Russian Seaview

vismus

Assuming we really did have a Seaview, it would not have taken the Russian navy long to have one of their own.
This is based on a Moebius original 4-window. Still under construction....

Attachments

• IMG_0189.JPG
    IMG_0189.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_0190.JPG
    IMG_0190.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_0191.JPG
    IMG_0191.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_0192.JPG
    IMG_0192.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 209
Nice...But you're only half way done, now you have to do the Russian Version of the Flying Sub!:D

Great idea! Maybe you could add shark fins to the 'head bulges' and sharpen the man from 'wings' for a more evil look. Love all of the missile silos!!

Or, running with srspicer's idea, you could go more Hammerhead-like in the front, rather than the "happy stingray" look the SeaView has.

Most Russian submarines did not have planes on the sail. They were equipped with retractable bow planes (like most of our boats now, post 2nd flight Los Angeles class boats).
I like the reshape of the sail, very much like the old Russian 'November' class boats.

Nice job!

Much better,I can see it now. That looks brilliant.
I'm tempted to go buy another, to mod just like yours.
Can't wait to see the finished article,from all angles.
What about the diving bell, miniature sub and the flying sub?

Thank you, kind sirs.
JK: Have always been fan of the Akula design which prompted this mashup. There are certain elements of the Seaview that I felt needed to be there and the sail dive planes were one.
The stern "Caddy" wings (which Irwin Allen insisted be incorporated into the boat design.... because he loved his Caddy) were cut down and lengthened on this model although I really doubt a Russian Seaview would have any of that either.
32: Haven't even thought about the little fellas yet as the sub is still a work in progress.
Seaview in Russian=MopeВзгляд

Cool! Years ago someone did a Russian Seaview I think in Scale Modeler(?) magazine--they modified a large Alpha class and included a dart-like Flying Sub.

Well, that just burst my bubble, Jeff.:cool I thought I was the first but should have guessed others may have had the same idea.
Here's my favorite Seaview by DeBoers Hulls. I built this one but my bud, Bob Martin built me a R/C pump jet version as well.IMG_6194.jpgIMG_6200.jpgIMG_6205.jpg

Finishing the control room details and will then attach the stern to the bow 1/2. The seam will take a while to address as I've dealt with this one once previously.
In the mean time, this the R/C pump-jet that Bob Martin built for me. I futzed with the cosmetics a bit but this 99% Bob.IMG_4378.jpgIMG_4386.jpg

Last edited:
Finishing the control room details and will then attach the stern to the bow 1/2. The seam will take a while to address as I've dealt with this one once previously.
In the mean time, this the R/C pump-jet that Bob Martin built for me. I futzed with the cosmetics a bit but this 99% Bob.View attachment 754908View attachment 754909
Wow, this is what I was thinking of when suggesting a more shark like appearance. Very cool!!

Thank you, kind sir.
The DeBoer hulls are made to order. The casting comes with windows closed and Dennis opens them before shipping. You can request them closed for ease in creating this look.

Pretty much complete...just a bit of paint touch-up. Not much question that this is the Russian Seaview (Море взгляд).IMG_6829.jpgIMG_6832.jpgIMG_6843.jpgIMG_6846.jpg

Last edited:
For those that asked, I envision the Flying sub looking like this borrowed concept.IMG_5931.jpg
It fits in the bay and is far more sinister and dangerous looking than the American version. (Always thought the flying sub looked like the chopped bow of the Seaview....)
As to the Seaview, now plan on updating the propulsion system. Am adding LEDs to the engine cowls and mystery engine parts.....
Zzzzzooooommm!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back