Landspeeder full size, 3d printed!

This is an absolutely amazing build thread! Thanks so much for sharing with us all your magnificent creation. We have a team here in Oklahoma who is just starting to discuss a similar build. Any chance you would be interested in selling or sharing the .stl files from your build?

Thanks so much for this thread!

This is an absolutely amazing build thread! Thanks so much for sharing with us all your magnificent creation. We have a team here in Oklahoma who is just starting to discuss a similar build. Any chance you would be interested in selling or sharing the .stl files from your build?

Thanks so much for this thread!

Cheers dude...shoot me a PM for the files please

How are you going to get it to levitate in the display?

I fabricated a base, which consists of a 2m x 1m heavy steel plate which bolts to the underside of the car, a central pin below the cockpit area and another steel floor plate which will be covered with sand. I was thinking to put mirrors around the pin but the car sits so low (10cm or so off the ground) that u can only see the pin if u lie down and peek underneath. I'll post some pix when the set is finished

yeah I've had quite a few requests for the Landspeeder files I modelled. I'm happy to share them, I just need to figure out the best way to do that?

There's a few ways .. depending on what you want to do. Thingiverse is a great platform for exposure .. allows you to preview the files and leave feedback and even tips. I'm assuming you'd want to share the STL so that people either use them as is or cut them to build volume specs. That's what I'd love to have if you even share them anyway! :D

Does the museum still want it? Now that the XP-38 has come out? (Couldn't resist a joke from the movie.)

That is absolutely stunning. As others have noted, fast, brilliant attention to details and I'm blown away that you made it on a printer.

Cheers,

Ted.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the positive comments...I am lovin' this build so much

Got the cockpit finished

https://i.imgur.com/GulsWN8m.jpg https://i.imgur.com/2maVT90m.jpg

It seems to me that, although this is the way the steeing yoke is always seen in still pics it would be impossible to drive in this position...there is no room to turn without hitting the gear stick and the dashboard panel edge. But, whenever Luke, or anyone else, is seen driving the Landspeeder, they have an actual steering wheel, or use this one, the other way up

Next up...the grills

everyone knows they used the handbrake for turns :p

print a 1/1 death star next i dare you!

everyone knows they used the handbrake for turns :p

print a 1/1 death star next i dare you!

Hmmm...lemme think about it :wacko

So I think I'll try and set up a link to my drop box and put the files up as soon as I've had a chance to check thru them. You know how it is...u get a file sliced, then it screws up so u re-slice and re-name and before u know it there hundreds of files!

Also, please know, I am not a professional modeller so these files were created by me for personal use and may not be suitable for public consumption

I'll start with the body shell; https://www.dropbox.com/s/rfktfe110w7lbav/BODY SHELL.stl?dl=0

screen.png

So this file has the grills attached also, which u will probably want to separate out to print
Thanks to my limited skills the back wings are a little wobbly underneath and do not have the cut outs for the nacelles. I found it easier to finish them in post. Feel free to tweak them if you are able to

Please give me some feed back to tell me this works ok

Last edited:
GEEK1138 this is a truly amazing and gorgeous build. It looks perfect. Just on a side note, I realized you originally stated in your first post and at various times throughout that this is a "static" build... but... if you ever get the itch to make it something that could be driven I imagine that a golf cart or go cart chassis would be small enough to allow the body of the landspeeder to slightly overhang the chassis on all sides and than to further "hide the wheels" you could employ the trick this company did a few years back.

Not sure if you've seen this, but a group in New York built a pair of ROTJ Speederbikes around regular electric scooters one Halloween. They hid the wheels of the bikes by using mirrors mounted on each side of the bikes wheels. It worked out pretty well when you watch them drive the bikes around the streets of New York.

Thanks Ash. Yeah I know the video of the speeder bikes...does look pretty dope but my Landspeeder is inside a museum on a hidden plinth to get the floating look so no chance to motorise it. I may at some point build another one and go the golf cart route so I can drive around in it, and maybe employ the mirror trick then. Cheers

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back