic. The end result is still the same.

Thanks @cavx, they turned out pretty damn well, I'm just being critical. Overall I'm very happy.

I most definitely put the NIKE image into photoshop and reversed it. Then I printed it in reverse on the back. I foresaw the issue that if I did it positive on the front that it may get ruined and I can't be doing this multiple times.

I also, for an extra measure, put some clear packaging tape on the back to cover the ink to make sure nothing rubs away in the future.

Mave

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, those soles are insane. Great work

How many different sizes DO you have so far? I always lose track. (Being away from the boards for months at a time doesn't help haha)

-Nick

At this time, I only have molds made for US13.

I have been working on new masters for US8 and US9.5 and will re-work the masters for US13.

From what I can tell, the US8 should fit the US8.5 and the US13 will also fit the US12. I am hoping that US10 and US11 are also the same size. I don't have either of those sizes on hand, though BTTFSpencer in Melbourne does have US11s. It is not just a case of someone sending me the soles either now as I really need the shoes to make sure the new master parts fit as there are other differences between the sizes.

The US9.5 is slightly bigger than US8 and is slightly smaller than US10. Yet the new front (horizontal) inner wings I have made fit a few sizes, possibly up to the US13. So some master parts will be interchangeable for the new mold batches.

What I will be doing differently here is to make open back molds so all the parts can be perfectly bubble free like the front oval parts are. I do get air trapped during the pours of the 3D part, so a flat open mold is going to make nicer parts with nice clean seams.

- - - Updated - - -
TKRalph, that is one sweet pair of MAGs.

And slightly OT but still very BTTF, this is a prototype of the "nuetrality" logo Marty Jr has on his shirt. The same logo is also seen on a few other colour shirts including one of the two young boys playing the video game in the Cafe 80s.

attachment.php

This has been printed on a hoodie. The logo print is thick, almost puffy. It would need to be lightened for a white shirt, but would look very nice on a black shirt. I feel based on the quality of this, that I will have to get a few made up. Not sure of the price yet.
EmmaInCandyland sent me the graphic as a PDF, so thanks for that.

Attachments

• 20150831_092741.jpg
    20150831_092741.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 905
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back