Solo: A Star Wars Story

That Disney contract thing is really ugly in retrospect. I almost forgot about that.

Regardless, Solo will make gobs of money because almost everyone who said "I'M NOT GOING OPENING NIGHT" changed their tune as soon as this latest trailer came out.

That Disney contract thing is really ugly in retrospect. I almost forgot about that.

Regardless, Solo will make gobs of money because almost everyone who said "I'M NOT GOING OPENING NIGHT" changed their tune as soon as this latest trailer came out.

Very ugly. There are a few theories online that Disney was just covering their backsides with that as they knew something no one else did at the time. The fact that they did not issue any screener`s of the film to the theatre owners before release makes one think as well. Not an anti piracy measure either.

You will have to point out the people who have changed their minds about not going on opening night because of the trailer, I haven`t seen any yet. It certainly didn`t change my mind.

Very ugly. There are a few theories online that Disney was just covering their backsides with that as they knew something no one else did at the time. The fact that they did not issue any screener`s of the film to the theatre owners before release makes one think as well. Not an anti piracy measure either.

You will have to point out the people who have changed their minds about not going on opening night because of the trailer, I haven`t seen any yet. It certainly didn`t change my mind.

I’m not gonna lie I was hyped for about 3 days... then sitting down for dinner last night I decided to watch it again... I remember now how super hyped I was for ep8... the trailer was probably one of the best trailers I’ve seen in a long time

And we all know how I feel about ep8 after seeing it.... :(

I’m probably going to see it, but not opening night or weekend... we got 5 dollar Tuesday’s here. I’ll probably go that night, less crowded too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does everyone else feel about all these trooper variants?

I’m tired of seeing all these different versions.. tank trooper, beach trooper... see I don’t even care to know their real names..

I guess I really can’t complain I never had a problem with snow of scout troopers... but mud and muck troopers...

Magnet boot troopers? .....rrrrrriiiight

I’m not gonna lie I was hyped for about 3 days... then sitting down for dinner last night I decided to watch it again... I remember now how super hyped I was for ep8... the trailer was probably one of the best trailers I’ve seen in a long time

And we all know how I feel about ep8 after seeing it.... :(

I’m probably going to see it, but not opening night or weekend... we got 5 dollar Tuesday’s here. I’ll probably go that night, less crowded too...

Feel the same. I will see it on the big screen eventually as it has Star Wars in the title, lucky I dont live in China, but will definitely be waiting on reviews from trusted and not shill sources first.

Feel the same. I will see it on the big screen eventually as it has Star Wars in the title, lucky I dont live in China, but will definitely be waiting on reviews from trusted and not shill sources first.

That’s my biggest let down is the guys I watch on YouTube, they have pretty much sold them self’s out...

Disney or lucasfilm gives them red carpet invites... of course they aren’t going to make videos bad mouthing the new movies....

Only one out of all the tubers I watch voiced his concerns “dashstar” and he was so upset with what this has turned into he’s changed his channel completely and given up

Not what I wanted to see...

So I don’t even trust the reviews, I’ll review it for myself

I still have hopes that Ron Howard will prevail through this... love most of his movies

But I am also ready for a ep8 crash and burn repeat

I’m going into this film hammered

That’s my biggest let down is the guys I watch on YouTube, they have pretty much sold them self’s out...

Disney or lucasfilm gives them red carpet invites... of course they aren’t going to make videos bad mouthing the new movies....

Only one out of all the tubers I watch voiced his concerns “dashstar” and he was so upset with what this has turned into he’s changed his channel completely and given up

Not what I wanted to see...

So I don’t even trust the reviews, I’ll review it for myself

I still have hopes that Ron Howard will prevail through this... love most of his movies

But I am also ready for a ep8 crash and burn repeat

I’m going into this film hammered

I was really surprised to see Moviebob rave so hard for The Last Jedi. This is the guy that did three massive episodes ripping on Batman V. Superman. And personally, I think they share many of the same problems

I was really surprised to see Moviebob rave so hard for The Last Jedi. This is the guy that did three massive episodes ripping on Batman V. Superman. And personally, I think they share many of the same problems

I’m going to look him up, I don’t follow him

I was SUPER SUPER surprised at cinemassacer’s (James and mikes) overly positive review of ep8

I am usually 100% on the same page as them with all their movie reviews.

Granted James opening admits RoTJ is his favorite out of the OT, but only because that was the first time he saw Star Wars in the theater with his dad.

I couldn’t believe they supported it... it took me real long to publicly come out and voice my opinion on the film because I was afraid of being flames

There is no doubt some BEAUTIFUL film scenes in that movie

And BEAUTIFUL scenes in the solo trailer, here’s hoping for a good experience this time around

I’m going to look him up, I don’t follow him

I was SUPER SUPER surprised at cinemassacer’s (James and mikes) overly positive review of ep8

I am usually 100% on the same page as them with all their movie reviews.

Granted James opening admits RoTJ is his favorite out of the OT, but only because that was the first time he saw Star Wars in the theater with his dad.

I couldn’t believe they supported it... it took me real long to publicly come out and voice my opinion on the film because I was afraid of being flames

There is no doubt some BEAUTIFUL film scenes in that movie

And BEAUTIFUL scenes in the solo trailer, here’s hoping for a good experience this time around

Movie bob is quite smart, but sometimes he's so overboard that it goes beyond what is good or bad and he could probably justify everything.

Ultimately, I think red-letter media had the estimate review. Ultimately, they said this film tired them out and they no longer care.

I'm also looking forward to the solo movie. Mostly because it has the potential of being the most like and MCU flick and that's a tone that Disney can handle

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I’m tired of seeing all these different versions.. tank trooper, beach trooper... see I don’t even care to know their real names..

I guess I really can’t complain I never had a problem with snow of scout troopers... but mud and muck troopers...

I think i've heard or seen 3 or 4 new troopers already - and that's through teasers and trailers at this point. I could be wrong, but it seems solely a blatant move to sell more toys and have more characters for games. Can't see the pimp trooper, for example, being a story necessity frankly.

No doubt that the naming conventions in Stars Wars is horrible.

I can see why people are cynical about all the different troopers being a marketing ploy. Star Wars is the big franchise rights monster.

I like that the Empire has various troopers for different environments. There were numerous variants in the old comics.
I mean who didn't like the aqua-trooper with his mobility pack and stinger blaster that worked underwater?
It's just we didn't get toys.

I can understand the Empire having all kinds of troopers. I just don't like their introduction being in the prequals.
It makes no sense to have camouflaged scout troopers in the Clone Wars only to have white scout troopers on Endor.

Was the Empire so arrogant that they didn't need to hide?

The worse thing is the stealth trooper in the video games.
If the Millennium Falcon is too small to have a cloaking device; how can a trooper carry one and only look like a black stormtrooper?

LOL!!!

Attachments

• 789F5D55-A2C3-4A4E-9008-25630453153A.png
    789F5D55-A2C3-4A4E-9008-25630453153A.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 176

I'm a fan of troopers. But the endless variety and remixing is getting old. (especially the timeline is wonky and the retcon is strong)

I've taken to calling the latest batch "Spare Parts Bin Troopers". For obvious reasons.

Yeah I’m not feeling so many new troopers, seemed like they are rushed out only to sell more toys

I’m not a scout trooper fan, but those look so much more stream line compared to anything else we have gotten

The beach troopers I don’t even understand...

My friend and I were debating today about the mud trooper and he made a comment

Maybe it’s really old armor, maybe it’s nothing really new. That explains the big gas tubes, and dirty look

To me the white trooper armor (though dirty in some scenes) made the troopers look elite, I get them being dirty on Tatooine, but I never saw a dirty trooper on the Death Star everything was pristine.

Unless that is your in a trash compactor :p

Remember the sayings, less it more? That’s how I feel, it doesn’t ruin the movie for me. Wish they would just cool their jets and stick with what works

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back