Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049!

Here's some pictures of the coat I'm offering. I actually don't have a coat that fits me just right, since I didn't order a final version. But these show the final coat on a hanger pretty well!

Pros: Overall look, weight, outer color I think is perfect, I love the new fur texture, and the magnets actually seem to do a solid job of holding it closed.

Cons: The fur is a bit too orange. My initial reaction when I saw it in person was that it was WAY too orange, but after seeing it for a while I really think the biggest issue is that it's too clean. I think that dirtied up, it's pretty dang close. Not as perfect as the outer cloth color, but very close. Second run I believe will have a slightly lighter, less orange color. But not far from this.

I have tried to use flat lighting and photoshop to get the third picture to reflect the colors accurately but gosh it's hard to get it just right with a camera. Inside looking at a coat, it looks like the right shade of green. As I carry it outside, it looks gray. Get outside, it looks blue (as seen in the first two pictures). I guess that means it matches the movie!

BL Colors.jpg

The fur more closely resembles the texture of the original prop coat for sure. Agree it’s way too orange. I hope mine isn’t that color (second run)
Here’s a close up of the fur taken at the Cinerama Dome exhibition. It’s definately an aged beige in real world lighting. It’s easier to start there as a neutral base and then add dirt and stains rather than working back from a more intense or brighter color fur.

3DE83E1F-7B8E-435B-BF0B-81D52AC6CCE0.jpeg

For those doing a K style stealth costume (one with plausible deniability), I can recommend Baracuta oilskin outerwear in forest green. I ordered a G10 winter coat on sale as an impulse purchase, and was determined to return it once I received it after much recrimination. However, the weight, color, and movement of the waxed cotton is dead-on to my eye. The color is liminal, at once black or dark gray and green. The navy blue coat looks cool, too, though I've not seen it in person.

The shape has a slight A-line from the shoulder to hem. If I measured correctly, mine (US/UK 36) is 32" from shoulder to hem. At 5' 7" or 5' 8", the hem falls 3-4" above the top of my knee, about the same length as K's "action coat" (below) that we are not supposed to notice. It fits true to size and appears to be very high quality. Baracuta has a long history from Elvis to Sinatra, Steve McQueen, Tom Cruise, etc. Their most famous jacket is the G9, but this G10 makes a pretty great Blade Runner-ish jacket if you are interested in Blade Runner-ish style over verisimilitude.

I might put some patches on it or maybe add some detachable sherpa. K's actual coat looks to be more of a Belstaff style (from the felled shoulder detail), but this Baracuta one is a fine detective coat, too. They are having a sale at the moment, 40% off. The color of this really makes me want to run through a wall at full speed. The waxed fabric is a bit stiff in a good way--it has some memory. I expect it to develop unique wrinkles and wear similar to a leather jacket or a pair of good jeans.

br-trl-153.jpg

I got my coat from White Sheep Leather this week, but I'm returning it. Hear me out cause I want to be fair and say it is a decent coat and i'm more or less being picky.

First big reason I'm returning it is the collar.You'll notice the collar and lapels aren't too screen accurate. This wouldn't bother me as much but the design in the film simply looks better. By comparison, Zlurpo's coat (3rd pic) has a larger collar and does a good job of recreating the lapels as well.
View attachment 786892View attachment 786896View attachment 786900View attachment 786898View attachment 786899
Because the collar is tight and isn't as big as it should be, it collapses and loses its form. The top rim should be larger to accommodate for the shape of a head. It's a bummer cause even after them assuring me this issue has been resolved, it obviously hasn't. Despite the fact that I would rarely stand the collar up, its size still does affect how the collar looks like when it's down (it just seems smaller and less full than it should be)

View attachment 786877View attachment 786878 View attachment 786883
Another big reason I'm returning it is the $50 wax job. I was expecting the coat to have a slight shimmer but the coat is very lightly waxed at best. As a result the lettering on the back is much more conspicuous and dark than I had hoped for. The side shot of the left lapel shows the thickness of the cotton layer (thickness of two thin coins max). Also the fur lining has little volume. Areas with padding (arms and shoulders) feel great however.

View attachment 786893View attachment 786894View attachment 786895
The upside to this coat is that they nailed the color. It's darker in person, I would put it between black and a dark olive green. It also looks good and fits well. The reason I don't want to write off this coat is obviously the price. For someone who isn't as nitpicky about the details and wants to go easier on their wallet, WSL is a worthy option. I've never ordered clothes online and personally I didn't come to realize that I'm willing to spend another $100 for these details until the coat had been shipped. Im still surprised at myself for spending this much on a stupid coat lol. I'll have to bite the bullet of shipping costs too. Hope this helps someone out there.

I had the same issues. I comented it days ago. Same issues with the collar, but for me the worst was the 50 bucks for a waxed unexistent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the additional information/details regarding the White Sheep Leather version (especially 715creeks). Think that has to be the most in-depth and helpful analysis of the WSL version we've had. Good to know.

I heard back from WSL regarding an issue I had. I noticed that when stood up over the face, there is a big separation between the guard and the rest of the jacket. Zlurpo's definitely doesn't have this issue as the fabric sits together nicely when the guard is up over the face. I have a naff faux leather version of the jacket, and while I'm not a big fan of it (hence me looking for a cotton one) it has a zip in the section (pictured) which holds it together better when it sits over the face. This may sound confusing but the pictures should hopefully explain what I mean.

Anyway, to clarify. WSL got back to me and confirmed a zipper can be added (like in my dodgy faux leather version). I still don't think I'm going to go ahead with WSL as I want a proper, warm winter coat (Winters in England don't tend to drop below freezing but I still think it may be a little on the thin side). But hopefully this helps anyone still planning to order from them - you CAN ask for a zipper to be added (if you want that kind of thing).

Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 19.55.14.pngScreen Shot 2018-01-16 at 19.53.26.pngScreen Shot 2018-01-16 at 19.45.40.pngScreen Shot 2018-01-16 at 20.15.44.png26937951_10157153190728569_1482067538_o.jpg26941603_10157153190828569_1341535724_o.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry if all those pictures posted weirdly/duplicated

Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 19.44.50.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 19.51.06.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 19.45.40.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 19.53.30.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 19.55.14.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 20.15.44.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 19.53.26.png

26937951_10157153190728569_1482067538_o.jpg

26941603_10157153190828569_1341535724_o.jpg

Thanks for the additional information/details regarding the White Sheep Leather version (especially 715creeks). Think that has to be the most in-depth and helpful analysis of the WSL version we've had. Good to know.

I heard back from WSL regarding an issue I had. I noticed that when stood up over the face, there is a big separation between the guard and the rest of the jacket. Zlurpo's definitely doesn't have this issue as the fabric sits together nicely when the guard is up over the face. I have a naff faux leather version of the jacket, and while I'm not a big fan of it (hence me looking for a cotton one) it has a zip in the section (pictured) which holds it together better when it sits over the face. This may sound confusing but the pictures should hopefully explain what I mean.

Anyway, to clarify. WSL got back to me and confirmed a zipper can be added (like in my dodgy faux leather version). I still don't think I'm going to go ahead with WSL as I want a proper, warm winter coat (Winters in England don't tend to drop below freezing but I still think it may be a little on the thin side). But hopefully this helps anyone still planning to order from them - you CAN ask for a zipper to be added (if you want that kind of thing).

A zipper would work, but the other versions (including the original) just use stitches to attach the lapel together. That seems like it would be much easier to add.

Here's some pictures of the coat I'm offering. I actually don't have a coat that fits me just right, since I didn't order a final version. But these show the final coat on a hanger pretty well!

Pros: Overall look, weight, outer color I think is perfect, I love the new fur texture, and the magnets actually seem to do a solid job of holding it closed.

Cons: The fur is a bit too orange. My initial reaction when I saw it in person was that it was WAY too orange, but after seeing it for a while I really think the biggest issue is that it's too clean. I think that dirtied up, it's pretty dang close. Not as perfect as the outer cloth color, but very close. Second run I believe will have a slightly lighter, less orange color. But not far from this.

I have tried to use flat lighting and photoshop to get the third picture to reflect the colors accurately but gosh it's hard to get it just right with a camera. Inside looking at a coat, it looks like the right shade of green. As I carry it outside, it looks gray. Get outside, it looks blue (as seen in the first two pictures). I guess that means it matches the movie!

View attachment 788037[/QUOTE

Love it!!! I agree on the fur color. I hope run two is a bit more beige.

For those doing a K style stealth costume (one with plausible deniability), I can recommend Baracuta oilskin outerwear in forest green. I ordered a G10 winter coat on sale as an impulse purchase, and was determined to return it once I received it after much recrimination. However, the weight, color, and movement of the waxed cotton is dead-on to my eye. The color is liminal, at once black or dark gray and green. The navy blue coat looks cool, too, though I've not seen it in person.

The shape has a slight A-line from the shoulder to hem. If I measured correctly, mine (US/UK 36) is 32" from shoulder to hem. At 5' 7" or 5' 8", the hem falls 3-4" above the top of my knee, about the same length as K's "action coat" (below) that we are not supposed to notice. It fits true to size and appears to be very high quality. Baracuta has a long history from Elvis to Sinatra, Steve McQueen, Tom Cruise, etc. Their most famous jacket is the G9, but this G10 makes a pretty great Blade Runner-ish jacket if you are interested in Blade Runner-ish style over verisimilitude.

I might put some patches on it or maybe add some detachable sherpa. K's actual coat looks to be more of a Belstaff style (from the felled shoulder detail), but this Baracuta one is a fine detective coat, too. They are having a sale at the moment, 40% off. The color of this really makes me want to run through a wall at full speed. The waxed fabric is a bit stiff in a good way--it has some memory. I expect it to develop unique wrinkles and wear similar to a leather jacket or a pair of good jeans.

View attachment 788157

I did the same thing with this coat from QOR. It's a very good waxed cotton that falls just below the butt. I had faux shearling sewn in and placed a button under the right collar to make it stand up. The coat is intentionally cut larger than normal, so I ordered a Medium and the fit is amazing. I'm 6'3", 195lbs, slim-ish, and it fits like it was tailor-made.

https://www.qorkit.com/qor-alpha-waxed-cotton-jacket-f3468d.html

31057_1_6.pngimage1.jpeg

Last edited:
So I think I am ready to push the button on the WSL coat, will go down the custom size route. This thread has been so helpful, you are all wicked!

Decided to do some weathering on my Magnoli coat...

that looks great! you planning on attempting to "dirty" up the shearling at all? looking forward to getting my coat soon, ordered it a few months ago! (although i have been regularly pestering Indy with frequent revision requests which has probably caused delays :lol )

Not yet, I'm not quite confident enough to use shoe polish because that seems a bit more permanent than fullers, but sometime down the road I will :lol
Hopefully it gets to you soon, looking forward to seeing others peoples coats with all the revisions and custom options they do with them.

I did the same thing with this coat from QOR. It's a very good waxed cotton that falls just below the butt. I had faux shearling sewn in and placed a button under the right collar to make it stand up. The coat is intentionally cut larger than normal, so I ordered a Medium and the fit is amazing. I'm 6'3", 195lbs, slim-ish, and it fits like it was tailor-made.

https://www.qorkit.com/qor-alpha-waxed-cotton-jacket-f3468d.html

View attachment 788372View attachment 788373

The addition of the sherpa here is excellent. Did you use the Alibaba sherpa cloth mentioned earlier in the thread?

The screen used boots are the 8in version as seen here.
https://goo.gl/3nLgMt

For boots, I got the usual 8" "Strike" ones from Amazon. I wasn't totally impressed with them, as it looks like the only leather part is the toe piece. I was using some Huberd's neatsfoot oil on them, and I think most of the other "leather" pieces are just vinyl. I checked out the Bates Boots site, and it now looks like they are selling the boots, perhaps slightly upgraded, as 8" "Shock" boots.

But I also noticed they have a new version called "Shock FX." The Shock FX boots differ in that they have an additional reinforced toe cap, but it also looks like they have much more actual leather and come in three colors ("Dark Cloud" looks especially nice) and black. These look like 6" boots.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back